When choosing a truck gun, most of us pick a rugged, affordable rifle. A gun we don’t mind getting scratched and dinged up. Or possibly stolen. If you drive an old Ford Explorer, a $300 pawn shop special is perfect . . .
If your truck is a Mercedes AMG G-Wagon and your shooting needs are more of the long range variety, you might feel more comfortable with the new Gunwerks CoPilot . . .
An AMG G63 runs $142,800. The new Gunwerks CoPilot will set you back $13,995. The CoPilot is limited to 100 units. The boxy Merc is not. So there is that.
Gunwerks’ press release:
Designed as the ULTIMATE truck gun, this little guy rides shotgun everywhere you go.
We pooled some of the brightest minds and makers of the best components in the industry. Sparing no expense and cutting zero corners, the concept of The CoPilot as the ultimate truck gun was conceived.
At its core is Gunwerks’ GLR bolt action. We teamed up with Proof Research to build a custom length, carbon wrapped barrel specifically for this rifle. As we needed an ultra-compact package, we worked with Manners Composites to design a premium, collapsible, carbon fiber stock.
Our favorite, frictionless sear trigger from Trigger Tech is adjustable and breaks like glass. To round it all out, we topped it with a Nightforce ATACR F1 4-16×42 and threaded it suppressor-ready for a SilencerCo Omega suppressor (not included).
The Gunwerks CoPilot includes:
– Gunwerks CoPilot Rifle chambered in 6mm Creedmoor
– Pre-mounted, zeroed, Nightforce ATACR F1 4-16×42 with custom ballistic turret
– SKB hard travel case with exclusive inner Armageddon Gear soft case
– $480 discount off a SilencerCo Omega suppressor (Tax stamp required, not available in all states)
– 1,500 rounds 103gr Hornady ELD-X ammunition, designed specifically to maximize the performance of this rifle
– 2 five round Accuracy International magazines
– Free 1 day Long Range University training offered by Gunwerks
– Gunwerks neoprene scope cover
– The Collective – CoPilot welcome kit
– Exclusive early access to future offerings from The Collective
– Gunwerks GLR premium rifle action
– Custom collapsible carbon Manners CoPilot stock (10.5” to 14” length of pull)
– Custom match grade 16 inch carbon fiber wrapped Proof Research barrel
– Tungsten Cerakote finish
– Adjustable TriggerTech match grade trigger
– Suppressor-ready with 5/8×24 threaded muzzle and included thread cap
Yup. Even at a Lincoln under fourteen G’s you have to buy your own silencer. FWIW, the AMG G63’s options list is at least that long and each item’s just as expensive. If not more.
Besides, who doesn’t need a $14k truck gun that can shoot a plate-sized target or better at 1,300 yards, straight out of the box? Someone who doesn’t have a built-in gun safe in their G Wagon.