Yesterday, Governor Jerry Brown signed a raft of new gun control measures — and left the state. Shortly thereafter his administration announced that another deeply unconstitutional measure relating to ammunition sales will be on the November ballot: Proposition 63. The Firearms Policy Coalition is gearing-up to fight Prop 63. They write this about that:
Our enemy is now identified. As of this morning, the Ammo Ban is official for the November ballot and has a new designation: Proposition 63 The below image was taken from the Secretary of State’s website right as it was updated.
Now the war is official. Here’s what the anti-gun Prop. 63 will do:
- BAN all standard (“high-capacity”) magazines…even those “grandfathered” in
- BAN online and mail order / catalog ammunition direct purchases
- BAN the importation of ammunition purchased out-of-state
- DESTROY virtually all small business ammo retailers with insane new regulations
- CRIMINALIZE the sharing of ammunition between friends who may be hunting or shooting together
- MANDATE a new $50 DOJ “ammunition purchase permit”
- REQUIRE that ammunition sales are recorded in a new gun owner database
And here’s what it WILL NOT do:
- It WILL NOT stop any criminals from obtaining ammunition or guns
- It WILL NOT thwart any terrorist attack
- It WILL NOT allow law-abiding individuals to exercise their Constitutional Rights
- And it WILL NOT keep our communities safer
The Ammo Ban has now literally passed every single milestone, except for one. And that one is the November 2016 election. We are going to be running at breakneck speeds between now and then. We just need your assistance to do so. Click here to donate to the Firearms Policy Coalition.