Angstadt Arms has a new AR-9 lower designed to work with a wide range of magazines. It features interchangeable magazine wells to use magazines from a number of pistol makers as well as different calibers.
So if you have, say, GLOCK 33-round magazines along with 30-rounders for an MP5 that you’d like to be able to use in a pistol caliber carbine format, the new AXL-9 lower lets you swap out mag wells to accept them.
Here’s Angstadt’s press release . . .
We understand your choice of pistol magazines can be fluid and non-binary. One day you may identify with Sig Sauer, while the next day you might feel more like a GLOCK or maybe even a CZ Scorpion. And sure, you’re shooting 9mm now, but in the future, you may want to go big with 10mm. Whatever your magazine pronouns, the AXL-9TM has you covered.
No longer will you be locked into a single platform. Thanks to interchangeable magazine wells, the AXL-9TM receiver allows you to switch between magazine types and even calibers. And best of all it’s compatible with all mil-spec and AR9 components allowing you to build and rebuild a pistol caliber as unique as yourself.
The AXL-9TM offers endless possibilities with the convenience of a single serialized lower receiver.
Key Design Features:
- 7075-T6 billet aluminum lower receiver with dovetail mating feature
- Interchangeable magazine wells are compatible with a wide range of magazines, including GLOCK, Sig Sauer, Smith & Wesson, Springfield Armory, Ruger, CZ, MP5 and Colt (with more to come)
- Magazine wells will be available in various calibers including 9mm, 40S&W, 45ACP and 10mm
- Supports both straight blowback and roller delayed AR9 systems
- Designed to accommodate all standard mil-spec and AR9 components
The highly anticipated AXL-9TM lower receiver is set to be available in early 2024. Stay tuned for the announcement of the official MSRP, coming soon.