The California House of Representatives has just passed the following gun control bills, sending them to the Senate, where they’re expected to receive a quick passage. The vote is scheduled 5:30pm EST. They could be on Governor Brown’s desk by Friday.
- AB 1664 (Levine): Bans common and constitutionally protected firearms that have magazine locking devices.
- AB 1673 (Gipson): Redefines “firearms” to include items that are not firearms.
- AB 1674 (Santiago): Bans buying more than one firearm within a 30-day period.
- AB 1695 (Bonta): Makes some non-violent misdemeanors punishable by prohibitions on owning firearms.
- AB 2607 (Ting): Dramatically expands who can request a Gun Violence Restraining order.