Dictatorial Carry: Everyday Carry Pocket Dump of the Day

So this one has a rather lengthy title: “What you need to carry in your pocket, being in a mafia dictatorial country where human rights are not respected? – Real Russian EDC.”

What do you carry when you can’t…carry? Whether it’s a non-permissive environment or a dictatorial state/country, you have choices to make. What’s your personal carry when firearms are either not allowed or flat impossible?

comments

1. avatar specialist38 says:

Mostly don’t go. If I have too…..big assed knife.

And a cane…….for my bad knee.

1. avatar Grumpy says:

Same. Try really hard not to go, but my daughter lives in Chi Town, so knife. By the way, read the laws re knives in Chi Town, they are as goofy as the gun regs.
      and be careful out there.

1. avatar Specialist38 says:

Good points… I was mainly thinking of foreign countries will federales at the border and such.

When I lived in Indiana (1st place I could get permit to carry), most of the people I knew bought Makarovs for carry in IL.

If you you got caught, mainly you lost the gun……kinda like MS where I grew up.

2. avatar Big Al says:

It’s kinda’ like flying. If’n I can’t bring my gun, I ain’t goin’.

3. avatar AM says:

Ok, I give up, what the hell is the spoon for?

1. avatar jwm says:

Eyeballs. Ain’t you tactikewl enough to go after the eyeballs with your special spoon?

1. avatar Yepnope says:

I thought maybe the person had a heroin habit

2. avatar daveinwyo says:

This is obviously a T-Spoon MK 1. Not as fast or cool as the ballistic knife. Still waiting for the XM4TINE fork w/flexible pinky zip-tie.

2. avatar Specialist38 says:

Eating…

3. avatar Swarf says:

Because it’s dull.

4. avatar Enuf says:

None of that stuff goes BANG! like I want it too. And what’s with all the different “NiteEyze Doohickey” stuff?

I do see the value of the titanium spoon, that’s brilliant really. After all, you never know when you will be in a restaurant and they’ve some killer dessert but they are all out of clean spoons.

Or you are walking in a supermarket and see a new flavor of Ben & Jerry’s in the ice cream section. That stuff’s expensive, so whip out your personal ice cream sampling device and make a tactical determination on whether you should transport the entire carton to the checkout, or just stash it behind some unopened ones back on the shelf.

Yup, a tactical titanium spoon makes excellent sense.

But hey, why isn’t it Nitride Black?

Possibly a proto-type?

5. avatar GS650G says:

Spoon and lighter? Looks like a heroin kit.

1. avatar VerendusAudeo says:

Or like 40% of Russians, he smokes, and like 100% of humans, he eats food.

1. avatar RockOnHellChild says:

Are spoons hard to come by in Russian restaurants…

No spoon for you!!!

2. avatar GS650G says:

How many people have you known to carry a spoon around town?

6. avatar rt66paul says:

Teddy said speak softly and carry a big stick. wisdom from over a century ago.

1. avatar Aaron Walker says:

Russian Tablespoon!

7. avatar Billy Bob says:

I like that knife.

8. avatar JD says:

Carry a gun anyway. But be meticulous about it. Don’t be a slob about it. Concealed means concealed.

1. avatar frank speak says:

those new high-powered lasers offer an effective deterrent…not sure what the laws are on these…

2. avatar B.D. says:

I agree. And I did so the whole year I spent in CA.

I’d rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6.

9. avatar John Galt says:

I live in Idaho, work in kalifornistan

In Idaho I carry a Les Baer Custom or a Dave Lauck Slimline Professional (sometimes a CZ TS/CTS 40)

When behind enemy lines in kalifornitopia I carry a Glock, 19, Glock 43 and a North American Arms 22 mag.

If pressed, the commie police can take my Glock and I’ll just go back to the office and get another one……..if they wanted to take my Dave Lauck…….I’d have to kill ‘m

Just say’n

10. avatar Matt o says:

I think I’d go with a taser and as large a knife as possible. A sturdy cane for my bad knee is also becoming less and less a joke every year

11. avatar strych9 says:

What I don’t do is carry a bear-banger on a pen flare launcher.

Why? Well, partly because here in the Land of the Free bear-bangers are illegal ever since the ATF reclassified them as explosive devices.

12. avatar Rocketman says:

I heard a story years ago about a guy in Washington D.C. shooting a guy trying to steal his car with on of those old H&K multi shot flare pistols. Shot him right dead center in the chest and the phosphorus started burning his skin right over his heart. Dummy tried to wipe it off with his bare hands which just transferred some of it to his hands which started burning. Last he saw of the guy he was running off screaming for anyone to help him.

1. avatar Yepnope says:

He probably was able to sue the piss out if the shooter and win

13. avatar former water walker says:

Carry anyway…and don’t act like a dick.

14. avatar possum says:

“What do you carry when you can’t carry”., Like I’d tell anyone. You know some of these TTAG questions seem awfully loaded. Almost as if the Feds are asking them…… Where would you hide your guns if they banned guns? Do you use a gun safe? Are you a “,super owner”? How much ammo is enough? Do you carry a gun in gun free zones?Inquiring minds want to know. (!)

1. avatar RV6 Driver says:

@possum

How many 80% lowers do you have? Where do you hide your hi-cap mags? Do you use an AR 15 for home defense? What’s your favorite plate carrier?? Have you ever put a stock on a pistol for defiant fun????

Don’t worry your email and IP address are totally anonymous here…. 😂

2. avatar RockOnHellChild says:

Possum, is that you…

I’m your rich uncle for Nigeria and I want to give you $100,000! Please send me your account numbers, so I can wire transfer you the money.

15. avatar Klaus Von Schmitto says:

A can of green beans and a sharp wit.

16. avatar 16V says:

Guys, if we are in fact talking about a Russian, the real answer is pretty simple – don’t forget a phone.

The most important thing to carry in Russian is the contact info of someone who is someone. Preferably a semi-close relative, or someone who owes you a favor.

The world always works the same – if you have the right contacts…

17. avatar RockOnHellChild says:

Knife, flash light big enough to be a striking weapon, and my martial arts training.

I think everyone should get legitimate martial arts/hand-to-hand training. Not every situation calls for shooting someone. Being able to put someone on the deck quickly and roll out is a good skill to have. And you can always carry it with you.

1. avatar jwm says:

Instead of training I spent the money on a Trunk Monkey. Very effective.

1. avatar RockOnHellChild says:

I bought one for my front porch… I call him my Porch… Uhh, Guardian.

18. avatar Craig in IA says:

Same thing- G43 in Galco belly band, IWB. Unless I see metal detectors, then I usually don’t bother going.

19. avatar little horn says:

at least a pocket knife.