Have you ever wanted to nab the refrigerator thief in the house is who’s been scarfing down the leftover pizza you were saving for breakfast? No? OK, have you ever thought it would be cool to know if the humidity in your gun safe suddenly rises? Yeah? Well Liberty Safe has just the thing to keep you informed. A wifi-enabled monitoring gizmo to alert you via email or text when something’s up with your firearms collection . . .
Payson, Utah, May 9, 2013, Liberty Safe— World famous for their line of super tough reliable firearm safes www.libertysafe.com has devised a revolutionary portable and wireless alarm system in cooperation with Elertus Cloud Services.
SafElert is a compact 3x2x1-inch wireless hi-tech communications device you can employ in any existing safe or any other confined space including your dresser drawers, automobile, liquor cabinet, or even in your refrigerator to catch a secret snacker.
The SafElert is set into any safe or targeted area to be monitored; you arm it and go enjoy your life.
The SafElert will notify you if your safe (any safe) is jarred, hit, pried, moved, opened, over heated, the handle is jostled or most anything else out of the ordinary. Additionally the system will even automatically send you a weekly humidity report from the inside the safe.
“SafElert is another example of Liberty’s innovative thinking in an increasingly complex and dangerous world. We are always looking for ways to better protect what our customer’s value.”–Kim Waddoups, President, Liberty Safes.
The alarm and reports are sent as texts or emailsthrough a Wi-Fi system and received via email messaging and cell/smart phone via Elertus Cloud services. And if any of those systems fails, SafElert will even notify you of that particular failure event when it checks in every hour. It even notifies you when the batteries are getting low.
You can have up to five people receive this information. So if you forget your cell phone or go on a hunting trip without your electronic toys and an alert comes in, any one of these other people can react to the alarm.
What you need: A home Wi-Fi network (wireless router) and smartphone, tablet, PC, or Mac connected to your wireless router.
Making it work:
1. Place batteries into the SafElert
2. Sign up at Elertus.com
3. Choose various targeted items to be monitored (heat, movement, humidity, etc.)
4. Place SafElert inside the safe or protected item and you are set.
- Case: Polycarbonate plastic
- Size: 3.1″ long x 2.5″ wide x 1.05″ high
- Weight: 2.5 oz. (without batteries)
- Power: Two AA 1.5 Volt alkaline batteries (generally last one year)
- Heat range: -30 to +150 Degrees F
- Humidity range: 0-100%
- MSRP: SafElert unit, $199.00
- Monitoring: The SafElert communicates via wireless electronic communication to the Elertus 24-hour 365 day Internet Cloud Service monitoring for as low as $39.95 a YEAR! That’s only about $3.30 a month!
- Available though all Liberty Safe Dealers www.libertysafe.com