XS Sights has done very well for two decades with variations of their Big Dot sights (see them in our post here). Big Dots feature a large font sight dot aligned over a rear vertical line or smaller dot. Like this:
Now, however, XS is getting into the three-dot sight game with their new RAM Night Sights which will please shooters out there who aren’t fans of the “lollipop” sight set-up.
Here’s their press release . . .
Fort Worth, TX (October 8, 2019) – XS® Sights is pleased to introduce RAM™ Night Sights – the brightest sight options for fast and accurate shooting in bright and low light.
The RAM (radioactive material) night sights have a traditional 3-dot tritium, notch and post sight picture. The rear sight is blacked out to increase contrast against the front sight which is available in bright orange or green. The front sight features XS’s proprietary Ember™ Glow Dot technology which absorbs ambient light and glows in low light. The front tritium lamp in the RAM sight charges the Ember Glow Dot, making the front sight glow brighter than the rear, keeping one’s focus down range.
“Our high-performance night sights are purpose driven tools fine-tuned for Law Enforcement use,” said Zack Kinsley, Marketing Manager for XS Sights. “Having our own tritium license has significantly strengthened our capabilities. We now test and use raw materials we didn’t have prior access to, resulting in broader and more advanced product offerings that ensure front sight visibility at all times.”
RAM Night Sights were designed to overcome three common issues with 3-dot tritium sights:
- Confusing the front dot with one of the rear sight dots when under stress
- The brightly colored Ember Glow Dot in the RAM front sight is a much brighter color which differentiates the front dot from the two rear dots.
- The 2-dot tritium rear sight glowing brighter than the front sight drawing the eyes there instead of towards the downrange threat.
- The Ember front sight is brighter than the rear tritium lamps.
- Tight sight pictures
- RAM Night Sights use a notch that is 15% wider than the front sight, allowing more visible light around the front sight. This makes it easier to see the front sight in changing light conditions and when shooting on the move, aiding in sight alignment and increasing accuracy.
Other key features include a rear sight overhang that reduces glare in bright light for greater sight definition. The anti-reflective rear tritium lenses also reduce glare in daylight while increasing contrast against the front sight. RAM sights also have a rear sight ledge to aid in one-handed slide manipulations.
As for color choice, the orange front sight contrasts best in bright light and the green glows best in low light; however, people see color differently and eyesight issues can affect which color performs best for each individual.
The steel RAM Night Sights are extremely durable and easy to install by hand or with a sight pusher tool. All tritium sights from XS are backed by a 10-year, No-Questions-Asked Warranty. Front blade width is 0.145” (3.68 mm) and the notch width is 0.170” (4.32 mm). While height varies by model, all models fit standard holster options.
· 17, 19, 22, 23, 24, 26, 27, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, & 36
· 20, 21, 29, 30, 37, 30S, 40, & 41
· 42, 43, 43X, & 48
· P225, P226, P228, P229, P320, SP2009 & SP2340
Smith and Wesson®
· M&P® Full-size & compact
· M&P® Shield®
· XD®, XDM®, & XDS®
· FN 509®
Retail Price: $100 to $120 depending on the model
For more information on XS Sights, visit xssights.com.
About XS Sights
XS Sights is known for making the fastest sights in any light. For more than 20 years, the XS team has created some of the most innovative sights on the market today for pistols, rifles and shotguns. Whether used for personal defense or hunting, these sights are designed and built to be the absolute best for their specific purpose.