[VIDEO] Remember, Guns Are Not the Answer

Guns are not the answer #gunsarenottheanswer

courtesy GANTA Lab and YouTube

We’re constantly told by all the smartest people (see here, here, here and here, for instance) that guns are not the answer. But that probably depends on the question.

(Video possibly NSFW)

If the question is how an individual can defend herself or her family against an attacker who would do her or them grievous bodily harm or worse, then yes, guns are definitely the answer. Even against zombies, maniacal clowns or insane hoteliers with mommy complexes.

That’s why firearms are used to defend innocent life over a million times a year in the US. They even the odds between a bigger attacker who may be armed and a smaller, weaker, or slower defender.

Civilian-owned firearms have increased by over 50% (probably far more) in the last generation at the same time that the crime rate has plummeted.

Not that it matters, of course. Such inconvenient facts won’t stop all of those oh-so-intelligent, terribly knowledgeable, highly credentialed people — most of whom have never fired a gun themselves — from informing their inferiors that #GunsAreNotTheAnswer. Same as it ever was.

comments

1. avatar Kenneth says:

You call “Vogue” and “USA Today” the “smartest people” around? Wow! It’d be interesting to know just who you consider to be stupid.
    Since IMO vogue and usatoday are about as intelligent as a tree frog, we’re now down into single celled bacteria territory. But wait! Even bacteria defend their own existence, which makes even them more intelligent than usatoday. Perhaps a blade of grass, or a stone might be more in their vicinity?

1. I’ve long since given up identifying sarcasm in our posts. Please tell me I don’t have to think about doing it again.

1. avatar Kenneth says:

/sarc off/… now
        Does that help?

2. avatar Victoria Illinois says:

I got it. (Sometimes I put “sarc” in my post, just in case there’s a low information voter here.)

3. avatar Kenneth says:

Guess I’ll have to start doing that also. I thought the “stupider than bacteria” part was pretty obvious, but I guess not.

1. avatar possum says:

Fooled me, So that was sarcasm? I took it as gospel.

4. avatar JR Pollock says:

I thought that italicizing the word “all” was more than sufficient to identify the statement as sarcasm.

5. avatar Geoff says:

Even Dr. Sheldon Cooper learned to recognize sarcasm. It’s not that hard.

2. avatar Phil in TX says:

Even I could see the sarcasm dripping from this article.

Phil in TX

3. avatar Grant. says:

Funny. I heard from Usatoday that tree frogs are actually more intelligent than humans! Who knew?!

2. avatar Gov. William J Le Petomane says:

The answer is 42.

1. I would have guesse more, but OK.

1. avatar Gov. William J Le Petomane says:

The earth is actually a giant supercomputer designed by pan-dementional beings for the expressed purpose of finding out what the question was.

1. avatar SAFEupstateFML says:

Huh well so long and thanks for all the fish

2. avatar strych9 says:

Breakfast is on me. At the Restaurant and the End of the Universe.

3. avatar Gov. William J Le Petomane says:

I’m thinking of having a pan-galactic gargle blaster tonight.

Maye listening to some Vogon poetry.

4. avatar strych9 says:

Dan now probably thinks we’ve all gone crazy or started sniffing glue with Ralph.

Whatever, I’ll bring my robot. He’s a bit of a constant downer though so you might want to bring your Point-of-View gun Gov.

5. avatar Gov. William J Le Petomane says:

Funny thing is it’s been 30+ years since I read those books. Of course the movie with Bilbo and Zoey helped jog my memory I suppose. When I read them I pictured the Monty Python troop playing the characters. John Cleese was Ford Prefect and Terry Jones was Arthur Dent. I should go back and read them again.

6. avatar DaniS in WA says:

I’m putting on my Joo Janta 200 super-chromatic peril-sensitive sunglasses and heading to the Big Bang Burger Bar for a quick bite. Anyone joining?

7. avatar strych9 says:

I always felt Clive Swift was Marvin. Alan Rickman did alright voicing him in the movie though.

8. avatar Gov. William J Le Petomane says:

It’s all pointless anyway.

9. avatar OBOB says:

GUNS ARE NOT THE ANSWER!

these…Joo Janta 200 Super-Chromatic Peril Sensitive Sunglasses…ARE!

if you can’t see it coming …its not there and not a peril!

10. avatar strych9 says:

It’s not pointless as long as you remember your towel.

11. avatar Eccentrica Gallumbits triple breasted whore of Eroticon Six says:

DON’T PANIC

12. avatar Gov. William J Le Petomane says:

I don’t think Marvin has a towel. Maybe that’s why he’s manically depressed?

13. avatar Gov. William J Le Petomane says:

BTW, I found this the other day; proof that the Infinite Improbability Drive actually exists!

14. avatar tsbhoa.p.jr says:

contact from my mother in law would elicit an announcement of, “call from: ‘ravenous bugblatter beast of traal.'”
          and sidelong glances from her daughters.

15. avatar AM says:

Ok, but what happened to the bowl of petunias?

16. avatar Gov. William J Le Petomane says:

AM, they’re probably out there in the Brazilian jungle somewhere, but they’re probably a lot harder to spot than a humpback whale.

2. avatar Chris M Smalley says:

id rather smash my brains in with a large gold brick wrapped in lemon . Id say a gun is probably the best option for self defense for anyone , i remember when women were being instructed to , in the event of impending rape , Soil themselves . That was the best option to rape prevention ? To Shit their pants and it would ” hopefully ” deter a rapist from violating you ? If a person is committed enough to become a rapist i would think a little poop wouldn’t bother them .?

