Handsy Uncle Joe’s already pledged to hire Robert Francis O’Rourke as his gun control czar to relieve Americans of their AR-14 and AK-37 “assault rifles.” But given the doddering candidate’s failing physical and mental health, should he be elected, you have to expect there’s an excellent chance that his Vice President would move into the big chair, maybe before his first term is over.
That makes the choice of a running mate all the more important. Who is he considering for that job?
Former Vice President Joe Biden already proclaimed he would likely name a woman to join him on the 2020 ticket. If he keeps his word, the candidates to fill the role should cause millions of first-time and longtime firearm owners concern. Many who bought guns for the first time recently got a glimpse of what each candidate’s gun control platform could mean for their safety and the protection of their loved ones and property. Some were alarmed to learn they had to wait as long as 10 days to take home their handguns.
- Failed Georgia gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams worked as a state legislator to pass policies that would turn law-abiding Georgians into felons by forcing them to either turn in modern sporting rifles or destroy them. At 17.7million MSRs in circulation today, that’s a lot of confiscation if her gun control ideas for Georgia are tried out on the national stage.
- Failed 2020 presidential candidate U.S Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) would likely impose new taxes on American sportsmen and women and supports reinstating the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban, which did not reduce crime. That’s not the only thing. She’s got lots of plans, including a catalogue for gun control which she touted on the campaign trail.
- Biden is also said to be considering his former 2020 presidential rival Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.). Uncle Dick might need to hang out in the deer stand a little longer. Her laundry list gun control platform includes repealing the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act, as well as supporting “red flag” laws that deny the accused due process under the law.
- Failed 2020 presidential candidate Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) is the last announced participant in Everytown’s gun control virtual townhall series. The senator from the Golden State would wave the magic wand of “Executive Action” to enact sweeping gun control policies if she could, including limiting the number of firearms a licensed retailer could sell each year and removing existing legal protections for firearm manufacturers. There may be additional participants announced in the future.
– Larry Keane in For 2020 Democrats, Veepstakes Decided By Gun Control