Matador Arms’ New Mag-X P320 Adapter for Pistol Caliber Carbines

Matador arms Mag-X P320 pistol caliber carbine

Courtesy Matador Arms

Let’s say you carry a SIG P320. Let’s also say you have an AR-15 pattern pistol caliber carbine. Wouldn’t it be convenient to be able to use your P320 magazines in your PCC? It would certainly simplify your gear choices, letting you stock and carry one less style of magazine.

Matador Arms, located in the great white north that is Calgary, Alberta, just announced their new Mag-X adapter that lets you run your P320 magazines in a standard AR lower. No further mods required.

It has its own paddle magazine release to change P320 mags, or drop the whole thing with your AR’s mag catch.

Matador tells us that they’re working on Mag-X adapters for other pistol magazines, too. In the mean time, here’s their press release . . .

(Canada/April 3, 2019)…The Mag-X allows the use of Sig-P320 pistol magazines in any AR-15 milspec lower receiver. No modifications are required to the lower or the magazine, and the Mag-X installs in seconds, enabling the use of Sig-P320 magazines. The Mag-X has a built-in magazine release and locks into place with the standard AR-15 catch. It is manufactured from aircraft-grade aluminum and has an anodized finish. The ejector and magazine catch are both steel.

Matador arms Mag-X P320 pistol caliber carbine

Courtesy Matador Arms

The Mag-X is available for sale in both the United States and Canada. Made in Canada, the Mag-X ships to USA customers direct from Matador’s USA warehouse. MSRP is $149.99 USD, with special introductory pricing available for those who want to jump on this.

Matador arms Mag-X P320 pistol caliber carbine

Courtesy Matador Arms

For more information on the Mag-X, P320, visit www.matadorarms.com or email [email protected].

Matador arms Mag-X P320 pistol caliber carbine

Courtesy Matador Arms

Matador Arms is a Canadian company known for bringing quality firearms accessories to the North American market through its focus on Quality, Price and Function.

comments

1. avatar Geoff "I'm getting too old for this shit" PR says:

“MSRP is $149.99 USD,…”

That’s a *lot* of money for something that simple…

1. avatar Jeff O. says:

That’s economy of scale for you.

2. avatar Lost Down South says:

You could buy 5 Mean Arms Endo9 mag inserts for that same $150.

They work great.

3. avatar Andrew Lias says:

That’s actually average to cheap for a mag block. Go price a Hahn out. People will gladly pay more.

2. avatar possum, destroyer of arachnids says:

I like sticking different things in my gunm hole.

3. avatar Shire-man says:

That’s neat the way it has it’s own paddle release.
    I’ve been wanting to build an AR9 for a couple of years now but always get hung up on the price of these blocks. Hahn for $250, KAK for $99, Macon for $150, this one for $150 and many, many others or a dedicated 9mm lower from anywhere between $100-$300.

I go back and forth trying to make a decision then just spend the money on more 5.56 ammo.

1. avatar Andrew Lias says:

EP Armory has 80% Glock Mag lowers on sale for about 25 bucks right now. Just got 2.

2. avatar Eric in Oregon says:

If you’re already running a Glock or Ruger (or 320 in this case) pistol and so have a bunch of the mags and ammo it’s a relatively painless way to give a PCC a try. All in if you wait for sales you can build a PCC upper for probably $250 all in, even with this adapter.

4. avatar Biatec says:

I don’t really get pistol caliber carbines. Why wouldn’t you make a super compact an tiny 5.56 it will penetrate soft body armor. pistol caliber carbines are outdated.

1. avatar Widdler says:

I asked that same question, answers I got were:
      1, less recoil
      2, same ammo
      3, cheaper to feed
      I’ve watched them at the range have at it, and it makes a lot of sense. As for me, the only PCC I own is a lever action. Works just fine for my needs.

1. avatar Rad Man says:

I’m waiting on Henry’s side loading .44 mag.

1. avatar Widdler says:

You and me both buddy, that line is getting longer by the minute. I want a .357 to match my GP.

