Home Invader Attacks Three Women on Their Way to Church, They Shoot and Kill Him

Three Detroit women, ages 29, 55, and 75, were getting ready to leave for Sunday services when they were faced with a serious threat. An unknown man who had been lurking outside their home confronted them, grabbed the 55-year-old homeowner by her coat, and forced all three women back inside.

Once indoors, the homeowner and her daughter repeatedly told the man to leave, but he refused. That’s when the homeowner grabbed a gun and fired twice to defend herself and the two other women. She hit him in the chest at least once and the man, who was in his mid-30s, was declared dead at the scene when officers arrived.

Authorities aren’t taking any legal action against the women, believing this was a justified self-defense shooting.

“If it’s an unknown person and they follow you inside, I suspect they would be legitimately in fear for their wellbeing and safety,” explained David Balash, a retired Michigan State Police gun expert who was interviewed by the press. “They have every right to defend themselves.”

“I was about to go to church when I heard the shots,” said the women’s neighbor, Lashundra Craig (shown in the video below). “They put up the crime tape and I went to church.”

“Do you think you could have pulled the trigger like that woman did?” FOX2 asked Ms. Craig.

“Yes,” she answered instantly. “I don’t own a gun, but if I did and they were in my house, yes.”

comments

1. avatar Mark N. says:

Beware the Church Lady! She shot the BG; now isn’t that just special?

1. avatar JasonM says:

Who could have motivated this 30-year old to try to enter that house? Hmm… Who could it be?

1. avatar Sgt Bill says:

that precious

2. avatar Jacob says:

Any chance TTAG will adopt Disqus for commenting?

1. avatar tdiinva says:

That would be a big mistake. The comment section would be taken over by trolls incside of a week.

1. avatar burley says:

Yep. Plus, for some reason unbeknownst to all, about half of the legitimate commenters and regulars on TTAG would have every comment marked as SPAM, never to be heard from again.

1. avatar ollie says:

Disgus does NOT believe in the First Amendment.

2. avatar Moshe says:

And 2nd too.

2. avatar Stev says:

Dumb question, but how do you create an account here?

1. avatar LarryinTX says:

You seem to have one!

2. avatar Wood says:

One of the great things about this site is you DON’T have to! If you don’t care about being notified of replies to a topic, you can even use a false email address.

{adjusts tin foil hat}

Course, they log your IP address like every other website in the world.

2. Bite your tongue. Or typing fingers. Any web site that adopts Disqus cedes far too much control to people who do not share the interests and motivations of the site owners and their commentors. It is very hard to disable or bypass their aggressive filters. I suspect (but don’t know) that Zeta Global (Disqus owners) make their money by storing user and comment information and selling aggregated data (at least I hope it is aggregated) to marketers and others willing to pay good money for the service. That would include governments.

3. avatar Wood says:

You’d lose a lot of participation here. I won’t use it, so I’d be gone. Y’all probably won’t miss lil ol me, but many like me would be out too. Ttag would miss the add revenue.

4. avatar zerofoo says:

I deleted my Disqus account recently. The signal to noise ratio on Disqus is so low that the platform became worthless.

The proliferation of anti-Trump bots and trolls that add nothing relevant to the discussion make civil discourse on Disqus impossible.

3. avatar Widdler says:

I hope after this she reconsiders “owning a gun”. Good job ladies! -AMEN

4. avatar Vicrattlehead says:

“But I willfully decide to remain defenseless so had this happened to me I’d just have to be a victim.”
    There, finished out her thought for her.

As to the woman who pulled the trigger (and hit center mass), well done and respect to you for having the courage to protect the 2 others with you.

5. avatar JasonM says:

Why is there a “POLIS” car in the first picture? Were the Detroit PD so busy that the ladies had to wait for European cops to arrive?

1. avatar Sgt Bill says:

I can just here the sirens now, waaa, waaa, just like in Europe, way to go TTAG

2. avatar MrBob says:

From the spelling my guess is the stock pic is from Turkey, with police tape photoshopped in.

Maybe the Detroit cops were “educated” in Detroit public schools so they just can’t spell.

4. avatar Cruzo1981 says:

Good eye, didn’t even notice!!! Too funny!!!!

