Over at liveleak.com an unknown commentator spotted a few problems with the TIME report on forthcoming US-made AK-47. Here’s his run down . . .
F-ups and fantastical nonsense @ 0:04
– the gun pictured is not an AK
– the sound effect is one of an automatic weapon being fired; the AKs to be made available to civilians will not be automatic.
Fallacy @ 0:17
– the gun pictured is being “bump-fired” to give the illusion that it is an automatic rifle, which it is not.
F up? @ 0:23
– no receiver cover. Why? So we can all be exposed to the horror that goes on internally?
Fantastical nonsense @ 0:25
– dramatic, stupid ass gun sound effect added.
F up @ 0:45
– again, not an AK.
Fantastical nonsense @ 1:18
– “…the AK-47 has been at the heart of chaos.” Want to know what’s been more at the heart of chaos than the AK? Man’s heart.
F up @ 1:36
– another gun that’s not an AK.
Did he miss anything?