The Advanced Mini Sight from Shield Sights is an enclosed pistol sight with a great co-witnessing capability that works with standard height iron sights and still mounts to the popular Shield footprint.
The AMS has a small built-in rear peep sight and provides a very nice sight picture, far better than other co-witnesses setups.
In the picture above you can see the front sight inside the rear integrated peep sight. Since this is at the base of the optic window, the red dot is unobstructed. The standard rear sight is still installed on the slide in this setup. The AMS is designed so well I would remove the factory rear sight completely.
- Mounts to Shields famous footprint
- Utilises Shields patented mechanism enabling for a Co-witness to standard iron sights, considerably reducing training times and costs
- The mechanism uses no click adjustment, making it infinitely more accurate when zeroing.
- Large crystal clear lens with no filters to disturb the image of the world through the sight.
- Machined from airspace grade aluminium to extremely precise tolerances whilst maintaining an attractive modern looking optic.
- Smallest and lightest in its class, weighing only 37g (battery inc).
- Intelligent on/off function allowing the user to turn it back on at the previous setting.
- 12 stage manual brightness adjustment, inc 3 NVG settings.
- 3 stage auto brightness adjustment so it can always be on and always be ready.
- Shields switchable interface LED allowing the user to choose from 1 of 4 reticule options.
- 13,000 hours battery life, calculated using 1MOA LED on setting 6 using CR2050 Battery.
- Side access battery compartment with option of a CR2025, CR2032 & CR2050 battery, offering the user the choice of better battery life or increased conceal-ability.
- Nitrogen sealed housing, submersible to 30 feet for 30 minutes.
- Industry first mounting interface for fitting after market accessories like a roll cage, torches, lasers, go pro, protective lens covers and many more.
For the basically the same information and better pictures click here.