The Fruit of the Month Club’s been going since 1934. The Sock Club’s a much newer venture. For 2016, high-end 1911 maker Cabot Guns is launching their Elite Gun of the Month Club, breaking new ground in terms of both product and price. RF, who carries one of Cabot’s “entry-level” S103 1911’s, reckons it’s a great idea for well-heeled gun collectors who can’t get enough of the Indiana gunmaker’s products. Literally. And all for just 12 monthly payments of $4,583.33! BTW: this is the first we’ve heard about a 9mm Cabot and the mysterious not-a-1911 Dragon Claw. Here’s the presser:
“If you are a true aficionado and a passionate admirer of John Browning’s enduring design, the Club is an amazing opportunity to assemble a substantial collection of 1911’s,” said Rob Bianchin, CEO of Cabot Guns. “By offering you a wide variety of designs and styles, we enable you to appreciate the many nuances of the 1911 in your own personal collection.”
Cabot is known for making the “Rolls Royce of 1911s,” according to The Blue Book of Gun Values. The Club offers members a unique opportunity to accumulate a substantial collection of precision-crafted 1911s in a short time. “You work hard. You’ve earned it,” Bianchin added. “If you appreciate quality workmanship and the finer things in life, this club is for you.” The gun collection for the Gun Club of the Month includes special edition pistols only available to Cabot Elite members.
Membership commences with a one-on-one consultation process. This process has the goal of assessing the member’s personal preferences, which are incorporated into the offerings. For its inaugural year of 2017, members of The Cabot Elite Gun of the Month Club plans to offer the following guns on a monthly basis:
– January – The S100 – A government-sized quality custom 1911.
– February – The S103 – A 1911 for daily carry.
– March – The Vintage Classic – Bringing modern technology to the most classic of designs.
– April – The Ultimate Bedside 1911 – Designed for tactical, night use, with flashlight mount.
– May – Two-Tone DLC Custom Commander – A commander-sized carry package.
– June – Dragon Claw – A totally new offering for 1911 admirers.
– July – The American Joe Commander – A 1911 with distinctive American-themed styling.
– August – The S103 9 mm. A 9mm version of the daily carry model
– September – Cabot Elite Special Edition.
– October – S100 9mm – A 9mm version of the government-sized custom 1911.
– November/December – A custom-built pistol left- and right-handed pistol set, tailored for the owner. Valued $15,000, the set includes custom serial numbers and unique elements.
Cabot is the only producer of a true left-handed 1911 – a completed inverted pistol. The Cabot left-handed 1911 features a left-handed ejection port, left-handed thumb safety, left-handed slide stop and left-handed mag release. The design team went beyond the industry’s current focus on “ambidextrous safety” and “reversible magazine release.” Every aspect of the weapon was mirrored and tailored for use specifically by left-handed shooters. The precision pays off with an accuracy guarantee of 1.5 inch groupings at 25-yards out of the box. The Gun of the Month program includes a mirror image set of matching left and right-hand pistols with custom details tailored to each Club Elite member.
In addition, Club members will receive such surprise bonuses as an exclusive, custom-made Cabot Guns gold ring made exclusively for Cabot Elite members. This is a $1,000 value. Members will also receive a Sandrin Tungsten Carbide knife. Membership is available through payment of 12 monthly installments of $4,583.33. Incidentally, this is the average cost per gun which is an excellent value given that if purchased separately the cost would be much higher.
The company offers the world’s first aerospace quality 1911. The Cabot 1911 is widely respected in the gun industry for setting a new standard in precision tolerances and quality. Cabot manufactures its guns from scratch, from a solid block of billet steel.
For more information, visit http://www.cabotguns.com.