“Police say a woman reported getting in to her car here along Blue Ridge Avenue when Fontana tapped on the window with his gun and attempted to carjack her,” 11alive.com reports. “Once he got inside, he was struggling to drive her car with a manual transmission and placed the gun in his lap. The woman says she picked up the gun and tried to get out of the vehicle. He pulled her back and bit her twice leaving visible marks. at that point she pulled the trigger and shot him . . . ‘here was a man in the middle of the street and they were running to him and wrestling him, trying to get him under control,’ said neighbor Shawn Pagliarini. “He was screaming, ‘I’m already hurt don’t make it any worse.’ Result! Or is it? TTAG reader BS isn’t entirely convinced . . .
Cue the antis’ hand-wringing about:
1) With universal background checks he wouldn’t have had the gun
2) She had no business handling the gun without either extensive training, or a police or military background
3) He was such a nice boy and didn’t deserve to be shot – Life is more important than property
4) It’s her own fault for being in a bad neighborhood and setting herself up for trouble – She was asking for it
5) Gun violence is all the fault of the NRA and their Stand Your Ground and (in Georgia) Guns Everywhere laws.
6) Let’s lobby the city to post Guns Prohibited signs so this won’t happen again.
His name will quickly be added to the list of Gun Violence Victims.