SilencerCo Announcement on Delayed Delivery of Promotional Suppressors

Jeremy S for TTAG

As you may be aware, early last summer SilencerCo launched a buy-one-get-one-free suppressor promotion. That proved extremely popular and they sold A LOT of suppressors. So many that they’ve had trouble filling all of those orders.

In fact, they’re still working to deliver all of the free cans they promised. According to the press release below, the want customers to know that they expect to be all caught up by the end of June . . .

SilencerCo Summer Promotion Press Release

WEST VALLEY CITY, UT – February 14, 2019

Dear Valued Customer,

As a suppressor manufacturer, we thrive on setting the standard for quality and innovation, as well as excellent customer service. We have failed to deliver your free suppressor from the SilencerCo Summer Promotion in a timely manner, we apologize. The rebate submissions far exceeded our expectations.

We appreciate your patience and the opportunity to correct this situation for you. Please be assured that you will receive your free suppressor by the 29th of June 2019. We are committed to shipping your suppressor out as quickly and efficiently as possible, but most importantly providing you with a top-quality product. In order to keep this commitment to you, we increased our production and remain focused on quality.

We will provide regular updates on the status of your suppressor. In addition to the updates, we will send an email to you with a tracking number when your suppressor ships. Once the product arrives, it will be the dealer’s responsibility to contact you and start the tax stamp process.

We consider ourselves incredibly fortunate to have so many loyal customers. We want to thank you again for your patience regarding the summer promotion and your continued support of our products.

If you have any questions, please contact our customer service department at (801) 417-5384 or email us at [email protected]

Sincerely,

Jonathon Shults, President

About SilencerCo:

Ten years ago the dream began with two men that founded it all. They started from scratch. They learned

to machine metal. They shaped their dreams. They created SilencerCo. A decade later, SilencerCo is the largest silencer manufacturer in the world, nestled in the desert of the American West.

We’re shooters, too. We know the struggle of finding quality product that performs. We know stupid happens, which is why our lifetime warranty covers stupid…once. We set the standard for quality and innovation. From the first non-round pistol silencer, to the first integrally suppressed 9mm pistol, we continue to raise the bar for the industry. We don’t settle for less than perfection. We shoot for short, light, and quiet, but we make noise when it matters — we fight for your second amendment rights. Loudly.

comments

1. avatar Shire-man says:

Free is free. They can take as long as they need.
    Currently on day 232 for my stamp. I wonder which will come first: my stamp or my bogo suppressor?

1. avatar Nigel the expat says:

Heh. I’m in that race as well. 2 purch, 2 free. 4 horse race.

2. avatar DMJ says:

Never seen ATF times this bad, thank god we have a new republican president that will do something about this…

What happened to Don Jr and all his promises to the gun community?

1. avatar possum running with an attitude says:

He lied

1. avatar National Emergency says:

Like father, like son

2. avatar P51D says:

Oh, when the next election comes around trump and his trumpets will sing the 2A song again. I sincerely hope that all foolish trump supporters have learn their lesson. But alas, there will be other candidates much more 2A qualified rising through the ranks, but trump’s cult members will threaten to burn down the country if they don’t get their way. #national_nonmergency

1. avatar California Richard says:

Thats right! Vote Rick Scott, or Hillary, or Beto O’Rourke, or Kamala Harris, or Schultz!! Anybody but this gun hating anti 2nd Ammendment schmuck we have now!! Down with Trump /sarc/….. I distrust Trump as much as the next politician, but the alternative are a nightmare.

1. avatar P51D says:

Way to miss the point. Open your eyes and loose the trump attitude. It will only get this country killed.

Two words: Bill Weld.

nuff said.

2. avatar UpInArms says:

” Two words: Bill Weld ”

Former governor of Massachusetts. Heavily anti-2A. Strong supporter of “assault weapon” bans.

So maybe I’m missing something here, but what exactly is your point?

3. avatar Anymouse says:

Weld has announced he’s running for the Republican nomination as President. He’s trying to primary Trump and get support of the never Trumpers.