2. avatar Andrew Lias says:

Oddly I don’t think my 9mm and my 5.56 gun have virtually any recoil difference tbh. Maybe when I was running a lighter buffer the 9mm gun was worse, but it’s not really significant. I’m also running an 18″ barrel with rifle length gas on my 5.56 gun.

1. avatar Widdler says:

I hear ya, recoil’s not a big deal for me either. I shoot 5.56-7.62 all day long, but recently learned that the section of range I like to use is called “the old guy” side.

2. avatar Mike H in WA says:

What Widdler said, but also there is less of a need for a suppressor.

5.56mm out of a 10.5″ barrel is going to give you a *lot* of concussion and muzzle flash. Shorter barrels are worse, plus add in reliability issues as well a severely diminish the effectiveness of 5.56mm. Adding a suppressor will mitigate that… but the trade off is anywhere from $600-$1,100 + $200 tax stamp + 9+ months of waiting, plus additional length and weight at the end of the barrel– anywhere from 5″ to 8″ or more.

You can pick up a decent 9mm upper for under $500. Add $150 for this adapter, and you have a handier package for less money and no waiting time that will still get the job done in a home defense scenarios.

3. avatar Paul says:

Well, for one reason … You can’t shoot a 5.56 in a USPSA -PCC match … so there is that. Plus I can shoot my IWI X95, 9mm a whole lot cheaper than any center fire rifle.

5. avatar jarret says:

Why shoot pcc when you can shoot actual rifle rounds for the same price?

1. avatar Eric in Oregon says:

Because you can’t, obviously.

1. avatar jarret says:

Cant state on home brews as I dont reload rifle ammunition and was not referring to that. My statement was for purchased, loaded ammunition.

Response to ‘Eric in Oregon’ with no facts to back it up….par here.

Cough…cough…multiple internet retailers have steel cased 223 and 7.62×39 for 18 cents a round. And 9mm is hovering right around that. So, yeah.

Facts > your bs, made up, moronic statement.

You are quite welcome for the stinking pile of poopy I just shoved in your face.

1. avatar Eric in Oregon says:

k

2. avatar Someone says:

My 9mm rounds reloaded with cast lead and powder coated bullet cost me around 5-7 cents a piece. Which real rifle round can I get for the same price?

3. avatar Andrew Lias says:

I’m under $3/box for home brewed 9mm. Although an exceptional case, you can find 9mm for under 10 bucks a box these days and that’s locally. Not so easy in 5.56 although there’s some damn cheap Tula bulk available on Ammoseek. I can’t believe it’s nearly .17/rd.

There are other advantages too, such as you can use it close when shooting at steel, not all ranges allow rifle use, matching ammo to your handgun, lower blast/noise compared to 5.56, they work better with a can (just throw some 147s in and go)

Lastly, you can always pop the block out, pop another upper on and bam you’ve got a 5.56, 300BO, 450 Bushmaster or whatever you want rifle.

6. avatar cheese4432 says:

I hope they make a VP9/P30 version. First company that makes a way for me use those mags in a PCC gets my money.

7. avatar Manse Jolly says:

Ruger PCC ….takes Glock mags..

just sayin’

1. avatar enuf says:

Yup, just my thoughts on it too. An AR done in a pistol caliber just feels like a lot of wasted rifle action to me. But a carbine built around and sized for a pistol cartridge, that’s much more efficient. Cheaper too.

1. avatar Widdler says:

Agreed, i’ve only sampled high points. Even they felt like a lot of weight for a small pop, if I’m gonna lug an AR around I’d rather have it in rifle.

2. avatar Manse Jolly says:

Several have bought components from these guys for use in the Carbine Matches our range hosts.

8. avatar Ops says:

I smell copyright infringement. stern defense

1. avatar Eric in Oregon says:

Could happen, I thought the pic was of a stern unit at first. The biggest thing different is the mag release; otherwise this just seems to have a couple fewer features for the same price.

9. avatar Snake Plisskin says:

This seems like an answer to a question that nobody asked.

10. avatar Paul says:

As the owner of three Sig 320s (and about two dozen mags) and a TAVOR X95, 9mm that uses AR style mags … this sounds like it was made for me. But a little pricey …I can buy six 32 rd Stoner mags for $150.00.