SHOT Show: B&T’s New Universal Service Weapon Chassis for GLOCK [VIDEO]

Luis Valdes – TTAG

B&T is bringing out a Swiss-made PDW Stock for GLOCKs. They’ll work for Gen3 guns to Gen5 models with rails and will sell in the $350 to $375 neighborhood. It’s precision-made and has a feel of quality.

Check it out . . .

comments

1. avatar uncommon_sense says:

Uh, I don’t see the point in that device.

Nevertheless, I wish the manufacturer the best of luck.

1. avatar Geoff "Bring the EDIT button back, will ya, TTAG?" PR says:

“Uh, I don’t see the point in that device.”

If you have a select-fire Glock (I have heard transferable examples with after-market disconnects run about $2,000 US, the cheapest legal MG you can get) and a can on it, then you can have a hearing-safe SMG for under $4,000, US…

1. avatar LKB says:

Select fire Glocks for $2k? Dream on.

The G18 wasn’t produced until 1986, so unless there were some pre- or very early-production ones imported (in which case we’re talking about an incredibly small number of guns that would be priced accordingly), the Hughes Amendment applies, and thus the only way you can have one is if you have an SOT.

But in that case you can just Form 1 your own full auto AR-pattern weapons anyway, and for a lot less than $2k.

1. avatar Geoff "Bring the EDIT button back, will ya, TTAG?" PR says:

No, not the G18.

Pre-’86, you could buy a ‘conversion kit’ for about $250 that replaced the backplate and had two other parts, to convert it to select-fire.

Transferable G-18 are pretty much non-existent, as I understand it…

2. avatar Geoff "Bring the EDIT button back, will ya, TTAG?" PR says:

It looks like this :

3. avatar LKB says:

There was a discussion of this on AR15.com a while back . . . there are zero G18’s on the registry, and I believe only something like 6 or 8 conversions on it. Most of what you see are dealer samples or conversions done by SOT holders — not transferable weapons.

I’d be happy to be proven wrong, but until you show me that there is a Glock FA conversion, that’s on the registry, thats transferable and going for $2k, I call BS on this.

And, of course, none of the pre-’86 conversions would work anyway. Glock’s didn’t get rails (which you have to have to use the stock) until Gen 3 . . . long after 1986 and the Hughes Amendment.

4. avatar Geoff "Bring the EDIT button back, will ya, TTAG?" PR says:

That particular conversion was all in the slide, not the serialized part of the Glock.

TTAG’s JWT has one, but JWT has an SOT…

2. avatar yolo says:

it adds a stock to the pistol, making it objectively easier to shoot.

1. avatar California Richard says:

Meh…. he said it was for tactical teams and such. Most of those types can land body shots with their handguns at 100 yards in the time it takes to unlock and set the stock. Unnecessary complication. Mallninja tacticool as f**k though.

2. avatar Denim Dude says:

Tacticool.

3. avatar No one of consequence says:

Well, it’s by B&T and it’s made for Glocks, so there will be buyers.

It looks well-made and -designed (it’s pricey but you seem to get what you’re paying for), but I don’t usually see the point. So, par for the course for me for most of B&T’s product line.

1. avatar No one of consequence says:

Please bring back the edit button!

2. avatar yolo says:

it adds a stock to the pistol, making it objectively easier to shoot.

1. avatar No one of consequence says:

So for roughly the same price (in fairness maybe up to 1.5x if I don’t go premium on everything) I buy or assemble an AR pistol, and get more rounds, more punch per round, a similar form factor, and now have a second gun that I do not have to disassemble to recover the use of my first gun as a pistol.

As a partial alternate, if I’m willing to spend more I could go for a pistol caliber upper/lower and have magazine compatibility if I cared. Or go for a CZ Skorpion and call it good.

I see the narrow point, which you make, but in a general context of wanting the result this thing provides, no.

4. avatar Randy says:

… just curious, what takes this outside the SBR category?

1. avatar uncommon_sense says:

I was thinking the same thing and I cannot come up with an explanation.

2. avatar LKB says:

It doesn’t. You’d have to have a tax stamp to make an SBR in your hands before you install it.

1. avatar Randy says:

My understanding is that you cannot own or possess the necessary pieces to make a SBR prior to ‘creating’ it. In other words, if you have the Glock you must apply for and have in hand your $200 tax stamp before you can legally purchase this ‘stock’.

1. avatar LKB says:

Yup. You can have the Glock OR the stock before the stamp comes in, but having both before you have the stamp is asking for trouble.

2. avatar Anymouse says:

If you had a 16″ Glock barrel, the combination would be a legal rifle. Just don’t leave the stock on when you put in the original barrel.

5. avatar Quasimofo says:

A company called Flux Defense is promoting a new, similar-looking, spring-loaded PDW/brace setup for ~$300 and doesn’t require SBR’ing a Glock. But, it looks like it might change your grip and be incompatible with some lights.

Or there’s the ENDO Tactical adapter and any number of AR pistol-compatible brace arrangements and pay about half the price of these two other options. Just depends on personal taste for your Glock pseudo-PDW to be, I suppose.

1. avatar raptor jesus says:

You can get a Roni with a stabilizing brace for half that price.

6. avatar Pmac says:

Used something similar on a Glock 18 once. Different manufacture. About the only place something like shines.

1. avatar Binder says:

I think this would be nice with a G40 / G20.

7. avatar L says:

That’s a funny looking pistol brace.

8. avatar Hippi says:

I never knew boyd cottington wore cowboy hats?

9. avatar Neil Hightower iii says:

Only thing I see is if your gunning a heavy can it help.

1. avatar little horn says:

uhhh wut?

10. avatar little horn says:

i’m not one for stupid gimmicks that do nothing but change the look of a gun but by all means, go ahead.

11. avatar Mike H says:

Does it work with a bone stock G19? I’m very seriously considering not getting one.