Texas-based Bravo Concealment, makers of one of our favorite OWB holsters, the BCA OWB Kydex holster, has just announced a new model. The BCA 3.0 OWB holster adds adjustable retention and a new polymer material. They’re only available for GLOCK pistols now, but look for more models to be added down the road and they’re priced at $49.29. Here’s their press release:
NEW BCA 3.0 OWB Gun Holster
The NEW BCA 3.0 Gun Holster still has the same features that made our BCA the BEST OWB gun holster in the industry. So how did we change something so iconic without taking away from it? Well, for starters, we made it personal. How? By adding a retention setting to it.
Now you can take your desired retention and apply it to your gun holster. You can go from a medium light retention to a very heavy retention. Ideal for anyone who carries. We have also taken away from itʼs footprint by eliminating material from itʼs bottom corners to make it smaller and lighter. This makes it a very comfortable OWB gun holster while still keeping itʼs well known characteristic of staying close to your body.
Finally, we now use a diversified Polymer plastic that is known for its ideal balance between rigidity, impact strength and hardness to protect your firearm at all times. Whether you are reholstering consecutively at the range or just carrying while protecting yourself and those around you on a daily basis, know that your firearm is secure and safeguarded. All this makes the NEW BCA 3.0 Gun Holster just as good as itʼs predecessor while inheriting a little flair to it.
NEW BCA 3.0 OWB Gun Holster
• NEW Solid locking adjustable retention
• NEW Minimalist Design for even more all day comfort
• NEW Polymer plastic provides supreme rigidity and impact strength assuring protection of your firearm.
• Designed for outside the waistband carry, but can easily be converted to inside the waistband by swapping out the belt loops with our IWB belt clips.
• 10° cant enhances concealment under loose garments.
• Robust 1.50” or 1.75” injection molded belt loops prevent breakage even under rigorous use.
• Belt loops can be replaced with Belt Clips for inside the waistband carry.
• The BCA creates adequate room for a positive grip thus enabling a smooth draw with solid weapon retention.
• All edges on holster are rounded for comfort.
• All holsters are curved to fit the contours of your body.
For any OWB carry, I want some form of active retention. No, I am not overly worried about a gun grab, I just want that second bit of anti fall-out security that active retention gives. It may just be a mental thing from being required to use active retention holsters, even in plain clothing.
No matter the cause, I reject any holsted without active retention. Yes, I have tried “normal” kydex holsters. I just don’t feel comfortable with them.
Obviously everyone should do what he prefers as long as its safe, but im the other way. It’s concealed. Active retention doesn seem necessary to me when no one ahould know it’s there.
If you have a plastic pistol you’ve gotta have a plastic holster. However I’d prefer my plastic in squirt gun orange over the basic black
I have found friction locks tend to fail on a regular basic.
For OWB, I’d got Safariland ALS if it doesn’t stick out too much. Incredibly fast draw, active retention, and the most proven design on the market.