With ATF angling to crack down on pistol braces but the popularity of large format pistols still at an all-time high, it’s great to see an entirely new category of rear accessory that appears to provide so much utility to owners of large, accurate, highly-capable pistols. Since Black Collar’s APS doesn’t contact the shooter’s body but is, rather, designed as a rear support for resting the gun on a solid surface, ATF’s pistol brace restrictions that are focused on holding a braced pistol one-handed and at arm’s reach don’t appear relevant. The APS looks like a very useful accessory for benchrest pistol style shooting, for everything from bullseye to hunting applications.
Black Collar Arms’ press release follows:
Black Collar Arms Adjustable Pistol Support (APS) Now Available
Austin, TX (07/15/2022) – Not a shoulder stock, not a pistol brace, the brand new Black Collar Arms APS — Adjustable Pistol Support — is available and shipping now at https://blackcollararms.com/product/aps/
APS supports the rear of a large format pistol on a bench, ground, or any other solid surface and offers 3 inches of vertical travel for precise point of impact adjustment. The Adjustable Pistol Support is a brand new category of rear accessory for firearms and is ideally suited to large, accurate pistols.
Our first model is a clamp-on design that fits any AR-15 style pistol buffer tube (any round tube 1.17″ to 1.20″ in diameter) or any adapter designed for a GHW Tailhook MOD 1 pistol brace.
• QD sling socket on one side of clamp
• Clamps to any round tube 1.17″ to 1.20″ in diameter
• Accepts any Atlas bipod-compatible foot (not included) to match your shooting surface
• Provides approximately 3 inches of height adjustment to fine-tune point of impact. Rotate post to raise or lower it
• For external use only
• Weight: 7.1 ounces
• Height: 6.21 inches (top-to-bottom in shortest config)
• Post Diameter: 1.125 inches
• Maximum Width: 1.5 inches
• Material: 6061 aluminum
• Finish: Type III Hardcoat Anodized Black or FDE Cerakote on top of the hardcoat anodizing (other Cerakote colors/patterns available on request)
• Made in Texas
• Patent Pending!
For more information and to order your APS or submit a dealer inquiry, visit https://blackcollararms.com/product/aps/
About Black Collar Arms
Based in Leander, TX, Black Collar is dedicated to creating innovative and functional firearms and components. The Pork Sword Chassis forged the market for minimalist, modular firearm chassis and Black Collar’s first ground-up firearm design, the straight-pull MBA rifle and pistol line, is coming later this year.