4. avatar Grant. says:

Bill Weld.
          Pro-infanticide, pro-LGBT, anti-gun.

2. avatar possum running with an attitude says:

I’m going burn incense and pray to my Trumpy Bear, cult indeed we’re just loyal worshi—- Supporters,

1. avatar California Richard says:

Trump is the reason I have guns. Imagine Trump, only as a Democrat and pushing a leftist agenda. It’s gonna happen.

3. avatar uncommon_sense says:

It is too bad that SilencerCo cannot simply provide the model and serial number before manufacturing so that the recipient can start the tax stamp process — both processes would probably finish at about the same time.

And yes, the EDIT function is back. Just make sure you go underneath your name, email, and website fields and check the tiny box next to, “Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.”

1. avatar Geoff "Bring the EDIT button back, will ya, TTAG?" PR says:

“And yes, the EDIT function is back. ”

We’ll see about *that*.

Testing…

EDIT – Yup, seems to be true.

It only took how fvcking long?

4. avatar LarryinTX says:

I need to mention I am pissed, here. I bought a SBR and suppressor from SilencerCo some years back, my address and phone number have not changed, I have been contemplating another suppressor, and this post is the FIRST notice I have seen that such an offer was in play. I would have happily trotted my butt (with a copy of my NFA trust) down and plunked down my money.

1. avatar IN Dave says:

I agree that this was not well publicized (of course if they are having this much trouble with lack of marketing then I can’t imagine with solid marketing). I found out with like one week left. My suggestion is to go to capital armory and sign up for their alerts. Now this is only true for silencerco, but CA is one of their preferred venders and they do a good job of sending stuff out for silencerco.

5. avatar possum says:

So if I get the first silencer, and a second one free, does that mean I can fck up three times and still have a hushpuppy?

1. avatar George from Alaska says:

I have an old AWC HP-9 “Hush Puppy”. I believe it was based on the original Hush Puppy made by Reed Knight during the Vietnam era, it was light and required no booster assembly on the S&W two digit 9mm it was designed for but works fine on my Browning Hi-Power and some other handguns. It uses wipes which of course is a problem nowadays. Phil Dater was AWC back then and I’ve had the pleasure of talking to both he and Reed Knight some years ago.

6. avatar DrDKW says:

Can I pay one NFA application fee, and get the second for free?!

7. avatar Tim U says:

Meanwhile, the atf is dragging their feet on all the extra paperwork.

I bought a different suppressor right around the same time. Worried I won’t see it until 2020 with the stories I’ve heard. I’m glad I don’t have the second “free” one in the backlog.

8. avatar Anon in Ct says:

Transfer times had come down, and now they are way back up. I suspect this deal moved the needle, plus we lost a month+ with the shutdown.

9. avatar BlakeW5 says:

Did they send this email to EVERYONE that’s ever bought a silencerco suppressor? I got the email myself, and while I own an Omega, I didn’t think I was part of any promotion other than getting an extra muzzle device for free.

10. avatar Dz says:

This pisses me off. I bought an omega under the special and processed it in their site the first week. They never said how long to get the free suppressor I hadn’t assumed it would be a year or I would just bought a second one at the same time. This makes the free one over a 2 year wait until stamp complete.

Also the promo was all over the gun blogs and both SilencerShop and silencerco direct email marketing. If you missed it I think it’s kinda your fault for not being on those lists or checking other gun blogs. I get a ton of junk marketing email for firearmstuff and I do glance at the subjects that say bogo!

11. avatar M1Lou says:

I’m still waiting on my free can, and also my two stamps I sent in for in July. I hope my cans will be out of jail soon so I can enjoy them anywhere I want. The good thing is my range lets you have “conjugal” visits whenever you want.

12. avatar Sora says:

I’d buy some cans but I don’t want ATF getting my name on their Future House to House Confiscation list.
    They expect you to give up 20 guns per suppressor registration.

13. avatar Soylent Green says:

My free octane 9 showed up at my dealer 4 months from registration confirmation and 6 from purchase of the omega. So they met their promise for me. Not everyone has had the same experience as i understand