The “Powered By Silencer Shop 41F Guarantee” promises correct silencer application processing before new law takes effect – or they’ll give you $100. Beginning July 13, 2016, the new 41F regulation will require silencer transfer applications to include FBI fingerprints, passport photos and much more . . .
There’s been a lot of noise about the changes coming to the silencer industry because the new 41F regulation. But Silencer Shop has your back with its “Powered By Silencer Shop 41F Guarantee”. It promises your Powered By Silencer Shop Form 4 using a Trust or Corporation will be processed under current regulations or they will give you $100.
Here’s how it works:
- Purchase an in-stock silencer and tax stamp between May 1st and July 6th
- All transfer information must be submitted to Silencer Shop by July 8th – including requested corrections or additional information
- Other restrictions may apply, visit SilencerShop.com for details
- Silencer Shop guarantees that transfers meeting these requirements will be submitted under the existing rules – or they’ll give you $100
The facts about the new 41F regulation:
- 41F is set to be implemented July 13, 2016.
- All applications ‘Postmarked’ (submitted) before then WILL NOT be affected by the rule change as it will not be retroactive.
- 41F will require the applicant(s) to attach to the application: A completed ATF Form 5320.23 for each responsible person. Form 5320.23 would require certain identifying information for each responsible person, including each responsible person’s full name, position, Social Security number (optional), home address, date and place of birth, and country of citizenship;
- 2 x 2-inch passport style photographs of each responsible person taken within 1 year prior to the date of the application;
- Two properly completed FBI Forms FD-258 (Fingerprint Card) for each responsible person.
- You and any Co-Trustees on the Trust will be required when submitting a tax stamp application to notify the CLEO, but WILL NOT require their “approval”. (“requires that a copy of all applications to make or transfer a firearm, and the specified form for responsible persons, as applicable, be forwarded to the chief law enforcement officer (CLEO) of the locality in which the applicant/transferee or responsible person is located; and eliminates the requirement for a certification signed by the CLEO”)
- Beneficiaries WILL NOT be considered responsible persons. •That means beneficiaries will not have to do anything when a Form 4 is submitted. •You DO NOT need to notify the ATF when you are adding a Co-Trustee to the Trust.
Get the peace of mind to know you’re application is done before 41F and done correctly! For more information about the “Powered By Silencer Shop 41F Guarantee”, visit silencershop.com or call their headquarters at (512) 931-4556.