The Spartan ‘Monday Carry’: Everyday Carry Pocket Dump of the Day

Mioduszewski from Erie, Pennsylvania sends his “Monday Drop” via Everyday Carry.

He describes this as his “Carrying light on Monday.”

Indeed.  No watch, wallet, phone, flashlight or reload.  Eh, money is over-rated.  Maybe he’s married with a couple of babies.  Hence, no money.

He carries a S&W M&P pistol with an RMR in a Galco rig.  Hopefully his RMR doesn’t fail because there’s no back-up irons in this set up.

It looks almost like he has a training insert in the chamber of that pistol.  That or he has done some sort of Cerokote or Duracote.

The high end (at least to me) Microtec SOCOM folder looks like a nice tool to poke a bad boy or girl.

And the Fortius Arms “Keybiner.”

comments

1. avatar Gadsden Flag says:

Another example of someone taking an already unattractive handgun and making it uglier.

2. avatar Conelrad says:

It would be more spartan if the gun was bronze coated. The holster too. And the knife could be bronze as well.

3. avatar guest says:

Wrong rmr for a self defense pistol.

1. avatar Specialist38 says:

Explain please.

1. avatar guest says:

The dot gets washed out easily when looking into bright light and disappears.

1. avatar Specialist38 says:

Thanks…..I’m not an RMR guy.

2. avatar Geoff "I'm getting too old for this shit" PR says:

‘guest’, next time, *please* include your explanation as to -why- it was the wrong sight, instead of just saying it was wrong and leaving it at that.

You’ll get a positive reception in TTAG if you contribute to the discussion instead of just dropping a turd like “Wrong rmr for a self defense pistol.”, without explaining *why* it was the wrong one…

2. avatar pwrserge says:

Dual illumination RMRs are perfect for self-defense. They just don’t fail.

1. avatar NM says:

Depends on your definition … I consider having the dot wash out easily in bright light a fail, personally.

3. avatar Vic Nighthorse says:

That all depends on how much it helps his shooting under more common circumstances. He may calculate that his overall chances are made better by sacrificing bright light aiming to get significantly better aiming under more common lighting conditions. I find that at the most common gun fight distances I can get away with point shooting if necessary – maybe he can too. Maybe he can hardly even use iron sights or maybe he only goes out at night. You don’t know this guy or his circumstances. Context is important.

1. avatar guest says:

The context is important, but having a sight that doesn’t work in some situations isn’t a valid trade off in my opinion.

4. avatar jwm says:

That knife looks like it costs as much as the pistol. I lose the knives to often to put that much money into them. Not so much since I retired. But still. Kershaw and victorinox are good enough for my needs. Throw in a Mora companion for the boonies and I’m good to go.

1. avatar possum, destroyer of arachnids says:

I worked in a meat packing plant. 250—300 head an hour , Forshner Victornox were the knives to have.

1. avatar B.D. says:

still do use them.

5. avatar Mack The Knife says:

Use the top of the RMR as a back up sight dummy. Customize it if you like by putting a dot on it.

6. avatar Specialist38 says:

I know self defense pistols dont need to pretty….
    But this gun looks like it was shot at and missed and shit at and hit.

1. avatar possum, destroyer of arachnids says:

Made me laugh

7. avatar possum, destroyer of arachnids says:

I like it, except the gunm and holdster are plastic

8. avatar NM says:

Two things: that barrel is TiN coated and there do appear to be backup irons there – I think the angle just makes them look short.

9. avatar RealWarriorsWearJewelry says:

Come home with your bracelet, or on it?