Watch Gabrielle Giffords, an advocate for gun control and former congresswoman, endorse Joe Biden for president during the Democratic National Convention on Wednesday.
— The New York Times (@nytimes) August 20, 2020
Last night was the portion of the Democrats’ virtual convention that was designated to pay off one of their most important constituency groups, the billionaire-backed efforts to disarm Americans and negate their rights enshrined in the Second Amendment.
The star of the anti-gun show was undoubtedly Gabby Giffords, the namesake of the taxpayer supported gun control operation which, along with Brady and Everytown/Moms, are the biggest names in the civilian disarmament advocacy business.
As Giffords said in her pre-recorded speech, the way to be “on the right side of history” is to “vote, vote, vote” for Joe Biden. If you want to know why the gun-grabbing orgs are so enthusiastic about Uncle Joe, here’s what he says he wants to do about “gun violence”:
- Ban the manufacture of “assault weapons” and “high capacity” magazines
- Mandate NFA registration of all currently owned “assault weapons”
- Hold a national “buyback” of “assault weapons” for those who don’t want to register their ARs and AKs
- A national one gun a month purchase limit
- National universal background checks
- Reinstate the Obama gun ban for Social Security recipients who seek mental health treatment
- Ban gun sales to anyone convicted of a “hate crime”
- Increase the time period the FBI has to make a determination on a NICS check from 3 to 10 days
- End all online sales of firearms, ammunition, kits, and gun parts
- A national confiscation program for those who become prohibited persons
- Incentivize all states to enact “red flag” laws by doling out federal funds
- Incentivize all states to require that individuals obtain a permit to own firearms before being able to purchase one
- Prohibit anyone under a temporary restraining order or convicted of assault, battery, or stalking from purchasing or possessing firearms, misdemeanor or felon
- “Put America on the path to ensuring that 100% of firearms sold in America are smart guns”
- Enact a national safe storage law
- Enact a national stolen gun reporting requirement law
- Ban “ghost guns” by requiring that “purchasers of gun kits or 3D printing code pass a federal background check”
- Ban the use of federal dollars used to train teachers to carry in the classroom