Arguments for Condition 3 carry (full magazine, nothing in the chamber):
1. Safer for children (more difficult for them to rack the slide and chamber a round).
2. Helps prevent negligent discharges by adding another task before firing
3. Helps prevent negligent discharges by reducing administrative handling during loading/unloading (you don’t have to chase the ejected round when unloading)
4. Lowers your chances of being shot by your own gun if a bad guy takes control of your weapon in a fight.
Arguments against Condition 3 carry . . .
1. Requires two hands and you may not have both hands available.
2. Shorts you a round.
3. Slightly faster presentation time.
4. Keeps one honest to the fact that “All Guns are Always Loaded.”
5. Murphy’s law. One more thing to go wrong at a critical moment.
Both are viable carry methods, aren’t they?