1. avatar OBOB says:

Whats’ worse….they might be ‘IN’ to that ‘shit’……waaaaka!

2. avatar Bob Jones says:

Nowadays, many pervs would become extremely aroused sexually by a woman crapping before them. It’s like throwing gasoline onto a house fire. Google “Boston Pancakes” sometime when you’re bored.

2. avatar Old Guy in Montana says:

Agree!

J.M. Browning was nobody’s fool…he knew the answer even before the question was asked.

19+1+1 = a well-behaved, good shootin’ defensive firearm (who would only want one?)…a pair adds up to 42…the “Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything”.

Disclaimer: Smith, Wesson, Springfield and Colt also contribute to the Ultimate Answer for the Preservation of Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.

1. avatar Gov. William J Le Petomane says:

Or, you could have 10 GP100s with 4.2″ barrels. That would be pretty cool. Or 6.5 6.5 Creedmoors…

1. avatar Old Guy in Montana says:

Meh, I must be some kind of heretic…have not “transitioned” to the 6.5 CreedMeSomeMore.

(note to self: must purchase additional eight GP100’s for numerical balance…)

2. avatar Gov. William J Le Petomane says:

Technically 6.5 6.5 Creedmoors = 42.25 anyway.

3. avatar Rick the Bear says:

I was amused.

4. avatar LastOfTheOldOnes says:

Guns ARE the answer to Charles Darwin’s Laws of Natural Selection.

Since we all know (or should know) that chance and Mother Nature will usually favor those who are best prepared, it become obvious that gun owners are much better prepared than the rest of the population. The so-called “smart” people show us the utter idiocy with every word they utter, and in typical liberal fashion, those words usually mean the exact opposite of their original meaning.

My own research indicates over 450 million guns in the country. I am curious what kind of government operation these idiots believe would be able to remove them all.

On the bright side, these “smart” people give me so much enjoyment every time they open their mouths………

5. avatar Marty says:

I’ve always said anyone in favor of gun control is simply, well, brain dead. It doesn’t take any intelligence to push the guns are bad idea. You can’t control criminal gun use unless the’re locked up. So even a dunce can figure out gun control only controls the honest folk.

6. avatar GunnyGene says:

We have guns and other weapons (including rocks and sticks) because Mother Nature did not see fit to provide us with big sharp teeth, claws, speed, and a dozen or so other built in weapons and defenses. All we’ve got is our brain, and we’ve used it to become the Alpha creature on the planet, by virtue of our ability to create superior substitutes for all those things we aren’t born with.

7. avatar Victoria Illinois says:

I remember the LA riots. Do you? Was it Charlton Heston who said “my liberal (antigun) friends now want me to get guns for them?” (I’m paraphrasing y’know.) Also, very few Korean or Chinese stores were robbed. Guess why.

1. avatar OBOB says:

I lived in LA at that time and got tons of calls from UNARMED ‘lib’ friends…..they wanted guns….I have never laughed so hard on a phone, so many times in only one week! GOD my sides hurt!

8. avatar Victoria Illinois says:

I don’t know how to copy and paste but…here’s a great video for everyone from the Warrior Poet Society YouTube guy. It’s called “How Feminism Can Get You Raped and Murdered”. I sent it to my friends. The movies/TV do a disservice showing us that girls can kick guys and render them helpless. It doesn’t happen in real life. The gun is the great equalizer.

9. avatar Docduracoat says:

God created man and woman.
    Sam Colt made them equal

1. avatar Phil Auten says:

Docduracoat wrote: “God created man and woman.
      Sam Colt made them equal”

More or less.

Phil in TX

10. avatar Sean G./The Rookie says:

🙂

1. avatar Victoria Illinois says:

Cool.

2. avatar JR says:

Never saw that one before, but this one isn’t too bad either.

11. avatar Green Mtn. Boy says:

More often than not,when it’s fan time a gun is the answer.

12. avatar Hannibal says:

Guns are almost never the answer in civilian life. However, when a gun is the answer, it is generally the ONLY answer.

It’s sort of like a fire extinguisher or TQ. I’ve never had to use either but I carry both in my vehicle because if I need it for something, I probably really need it.

13. avatar Alan says:

Guns may or may not be the answer. What I would like to know is the following. EXACTLY what is the question, and by the way, it remains that while guns might not be the only answer, they will serve till a demonstratedly better one becomes available.

14. avatar Grumpster says:

Glock commercial makes the point well IMO.

15. avatar Gunner2000 says:

Why was Shower Boys’ junk pixelated?
    Pretty sure he has no balls. Just sayin..

16. avatar possum says:

Gunz are not the answer, a peaceful society, with happiness and joy. A society with everyone educated beyond a 12th grade diploma, affordable housing, Medicare, a homogenous nation of productivity reaching for the staz. In the meantime I still building my Neutrino Fusion Bommb because gunz are not the answer.

17. avatar Imayeti says:

Sometimes in life you end up holding a tiger by the tail. People are yelling “Let go!” not considering that the other end has teeth! Some of us choose to be ready for this. The rest are unarmed.

18. avatar Anymouse says:

If guns aren’t the answer, you’re asking the wrong question. Try one like, “What’s the best way to prevent being raped?”, or, “How do I defend myself while waiting for the police to arrive?”, or “What’s an effective way to harvest my own meat?”

19. avatar Joe Shmoe says:

I got the impression that the ‘movie’ was ridiculing the idea the “guns are not the answer”…as well as wands and sharp sticks…highlighting the absurdity of willful defenselessness.

20. avatar Phil in TX says:

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Now THAT’S FUNNY! Good one!

Phil in TX