Atlas Self-Defense is a Texas-based training company with a difference: mirrors. More technically, a patent-pending VIKN reflective targeting system. Under expert supervision, students shoot their gun at a reflective image of role-playing bad guys. It’s…intense. We’re inviting ten TTAG readers to join Dan, Nick and me for Atlas’ Responsible Defense 1 Course [Make the jump for a full course description.] It’s at Best of the West Shooting Sports in Liberty Hill (home of The 2016 Texas Firearms Festival) on Saturday, March 26 from 9am to 3pm. Click here to register. Use promo code TTAG100 for a $100 discount. Lunch at Dahlia’s is on you, but oh my the pecan pie! Sorry. Paleo. It’s a thing. See you there!
Responsible Defense 1 includes expert handgun training and advice in basic defensive shooting techniques and will significantly promote confidence in your ability to responsibly carry and use a handgun to defend yourself and your family.
The eight-hour course consists of three hours of critical classroom training modules that include:
- Comprehensive Handgun Safety for New Owners and Carriers
- Selecting the Best Defense Handgun for You
- Handgun Familiarization
- How to Interact with Police Officers while Armed
- Post-Use of Deadly Force Procedures
- Introduction to the Troysgate VIKN System for Live Scenarios
Classroom training is followed by both conventional handgun range skill development and the Troysgate VIKN system engagement scenarios using live role players and actual self-defense scenarios encountered in the real world.
Like all Atlas Defense training courses, Responsible Defense 1 is led by a Master Certified Instructor assisted by a Safety Director, highly-experience tactical instructors, and live role players to maximize safety and the realism of the experience.
Immediately following each VIKN system engagement participants will benefit from an improvement critique by tactical instructors.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Holster or carrying device (e.g. purse, fanny pack, etc.).
- Your unloaded handgun
- If you carry a semi-automatic pistol, bring at least two spare magazines for reloading and a magazine pouch
- State firearms license & government-issued identification
- 100 rounds of ammunition
- Bring your own eye and hearing protection if you have it – Atlas Defense will provide eye and ear protection for the training course if you do not have it.
- Bring a signed copy of the release form
- Check-in and classroom at Best of the West Shooting Sports headquarters then we will proceed to the Atlas Defense tactical bay.