There’s a new firearms blog in town: widdiful.com. Strap line: “Ramblings of a hanged man.” Shades of High Plains Drifter. Anyway, here’s Walter’s proposal for a gun owner’s Code of Conduct. Your thoughts?
1. I will never THREATEN to use my firearm.
2. I will never use my firearm while not in emotional control of myself.
3. I will comply with all regulations regarding my firearm no matter how strongly I disagree with them.
4. I will never allow another to come to harm, serious injury or death by my inaction regardless of the law.
5. I will never start a fight (verbal or physical) while armed no matter how right I may be.
6. If I realize I have started a fight I will retreat and do my best to prevent it from escalating, even if it involves losing face.
7. I will not allow my firearms to fall into the hands of those who are restricted or otherwise unqualified to own/use/posses them.
8. I will always obey the rules of gun safety:
- All guns are always loaded.
- Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
- Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
- Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.
– Jeff Cooper
9. I will, without resentment or disrespect, upon verbal request from an individual of authority (owner/manager/security/etc) in a particular location either:
- Not bring my firearm to/into that location
- Not frequent that location when armed
- Stop coming to that location altogether
10. I will still defend from significant harm, serious injury or death those who disagree with my choice to own/carry firearms.