Weapon-Mounted Light on a Glock: Everyday Carry Pocket Dump of the Day

A GLOCK 19 with an Inforce APLc weapon-mounted light is the focal point of this pocket dump. Lights are a bit of a hot debate topic when it comes to weapon-mounted versus handheld, so, what do you think?

comments

1. avatar Old Guy in Montana says:

I prefer the versatility of an off-weapon light….few things make people more nervous than some yahoo waving a light-equipped firearm around whilst using it as a general illumination source.

1. avatar New Continental Army says:

Especially those A holes that like to shine their light right in your face.

2. avatar ConspiracyEDC says:

Previous EDC was also a Glock with the Inforce light

It also seems to be the same gen Glock 19.

Do these people just retake pics in a different setting, and post it as a new EDC?

1. avatar ConsiparyEDC says:

And it looks like a map of Iran (part of it at least). This is highly suspicious imo.

1. avatar Geoff "Mess with the bull, get the horns" PR says:

“And it looks like a map of Iran…”

looks more like an approach plate to me…

2. avatar JD says:

You guys suck as detectives. You might want to loosen the tin foil around your heads. Either that or get your gelatinous ass out from behind your computer and do some actual training, you might learn something.

2. avatar Tom in Oregon says:

The watch band looks brand new. (Mine is only a couple years old and it’s round shape is permanent.)The only thing with any appreciable wear is the blade.

1. avatar Larry says:

If you look closely you’ll see where the buckle left a mark on the watch strap, and the hole under it shows some wear .

Being a watch guy , I not only rotate watches but straps as well . I might wear a Zulu, then swap for a bracelet,or another color Zulu .

1. avatar Geoff "Mess with the bull, get the horns" PR says:

Is that a ‘FiftyFive Fathoms’, or a Seiko mod tribute?

2. avatar Frank in VA says:

Geoff, a real one and a Gerber knife in the same dump would be odd. The bezel looks like a Seiko 5 to me.

3. avatar Drop Safe says:

I think that off weapon has many advantages, such as not muzzling people or things that should not be muzzled (one’s children, a police officer, grandma, etc.), and avoiding a charge of aggravated assault/brandishing when no lethal threat was actually present while assessing a potential threat. On the other hand, on weapon has the advantage that the light is always with you, it lights up a target while allowing the nondominant hand to provide a two handed grip to the firearm, sweep away loved ones, hold back an attacker, help keep one’s balance down the dark stairs etc. That is why I carry both.

4. avatar Bearacuda says:

I think you should have a WML and a hand held light. That said, I think having a flush fit light makes you lose the ability to use it as a “standoff device” if you’re unable to get clearance, as well as limit you to a certain lumen range.

1. avatar Rob Browder says:

100% correct. I was thinking the same and wondering why no one was mentioning it.

1. avatar JD says:

No one was mentioning it because it’s retarded. Good luck carrying a weapon with a light large enough to use as a stand-off device. You won’t be carrying it long. And a stand off device? Really? Learn some hand to hand skills or if the perp keeps closing the gap and ignoring your commands to stay back, shoot the motherfucker in the face. No gay standoff devices needed.

1. avatar Bearacuda says:

Cool story, bro.

2. avatar Rob Browder says:

It’s not retarded to have a small light along my Blade in my pocket. I haven’t mounted a light to my gun yet, but that is the next step with a Olight valkyrie mini. Not to blind someone with it, but to have the option of light on my firearm if needed. My pocket light is more for safety, help, etc., though it could be used for protection in the right situation. In reality, we who Carry should be looking for a way to get away from danger, not the opposite, but if we’re backed up then protecting oneself is the step to take. Having the tools is key, and hand techniques are one of those to use as well in the right place. So, carry it all, and train with it all… often. The brain is the best defense!!

2. avatar NM says:

Exactly… that is why I have grown to love an X300 on a G19.

5. avatar NM says:

Not weapon-mounted light versus handheld.

NEVER versus.

In addition to… 🙂

1. avatar Joe in San Antonio says:

What does NUTNFANCY say SAWC( size and weight constraints?). The truth is if you thought you were going to war it would be prudent to arm up for it. But your not your going to the zoo with your kids and the prudent thing is conduct a risk assessment with probability and castosprophe impact in the x and y axis. For instance if you can only carry 5 lbs of gear and are a type 2 diabetic the prudent thing is to carry the insulin and leave the extra mag and flashlight at home.

2. avatar Rob Browder says:

Spot on!

6. avatar TheOtherDavid says:

The lights themselves have gotten small enough that having one is not the “burden” it used to be. So I side with most of the commenters here, it’s an “in addition to” option as opposed to “instead of.”