The National Association for Gun Rights (NAGR) congratulates America for defeating H.R. 45. (They’ll take the email protest generator off their website shortly.) The Bill, championed by former Black Panther Bobby Rush, would have eliminated private firearms sales by forcing all sales to go through a federally licensed firearms dealer. It would have “closed the gun show loophole.” The legislation died before it could get to a committee. Whew! That said, NAGR wants you to know that now is NOT the time to let your guard down! (As if.) Apparently, the following gun control laws are headed through Congress, insidiously attached to other pieces of legislation. Remember: you have been warned! Or: just because you’re paranoid doesn’t mean gun control advocates aren’t out to tax you.
- Release the medical records of all gun owners — including confidential mental health records — to the Attorney General for Government review.
- Require all Americans to pass a written examination to purchase a firearm.
- Require a two-day waiting period on all firearms purchases.
- Institute a tax of $25 or more on the purchase of each individual firearm.
- Create a national database with all firearms and firearms owners registered by serial number and social security number with the Federal Government.
- Institute a Federal ban on all private firearms sales, not just private sales at gun shows
- Increase penalties for clerical errors related to this national firearms registry.