Had you already booked your flights and hotel for the big 600-yard 1911 shoot? Ouch. Hope that was a refundable fare. Here’s a late email blast we got last night from Charles Henderson for all of you hoping to qualify for that Lippard 600 Yard Club patch:
Please hold off booking airline travel for the shoot September 22, per the information I received from Michael Bane, per the below email. We will see what we can get done on Monday, ironing out the conflicting dates. As John Burtt has notified me, the following weekend at Whittington Center is tied up with the .50 Cal people doing a 1000 yard competition September 28-30 . . .
We still may be able to shoot on the 22nd if Mr. Bane can make some early shooting arrangements on another event. We will have some answers on Monday.
Our concern is to get this shoot done as soon as possible, before our Rocky Mountain weather starts to act up. We may have other days, not weekend days, that we can shoot. I will be talking with Mr. Bane on Monday. If he cannot get himself and his crew free for the 22nd, then I will call Whittington Center and arrange for a new date that does not conflict.