As someone who’s nearsighted, I have to have my shades and shooting glasses made with prescription lenses. That’s a bummer as there are so many other great (and less expensive) options out there. Some of the most attractive and best-featured are from Magpul’s eyewear line. They manage to look good without appearing too “tactical.”
They’ve just expanded their Terrain line of eye pro. Here’s their press release.
The Terrain is designed for our most demanding customers, and it’s well suited for those who require ballistic and safety protection for maximum coverage in a larger frame that best fits medium to large faces.
Constructed from TR90NZZ, the strongest thermoplastic material available for eyewear, the Terrain provides extreme impact resistance, durability, and flexibility in a lightweight package. The Terrain’s oleophobic-treated lenses shed liquid and won’t be degraded by water, sweat, or chemicals, and they’ve been both impact tested and safety rated, providing you with the all-around protection your eyes need.
Its 8-base wrap and over molded anti-slip rubber nose and temple pads prevent slippage and make sure the Terrain stays put while you’re in motion. On the range, where high levels of ballistic protection are a must, the Terrain will exceed expectations.
The design of the Terrain’s low-profile temples integrates well under helmets, headsets, and over-the-ear hearing protection, ensuring that you’re protected and able to perform naturally wherever you put them and yourself to the test.
- Constructed of TR90NZZ, the frames combine lightweight construction and ballistic protection, providing rugged strength and flexibility
- Ballistic Rated Z87+ and MIL-PRF 32432 lenses and frames meet both high velocity impact protection and safety ratings
- Oleophobic and anti-glare lenses repel liquids and provide oil, sweat, sunscreen, and other chemical protection
- Low profile temples integrate with over-the-ear-hearing protection and communication headsets
- Coated stainless steel pins provide simple but dependable hinge functionality
- Anti-slip rubber nose and temple pads
NEW Gray Lens with Silver Mirror features
- A darker lens for extremely bright and overcast conditions
- Reduces glare off of water
- Provides true color perception and natural contrast
- A good choice for sunny days on land and on water
- Reduces eyestrain and fatigue
- Perfect for lens for any occasion
- 11.43% Light Transmission
- Usage: Mountain biking, hiking, skiing, boating, fishing and other water activities
NEW Gray Lens with Red Mirror features
- Reduces glare
- Provides true color perception and enhanced contrast
- A good choice for sunny days on both land and water
- General purpose lens for bright and overcast conditions
- 15% Light Transmission
Frame: Matte Black, Gray, Tortoise
Lens: Bronze, Gray
Mirror: Blue, Gold, Silver, Red, None
MAG1020: $109.00 and MAG1021: $149.00