6. avatar former water walker says:

Good for these ladies…in a nearby neighborhood a 70 year old lady on her way to church was raped and beaten by Obama’s son last year. Gunshop’s stay busy…

1. avatar M ake A ssholes G o A way! says:

Why do you have to be a stupid, ignorant racist ass in the middle of an interesting conversation? Narcissism? Chance? Choice? Genetics? Go for the gold and choose all four. Make your family great again.

1. avatar FedUp says:

Exactly. Just because our 44th president was a racist ass who self-identified with criminals doesn’t mean we have to keep reminding everybody of it. He’s retired, so move on already.

1. avatar LarryinTX says:

Who told you he’s retired?

7. avatar jwm says:

Have gun. Use gun. Really is that effing simple.

8. avatar The Rookie says:

“They put up the crime tape and I went to church.”

That. Is. AWESOME!

1. avatar FedUp says:

At first I thought it was a victim quote and thought it was great.

Less awesome when I realized it was the neighbor who said that. Another thug got himself shot, glad he didn’t come to my house and kill me instead. Oh, well, back to whatever I was doing.

The victims were probably still giving statements to investigators when the neighbor got home from church.

1. avatar The Rookie says:

Oh, dangit, you’re right. I skimmed the story and thought it was the victim saying that, too.

Still a good quote, but much less awesome.

2. avatar LarryinTX says:

I would hope not, how much can you say? “Goin’ to church, jackwad grabbed me and forced us all back inside, shot the mofo, time to get on to church, we done here?”

9. avatar Sam I Am says:

“Praise the Lord, we’re on a mighty mission
    All aboard, we ain’t a-goin’ fishin’

Praise the Lord and swing into position
    Can’t afford to be a politician”

“Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition
    And we’ll all stay free”

– mash up of Kay Kaiser’s WW2 classic

10. avatar Bruce Frank says:

Well now that they have publicized the neighbors name and she announced that she has no gun, it is likely a good idea she gets one!

11. avatar Justin Case says:

I do love a happy ending…

12. avatar Jeff says:

Saved the TAXPAYERS Some Money!

1. avatar Chris T in KY says:

Ditto!

13. avatar Dean Tecklenburg says:

they need to smudge out the street address shown to alleviate any retribution by the perps friends…

1. avatar Angry Dad says:

Maybe that’s why the fake Turkish cop pic with the car marked “POLIS” is there, to mislead those who might hassle the unarmed neighbor. Or not.

2. avatar LarryinTX says:

Only discussion by his “friends” I can imagine includes a lot of laughter interspersed with “Jackass got hisself shot dead by an old lady! HAW! Anybody know where he kept his drugs?”

1. avatar LarryinTX says:

Off subject, can’t resist. Festivities in DC today include the Joint Chiefs, TV just showed them moving together like a gaggle of ducks, 4-stars can’t march for shit! Amazing. When I wore a uniform, we called that level of coordination (either marching or formation flying) “same way, same day”. Just coincidentally in the same picture.

14. avatar possum says:

Thank goodness she had a watch and a handgun. ” Ohh, ohhh, what do I do?, Wait it’s on the slide-911, and it’s time to call the law soldiers.”

1. avatar Widdler says:

Thank you KARMA! Finally caught up to that asshole, good riddance. Well done lady, I’d hug her too if I could.

2. avatar Tom Worthington says:

These things are actually just a myth and very, very rare. (rolling eyes)

3. avatar Widdler says:

Nows a perfect opportunity, do a backround check on anyone who cries over his dead ass. Lets see what they come up with, I’m beating the red flag bag would explode.

15. avatar Survivordude1090 says:

…And they all lived happily ever after.

16. avatar Michael says:

And the bad joe was, AD/RS at the morgue. (Arrived dead/Remained same). ‘Nuff said. -30-

17. avatar Kman says:

The icing on the cake should be any possessions and assets of the deceased excitement go to the homeowner for clean up and repairs.

1. avatar Wood says:

Careful with asset forfeiture…. you want the state to expand what they already abuse? Where will it end?

1. avatar FedUp says:

If I were to choose between civil asset forfeiture and criminal asset forfeiture I’d take criminal forfeiture in an instant.

18. avatar kahlil says:

in the words of Madea, “Piece be steel.”