I found this comment underneath the article Minn. Lawmakers Hear From Gun Violence Prevention Group at minnesota.cbslocal.com. Unsurprisingly, the article’s author (not pictured above) neglected to mention the number of Protect Minnesota participants in that discussion. Anyway, it’s important to note – again, still – that gun control proponents who claim to respect the Second Amendment do not. They don’t respect Americans’ natural, civil and Constitutionally protected right to keep and bear arms. They are pro-civilian disarmament. Gun control groups’ leaders are careful not to reveal their true intentions. Their deeply deluded utopian statist followers, not so much . . .
1. The human animal is already dangerous enough without putting a gun in his or her hand.
2. Everyone inevitably makes mistakes and the resultant deaths and wounding caused by guns are unnecessary compared to things like driving a car or riding the Shuttle into space.
3. The highly justifiable need to have a gun to defend against others with guns is easily extinguished by simply removing all guns from society.
4. The fact we have already erred by allowed guns into our societies does not rationally translate into a conclusion that it’s too late to correct that error. No matter how hard it is to correct a mistake, if we know how to correct it we should do so.
5. Except for the NRA and others who profit from guns, few would argue that living in a gun-free society is far preferable to living in one filled with gun violence.
6. Everyone has an inalienable right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness along with the peace of mind that is a necessary component of those rights that has been taken from us by the constant threat posed by guns. It is the fundamental role and responsibility of government to protect our rights by making guns illegal and the public square safer for us and our children.