As Browning’s Aaron Cummins notes in the video below, some shooters buy their extremely popular X-Bolt rifles and set a gunsmith to work on them, upgrading the guns beyond the standard factory features. The idea behind their new X-Bolt Pro Long Range was to give shooters who want something more an upgraded rifle right out of the box, no gunsmithing required.
Here’s their press release:
The new Browning X-Bolt Pro Long Range rifle is built to offer hunters top accuracy at extended ranges. This bolt-action rifle features the exclusive Second Generation carbon fiber stock that has been designed for unmatched rigidity and all-weather stability, while reducing overall weight. Textured gripping surfaces and a right-hand palm swell aid in control and a Cerakote Burnt Bronze Finish is applied to the stock for added protection.
Combining pinpoint accuracy with mountain-friendly weight savings, the barrel is a heavy sporter contour in 26″ length. A proprietary lapping process enhances the bore finish for improved accuracy straight from the box. The barrel is free-floated and hand chambered. A recoil-reducing threaded muzzle brake is attached with 5/8″-24 TPI suppressor threads, and a thread protector is included for when the muzzle brake is not required. The target crown protects the rifling to preserve accuracy.
The X-Bolt Pro Long Range Rifle is available in eight popular calibers, including 6.5 Creedmoor, and has an MSRP of $2,099.99 – $2,179.99 depending on caliber.
• Second Generation Carbon Fiber Stock with Cerakote Burnt Bronze Finish
• Stainless Steel Action and Spiral Fluted Bolt Body and Handle with Cerakote Burnt Bronze Finish
• Free-floating, Fluted, Heavy Sporter Contour Stainless Steel Barrel with Cerakote Burnt Bronze Finish
• Threaded Muzzle Brake with Thread Protector
• Proprietary Lapping Process Enhances Bore Finish
• Drilled and tapped for X-Lock Scope Mounts
• 60° Bolt Lift
• Detachable Rotary Magazine
• Adjustable Feather Trigger
• Inflex Recoil Pad