Yes, there really are still gun owners in California (despite the state government’s best efforts). Millions of them, in fact. And if they’re interested in a California-compliant AR platform rifle, Radian Weapons wants them to know their Model 1 is now available. Here’s their press release . . .
INTRODUCING THE RADIAN WEAPONS CALIFORNIA COMPLIANT MODEL 1
Finally, the acclaimed Radian Model 1 and its patented Ambidextrous Dual Action Control (ADAC) technology is available to the citizens of California. The California Compliant Model 1comes with a SilencerCo ASR compensator or a Dead Air Armament compensator, a Shark Fin pistol grip, and a non-adjustable Magpul stock.
The Model 1 has fully integrated ambidextrous controls. The patented ADAC system allows for the user to lock the bolt in the rearward position by drawing the bolt to the rear using the industry-leading Raptor charging handle and depressing the magazine release button. This patented feature gives the operator unmatched functionality among AR-15 style rifles.
Every Model 1 is assembled by hand, one at a time, by a trained gunsmith who inspects, test fires, and cleans the weapon to personally guarantee it meets the most rigid quality standards. No detail has gone overlooked, which is why the Model 1, like every Radian product, is guaranteed for life.
- California Compliant Shark-Fin pistol grip
- Non-adjustable Magpul CTR, STR, or SL buttstock
- Muzzle brake/compensator
- Designed & manufactured in the USA
- Upper receiver, lower receiver, and hand guard cerakoted together for perfect color match
- Weight: 6.0 – 8.0 lbs depending on configuration
Firearm transfers must be done through a Federally Licensed FFL dealer, and California transfer must be completed at a registered CA DOJ California Firearms Dealer.
- California Compliant Shark-Fin Pistol Grip
- Non-adjustable Magpul CTR, STR, or SL Buttstock
- Muzzle brake/compensator
- Designed & Manufactured in the USA
- Upper Receiver, Lower Receiver, and Hand Guard Cerakoted together for perfect color match
- Weight: 6.0 – 8.0 lbs Depending on Configuration
UPPER RECEIVER SPECIFICATIONS
- Sub-MOA Accuracy Guarantee w/ Black Hills Match Grade Ammunition
- Billet Machined 7075-T6 Upper Receiver w/ M4 Feed Ramps
- Proprietary Extended Aluminum Hand Guard w/ Magpul M-LOK® Modular Mounting System and Integrated Upper/Hand Guard Stainless Steel Anti-Rotation Pin
- Match Grade 416R Stainless Steel Barrel w/ Polished Crown and Feed Ramps, Chambered in .223 Wylde/5.56 NATO or 300 BLK, Threaded ½ x 28 (.223) or 5/8 x 24 (300 BLK)
- Enhanced Black Nitride M16 Bolt Carrier Group
- Lightweight Forward Assist
- Radian Raptor-SD™ Suppressor-Optimized Ambidextrous Charging Handle
- Direct Impingement Gas System
- 14.5” 300 BLK: Pistol-Length
- 14.5” & 16″ 5.56: Mid-Length
- 17.5” 5.56: Intermediate-Length
- SilencerCo® ASR™ Compensator or Dead Air Compensator
LOWER RECEIVER SPECIFICATIONS
- Billet Machined 7075-T6 Lower Receiver w/ Integral Trigger Guard and Flared Magazine Well
- A-DAC™ Ambidextrous Dual-Action Control Right Side Bolt Hold Open Feature
- Ambidextrous Right & Left Side Magazine and Bolt Release Buttons
- Radian Talon™ Modular Ambidextrous 45°/90° Safety Selector
- ATC AR Gold Match Grade Trigger
- 6-Position Milspec Receiver Extension w/ QD End Plate and a H2 Carbine Buffer
- Shark-Fin Pistol Grip Pistol Grip and Pinned Magpul Stock, USGI 10 Round Magazine
MSRP starts at $2595