Mr. Val Forgett, III., President of Navy Arms, has partnered with Winchester and Turnbull Restorations to produce a beautiful modern reproduction of the 1873 rifle. At last year’s SHOT Show, Winchester showcased its modern limited-edition reproduction of the 1873, but both the monotone gray and black colors of the basic Winchester case-hardened version and utilitarian wood left me a bit cold. Fortunately, Navy Arms is basically taking the stock Winchester version and upgrading it, and the results are stunning to say the least . . .
The case colors on the Navy Arms version of these Winchester (Miroku) rifles are absolutely gorgeous. Unfortunately, the lights at SHOT Show made it difficult to truly capture the vibrant colors on film, and my photos don’t do the rifles justice.
The Navy Arms version of the Winchester 1873 feature the following upgrades:
- Available calibers include 45 LC and 357.
- Turnbull color case hardened receiver and furniture.
- Full octagonal barrel, 20″ and 24 1/4″.
- Marbles semi-buckhorn rear and gold-bead front sight.
- Deluxe American Walnut stock with full checkering and “Winchester Red” finish.
- Model 71 checkered steel butt-plate for fast mounting.
- Winchester short-stroke kit, pre-installed
TTAG will attempt to secure a review sample later this summer.
Retail price is right around $2500.