Escort’s new BTS bullpups expand the Bentonville, Arkansas company’s Versatile Tactical Shotgun line with more compact, portable packages in 12 gauge or .410 bore.
Offered in either black or FDE Cerakote, the new inline gas piston design is mounted around the barrel, minimizing bulk and allowing the use of a proper bullpup layout. The polymer lower receiver also doubles as the forend grip, with rubber inlays for improved handling.
Its magazine well is lined with alloy for durability. The synthetic barrel cover features Hatsan’s ThermoDefend technology that absorbs and dissipates heat while containing the gas-piston operating system.
Recoil control is distributed between a soft-rubber buttpad and a long recoil spring located behind the gas piston. The reversible charging handle offers versatility to suit varying shooter preferences.
The soft-rubber pistol grip is removable and can be exchanged for one of many currently available aftermarket. The one-piece carry handle sight can be replaced with included flip-up sights for a lower profile or when using mounted optics. Picatinny rails are also located on either side of the forend to accommodate accessories.
The 12-gauge models feature an 18-inch barrel with removable chokes, including an extended Cylinder-bore choke brake that helps tame recoil with heavy shot or slugs. Also included are Full and Improved Cylinder flush-mount chokes, with additional options available from HatsanUSA.
Each gun ships with two five-round magazines, and an optional two-round magazine is also available. The gun is chambered to accept both 2¾- and 3-inch shells and will cycle them interchangeably with no external adjustments required by the shooter.
The .410 models feature a 20-inch barrel with integrated choke suitable for both shot and slugs. Also shipping with two five-round magazines, the optional low-capacity mag holds three shells. The gas piston operates in the same manner, cycling both standard and magnum loads.
The barrels are proof tested at the factory, and the hard-chrome and/or Cerakote coatings are built to withstand the harshest conditions. HatsanUSA offers a five-year limited warranty with all Escort firearms.
- Modern Sporting bullpup gas-operated semi-automatic shotgun
- 12 gauge or .410 bore, 3-inch chamber
- Self-regulating gas piston cycles both 2¾-inch and 3-inch shells
- Detachable box magazines
- 18-inch or 20-inch barrel for shot or slugs
- 12-gauge model features interchangeable choke tubes (F, IC, Cyl w/Brake)
- Oxidation-proof chrome-plated steel barrel
- Reversible cocking handle for ambidextrous operation
- Shell deflector diverts spent shells downward
- Integrated buttstock with elevation-adjustable cheekrest and soft-rubber buttpad
- Soft-rubber pistol grip
- Alloy upper receiver and synthetic lower receiver
- Picatinny rail integrated into upper receiver and hand guard
- Synthetic ThermoDefend hand guard with forend grip
- Manual safety selector switch
- Adjustable front and rear sights
- Detachable carry handle front and rear sights
- Optional flip-up front and rear sights included
- Mounted sling loops
- Matte black or FDE Cerakote finish
- MSRP: $589.99 – Black / $679.99 – FDE
- 12-gauge gas-operated, semi-automatic shotgun
- 18-inch hard chrome plated barrel with removable chokes
- 28.7-inch overall length
- 8.1 lbs.
- 2x 5-rd magazines included
- F, IC, and CYL (brake) chokes included
- 410-bore gas-operated, semi-automatic shotgun
- 20-inch hard chrome plated fixed cylinder barrel
- 30.7-inch overall length
- 6.7 lbs.
- 2x 5-rd magazines included