Lots of us have wondered for years when Crimson Trace, which is owned by American Outdoor Brands, would take the leap beyond lasers and lights. Wonder no more.
Here’s a press release courtesy Ammoland:
Wilsonville, OR – America’s Top Brand of laser sights, Crimson Trace, today introduced a new line red dot sights for pistols and long guns.
These five new products are designed to meet the needs of 3-gun competitors, home defenders, hunters, and recreational firearms enthusiasts. They include several fields of view and reticle choices, and they utilize existing industry standards and installation features that ensure after-market compatibility with a vast range of firearms and mounting systems. Availability of all five new red dot sights is slated for November 2018.
“This new line of red dot sights offers consumers high-quality optics products from a name they trust,” said Lane Tobiassen, President of Crimson Trace and American Outdoor Brands Corporation’s Electro-Optics Division.
“We are very excited to introduce this new product line which has been carefully engineered and designed to meet the needs of consumers seeking quality and performance.”
The new Crimson Trace red dot sights are:
- *CTS-1000—a closed red dot sight with a 2 MOA aiming reticle. This sight is designed for use on a rifle and offers adjustable brightness settings, utilizes fully multi-coated lenses with an advanced notch filter to maximum clarity and it has a sturdy aluminum chassis. This sight is easy to adjust for windage and elevation, can also be adjusted for intensity, has a quick-release mount, is waterproof, and the sight will provide years of uninterrupted service with the provided battery.
- *CTS-1100—a 3.5X battlesight with a custom and fully-illuminated Crimson Trace advanced hybrid BDC reticle. This sight is designed primarily for use on a long gun and features a wide field of view. The CTS-1100 is easy to install with an M1913 mount, is waterproof, and provides long-term operation on the provided CR2032 battery.
- *CTS-1200—a red dot reflex sight that is compact, utilizes a 3.25 MOA aiming reticle and is designed for mounting on a pistol. Users can easily change the battery via a unique side-opening access slot without removing the sight from the firearm. Easy-to-reach controls help with adjusting the sight intensity and settings for light conditions and user preferences.
- *CTS-1300—a compact open red dot sight providing 3.5 MOA aiming reticle. This sight is designed for use on a long gun and delivers a wide field of view, provides easy windage and elevation adjustments and is water resistant. It features fully multi-coated optics and an advanced notch filter to improve clarity. The sight also has a removable Picatinny rail mounting system so it can be adapted to other mounting systems.
- *CTS-1400 is an open red dot sight with 3.25 MOA aiming reticle and a large field of view. The sight is designed for use on long guns and incorporates an advanced motion detection system to note inactivity resulting in auto-shut-off to save battery life.
These new Crimson Trace red dot sights are night vision compatible, provide excellent light transmission, and are waterproof. MSRPs begin at $199. Users will find the complete sight line offers many advantages, including: helping to rapidly acquire close-range targets when aiming; secured in a machined aluminum housing; utilizes clear-coated optics to provide a vivid edge-to-edge view; are shock-resistant, dust-proof, and fog-proof. All sights permit the user to adjust brightness levels to meet individual preferences and changing light conditions. Each open red dot sight comes equipped with a cover to protect the sight and keep it clean. All of the new innovative red dot sights are packed with features and user-benefits that firearms owners will appreciate, and a high level of quality that fans have come to expect from Crimson Trace. All Crimson Trace red dot sights are covered under the company’s Free Batteries for Life program.
Full details on these new sights, and the 350-plus laser sights the company manufactures, can be reviewed at www.crimsontrace.com. Crimson Trace strives to meet consumer demands for innovative laser sights, lights and optics. The US-based company has equipped America’s gun owners, law enforcement officers, and military units around the globe with the largest selection of award-winning products. Full details are at www.crimsontrace.com or are available by calling 800-442-2406.
About Crimson Trace Corporation
Based in Oregon, Crimson Trace Corporation offers laser sights, tactical lights, red dot sights, and riflescopes focused on the tactical, long range, hunting, and self-defense customer. The company’s riflescopes and red dot sights are engineered to meet the needs of professional users and recreational firearms and outdoor enthusiasts and incorporate numerous performance features including proprietary illuminated reticle designs. The company’s industry leading laser sight innovations include: Lasergrips® laser sights, Laserguard® laser sights, LiNQ® wireless operated laser and light systems, and Lightguard® lights for firearms, each with Instinctive Activation™ firearm laser activation technology. Additional product lines include tactical lights and Defender Series™ and Rail Master® firearms accessories. Full details are available at www.crimsontrace.com or by calling 800-442-2406.