Though Juggernaut Tactical used to make one of the worst products I’ve ever reviewed, I still had a high opinion of the rest of their line. In what appears to be no exception to that, their new Ultimate AR Jig looks awesome. It’s a drill jig kit designed to help you turn an 80% AR-15 or AR-10 lower receiver into a 100% lower receiver . . .
• 17-4 Stainless Steel Drill Bushings
• Patented alignment tool with light
• Depth gage for quickly setting tool length
• CNC-machined from solid aerospace billet aluminum
• Laser-etched with Right/Left markings and drill hole sizes for convenience
• Individually replaceable plates
• Type III hard coat anodized
• If instructions are properly followed, the jig kit can be used to finish up to 25 lowers, or more
For an additional $60, one can add the Ultimate Jig Tooling Package. It “includes all bits required to finish your AR-15 or AR-10 lower. These are the same bits we use in our commercial CNC machines at the Juggernaut Tactical factory.” That includes:
• 1 ea. 0.375″ Cobalt Drill
• 1 ea. 0.3125″ Cobalt Drill
• 1 ea. 0.156″ Cobalt Drill
• 1 ea. 5/16″ Carbide Endmill
It looks like a really precise and solid way to finish out an 80% lower. But it’s a $180 wear-and-tear item that’s expected to last only through the creation of maybe 25 lowers, so that’s something to keep in mind.
Hopefully Juggernaut is or will be offering the ability to replace only the drill guides and bushings, which are the wear parts, as needed, while allowing the owner to retain the main body and other components. That would up the value and make the investment more appealing, especially over the long term.