2019 Gun Goals: Everyday Carry Pocket Dump of the Day

Here we have a Colt in a leather holster and a day planner that won’t do much good now that it’s 2019. Speaking of which, have you made any training plans for 2019? Do you have specific goals like speeding up your draw stroke or perfecting the Dot Torture Test? Let’s hear those 2019 gun-related goals.

comments

1. avatar JD says:

Lol dot torture? 90% on this board have no clue what you’re talking about. Never mind perfecting it! Lol 😂

1. avatar Yepnope says:

I think they had a guest writer that did an article about that and 1 or 2 other drills. All the drills were able to be done at an indoor range

2. avatar Specialist38 says:

Oh….I imagine most know what it is….just don’t give a crap.

2. avatar strych9 says:

Shoot more, worry less and not need an ICU visit.

Planning is good. We’ll see about the execution.

3. avatar possum says:

Oh hell yes, I went plumb jack batty when I done did see it,, A 1911 in a leather holster. I ain’t even gonna bitch about the Pocket Watch Complete With Straps For ATTACHING To You Wrist…. I’ve been practicing my fast draw, thank God the gun is drop safe, never practice with an uploaded weapon it takes all the fun out of it. I also crawled up a hill that nine years ago I ran up, aaaannnnd I ate a bowl of Cheerios…. If that hill thinks I’m goin give up smoking and drinkin whiskey, I kin git a D-9 that says otherwise.

1. avatar Tom in Oregon says:

You crack me up

2. avatar Elaine D. says:

You tell that hill, Possum. Who do these damned hills think they are these days pushing everyone around. You just let ‘em know.

3. avatar Aaron says:

i don’t know what possum is smoking, but i want to try some….

4. avatar Richard Turyn says:

What’s that interesting blade?

5. avatar Robroyb says:

Some kind of 5.11 fixed blade. I wish it would list names better. Tap on the picture and it will carry you over to the Everyday Carry page where some items are labeled pretty well, others aren’t, but it’s still good.

1. avatar Richard Turyn says:

Many thanks.

6. avatar Ivan Smirnoffski says:

Finally, a Colt Mustang/Government .380 pocket dump instead of a Glock. I like the Mustang, the modern ones are some of the nicest pocket pistols on the market right now.

7. avatar Dude says:

I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again, gun guys sure are stubborn. They aren’t giving up on their paper, portable writing tablets!

Gun goals for 2019: buy more guns

8. avatar Elaine D. says:

Training goals:

Gonna do a “dirt vs. steel” course with Steve Miles in Feb. To cover that question of what one does if one ends up on the ground and one or both parties are disfavorably armed with gun or knife.

Goal with pistol is to pass Jeff’s Pistol 2 this year and then determine if I want to advance to the royal ass kicking that is Pistol 3 and Gunfighter Club next year.

Goal with rifle is to start again and attend Paul Howe’s rifle course at the end of the year.

Practice wise, goal is to do a lot more dry fire and holster draw practice, and to take some more lessons in knife from my buddies who are really into it. I had a former paratrooper who used to be a wrestler offer to give me some basic ground fighting lessons but he’s just unaware enough of his own strength that I think I’m gonna look for smaller dudes to learn from, lol.

9. avatar raptor jesus says:

This reminds me – I need to sign up for Sig Academy

10. avatar UpInArms says:

Consistently hit bull on 9 out of 10 at 1000 yards.

Why not 10 out of 10, you ask? Gotta leave something for 2020.