US Army CSM John’s Summer Carry: Everyday Carry Pocket Dump of the Day

US Army Command Sergeant Major John (retired) sends this “Summer Carry” from Everyday Carry.

Just grabbing the photo, the first thing I thought was this guy is far too organized.  But then again, attaining a CSM rating in the US Army’s enlisted ranks makes him pretty squared away.  My life runs far more chaotic, but just the orderly nature of John’s stuff on display makes me ill with envy.  Maybe that’s what retired life is like.

He says it’s “just the essentials” and he’s right.  SIG P365 9mm pistol (great choice!) and a spare mag loaded with hollow points.  But his essentials are all pretty nice, with the exception of the $10 Made in China flashlight.  I think I bought the same model years ago and was disappointed with it.  Someone should send him the Olight mini-baton!

Meanwhile, he has the Tumi bifold Wallet, the Bulova Lunar Pilot Watch, the Kershaw Skyline blade.  Nice, nice and nice.

I bet he only carries a couple of keys on his keyring, too.

comments

1. avatar Happily Irrelevant says:

Basic, sensible, not overly flashy, effective. Drop the watch and this is very similar to my EDC. Good stuff CSM.

2. avatar Thixotropic says:

Surefire.

Streamlight has a few GOOD weaponlights and some handhelds, BUT Streamlight IS the standard of excellence.

Accept NO substitute with YOUR life in the balance.

I’ll take MY G43, as well.

1. avatar guest says:

The standard would be surefire.

3. avatar Viejo Torro says:

Interesting. When I served any firearm needed to be in married quarters or unit arms room I wonder if he is retired .

1. avatar Happily Irrelevant says:

The article says he is retired.

2. avatar B.D. says:

e4 and below detected.

1. avatar Happily Irrelevant says:

When I was on active duty this applied to everyone except officers in officer’s quarters. Senior enlisted I’m not sure about considering I’ve never seen E-7 and above live in the barracks. This of course isn’t to say that some regardless of rank had firearms in the barracks, but it doesn’t mean it was allowed per regs. As stated arms room for barracks living or base or off post housing for firearms possession. At least for the Army anyway.

4. avatar Ben says:

He should just preemptively surrender his gear incase his state passes red flag confiscation orders. Better safe than sorry ammiright, John? Pffff

1. avatar GridSquare says:

John “mr and mrs America, turn em all in!” Boch recommends a white flag should be carried along with your gun, to make it easier to surrender it Incase of confrontation.

5. avatar Hannibal says:

The more keys someone carries on a keyring, the less important they are.

1. avatar Justsomeguy says:

I’ve been told the opposite while I was carrying a big wad of keys. I always thought that it meant I was going to be the schmuck they called when something didn’t go right and they needed access to something. So yeah, high enough to be trusted, but low enough to be bothered at all hours.

1. avatar Hannibal says:

Perhaps “important” is the wrong word for me to use there. After all, janitors (who have all the keys) are plenty important.

But the higher up a hierarchy you go, the less keys you need. That’s what you pay janitors for, right? Plus, electronic door locks and such.

2. avatar jwtaylor says:

You dont need keys when your driver/pilot drives. You don’t need a house key when your butler opens the door for you.
        Only the peasants need to lock things.

1. avatar possum, destroyer of arachnids says:

Some have so little they don’t need locks.

6. avatar PWinKY says:

With all this organization, you would think he would have a holster or two for his carry piece. Include those holsters so we can all learn!!

Other than that I’m a big fan of simple set-ups. This is solid.

7. avatar strych9 says:

Nicely done.

Also, happy Easter everyone.

1. avatar Happily Irrelevant says:

Something I honestly did not expect to see someone say on here.

and
      Happy Easter

1. avatar enuf says:

Easter? Bloody ‘ell! Why wasn’t I told? Easter comes around and nobody thinks to let me in on it? So I’ve nised the whole goddam thing!

You’d think somebody woulda’ said something….

Maybe if I hit the supermarket early on the way to work I can buy me some half price chocolate bunnies and those Cadbury Creme Eggs or mebbe’ some Peeps…..

1. avatar Happily Irrelevant says:

This I would expect.

2. avatar strych9 says:

Peeps you can get year-round at Dollar General and similar stores.

Damned things would survive a nuclear war. I always wonder why they never made the Fallout series, I mean, aside from all that copyright stuff.

But seriously, Bethesda could get around that the way Ubisoft does, with advertising contracts. Like the later updates for the first game The Division 2 has Sig, 5.11 and some other brand name stuff in it. So did Ghost Recon: Wildlands

2. avatar possum, destroyer of arachnids says:

And you

8. avatar Kman says:

One of the more realistic and functional dumps I’ve seen here.
    My compliments Sergeant Major.

9. avatar SoCalJack says:

Maybe if he had a bigger tray, he’d show the holster, mag carrier, keys and sunglasses? You can’t go wrong with the flashlight tail switch; easy to use under any circumstance.

1. avatar B.D. says:

I always enjoy these dumps more with holsters, and keyrings. You can keep the glasses out of it though, we all know they are Oakley SI 😉

10. avatar Joe in San Antonio says:

Good layout, Happy Easter all.

11. avatar WI Patriot says:

Now, I would believe that this belongs to a CSM, and I’d be willing to bet that this is the way it looks at the end of every day…

12. avatar Mike W. says:

Attainment of CSM is NOT just based on being squared away……like a general they ARE political beasts.
    Glad to see [ I guess ] that with ALL his military experience he see’s the need for self defense with firearms.

13. avatar possum, destroyer of arachnids says:

Sargent’s Major dump, *DAMN*,,even that’s orderly, I’m jealous.

14. avatar B.D. says:

Stay off this guy’s grass.