Mr. Human Resources Goes Off To Work: Everyday Carry Pocket Dump of the Day

Mark, our Human Resources guru, submits this “Off to Work” EDC from Everyday Carry.

In it, Mark has a GLOCK 19 (carried on an empty chamber, apparently) in a Bravo Concealment holster.  Bravo Concealment sent me a holster to do a review on shortly before my life turned upside down last summer.  I liked it so much I’ve worn it for most of the last seven or eight months, which should speak volumes for its comfort, utility and durability.  Look for that review later this month.

We also see that Mark’s got an automatic knife in that Gerber 06 Auto. So long as it doesn’t deploy unintentionally in one’s pocket, they make for great self-defense tools. Because deploying a folder while under attack can prove difficult even for skilled knife-fighters, much less average people.

On the other hand, an unintentional deployment can pose another kind of challenge. Me, I gave up on the automatic knife after cutting three fingers deeply while reaching into my pocket for my keys one day. At first I thought my German Shepherd was bleeding as I petted him, then I saw it was me bleeding.  Sharp knives don’t always leave painful cuts!  Lesson learned.

Most folks don’t carry a challenge coin or a little pry tool, but depending on where one travels, both might come in handy.

Check it all out over at Everyday Carry.

comments

1. avatar strych9 says:

That little pry tool is pretty neat.

The knife is nice but I’m not really a fan of auto-flipper knives. If you’re gonna go auto then OTF is the bee’s knees IMHO. To each their own on that topic though.

One does have to wonder what drives someone to acquire a Glock pen to tote along with their G19 though.

1. avatar The Dude Abides says:

Could be a certified armorer or got it at an event. I still use mine, free is free.

Also just noticed the empty chamber comment is because the trigger is back, same comment from a post a few days ago. Lightbulb moment.

2. avatar Jon in CO says:

I wear a Glock hat everywhere and carry a Glock everywhere as well. I’m a fanboi, what can I say?

1. avatar strych9 says:

Nothing wrong with that. You admit it. Let your freak flag fly. Say it loud, say it proud and all that.

Personally I get the hat. The pen… I haven’t tried one but I automatically assume that they’re like a hotel room pen and I am definitely a writing utensil snob.

1. avatar The Dude Abides says:

They’re actually not terrible. Smooth, and a good amount of girth to fill the hand.

2. avatar Victoria Illinois says:

Lucky you can wear that hat. We can’t do that here. A friend was sworn at (F**k Trump) while wearing a red hat, in Home Depot. It was a Cardinal’s hat. Their hate know no bounds.

3. avatar Geoff PR says:

“If you’re gonna go auto then OTF is the bee’s knees IMHO.”

OTF?

1. avatar strych9 says:

Out The Front. Like a Benchmade Infidel or a Microtech Ultratech.

2. avatar Larry says:

If you don’t carry your challenge coin , you’ll be buying a lot of drinks !
    I have an Atwood pry tool on my key ring ,handy for opening beers ,turning a screw and saving your knife tips .

1. avatar ai338 says:

Only if you’re a pog.

1. avatar strych9 says:

Or you don’t drink.

2. avatar Jon says:

That made me LOL.

3. avatar Geoff PR says:

If you’re an HR drone that has terminating employees in your job description, carrying seems damn prudent, in my book…

1. avatar strych9 says:

Especially if you work for a valve manufacturing company in Illinois.

4. avatar Kevin says:

Glock pen is a promo item usually available from Glock’s website.

Gun probably not chambered for the pic. That’s how I usually do them.

Looks like a Gen 3 G19. Same as me as well as the knife.

I alternate between my AGH ShapeShift and Bravo Concealment holsters.

5. avatar Skypilot says:

How do you know it is carried on a emptied chamber?

1. avatar W says:

The trigger is in its rearward position, indicating that the firearm is not cocked. With a Glock, uncocked means that the chamber does not contain a live round.

1. avatar Skypilot says:

Thanks for the explanation.

2. avatar strych9 says:

Which doesn’t really mean he that’s the way he chooses to carry the gun. It means that’s how he decided to pose it for this picture.

6. avatar Geoff PR says:

And so it begins in New Zealand :

“22-Year-Old New Zealand Man To Appear In Court For Sharing Mosque Attack Video”

“A 22-year-old man will appear in a New Zealand court today following a Friday arrest for allegedly distributing the live stream of the Christchurch mosque shootings, reports RNZ.”

7. avatar possum says:

Does an automatic knife automatically cut off the heads of the infidels? That would be nice because hacking away with a dull corn knife makes my wrist hurt.

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

“Does an automatic knife automatically cut off the heads of the infidels?”

Make *very* sure of your knife laws if you carry a ‘switcher.

Here in Flori-Duh, if you carry one, you better have your carry permit…

8. avatar Ben says:

Auto knives are fine if you are able to carry it with the blade toward the seam of your pants. That way it can’t open until cleared.

9. avatar Greg says:

My wife used to work human resources, HR needs to carry.