STI Carry: Everyday Carry Pocket Dump of the Day

This EDC features an STI DVC Omni. STI makes some awesome guns and this one is no exception. The Omni was designed using the company’s 2011 tech and includes an Island Comp Barrel to make it a flatter-shooting pistol. This one’s a 9mm; the one I reviewed was a .45 ACP and it was a fantastic gun. Reliable, accurate, comfortable to shoot for long stretches.

Of course, the Omni is also a $3999 gun. Personally I don’t believe in safe queens. If you buy a gun, you should shoot it. Preferably a lot. What do you guys think?

comments

1. avatar Bob says:

If one wears a $3000 watch then it’s only natural that they’d also carry a $4000 gun.

1. avatar Bobski says:

The big question here is why he has around 7k in between watch and gun and he put a vortex on top of that thing. Vortex isn’t bad in any way but there are better options.

1. avatar strych9 says:

$7K+between the gun and watch, +up to $500 on that optic, nice OTF knife, nice holster, a decent wallet but only a $40 flashlight…

That’s what weirds me out.

1. avatar Larry says:

I know a guy who makes over $160,000/year, single, no kids, and he enjoys cheap crack/meth head skinny teeth-less chicks. You just cannot explain it.

2. avatar GDMF says:

Eh… cheap holster with a plastic clip. Not serious gear IMO.

2. avatar Geoff "Mess with the bull, get the horns" PR says:

It’s weird the way some rich folks I know cheap out on the strangest things…

1. avatar Jonndoe says:

$4000 for a gun and what $10 for a hooker….the rich really are Insane.

2. avatar Sheer Hawai'i says:

This guy will hopefully make my wife feel I’m not such a big spender, after all.

There’s always a bigger fish, right?

Thanks, TTAG!

(BTW, I would have picked the .45 STI).

1. avatar Tom says:

I have a small wee wee, bring me your wife and when I am done she’ll feel like you are huge.

3. avatar Josh says:

It never fails, every timethere is an expensive EDC posted the commies are questioning the choice. Get an education and leave your broke red state behind. It is not our fault you have to feed your 8 kids some spam and mac cheese for 2 months in order to buy a used Glock at the pawn shop.

1. avatar Bobski says:

Seems to me most people here are wondering why he didn’t spend more. Hopefully we’re not projecting here?

2. avatar Specialist38 says:

I like Spam.

1. avatar The Rookie says:

I like spam, too.

Though not as much as egg and spam, egg, bacon and spam, egg, bacon, sausage and spam, spam, bacon, sausage and spam….

1. avatar jwm says:

Well, damn, I used to like Spam.

2. avatar Sid says:

Spam, spam, spam, spam, spamitty-spam……

3. avatar GluteusMaximus says:

Well guns are mostly illegal in blue states. Stereotype much?

4. avatar Joel says:

Broke red state? I’m uneducated here apparently. But I live in Texas. Are we the only red state that isn’t broke?

5. avatar Rich Housewives Like Our "Guns" says:

Your wife still sleeps with us trashy red state boys while you are at the office trying to prove yourself through a watch. Also, the holster shows no signs of wear – clownshoes doesn’t carry this at all, just wanted to show people what he owns.

1. avatar B.D. says:

“The holster shows no sign of wear”

maybe it is new… crazy idea?

4. avatar Manse Jolly says:

waitamin….

No spare mag?

1. avatar rudukai13 says:

Considering currently the most unreliable facet of the 2011 weapon system is the magazines, this was my thought as well

5. avatar Tom RKBA says:

This is another ill conceived carry setup. The muzzle is not protected by the holster and is exposed to sweat and dings. Worse, the gun can ride up due to body pressure on the muzzle. The owner does not carry a reload, which is important. The light is fine; it likely fits in the pocket better. I have a decent small light that I use for that reason and my larger Surefires stay at home.

6. avatar possum says:

I think $3000 for a pocket watch complete with straps for attaching to your wrist is a lot of money.

7. avatar Cloudbuster says:

EDC my *ss. Every since somebody pointed it out, I can’t help but notice how pristine the gear is in most of these “dumps.” That thing is ridiculous as an EDC gun — the giant mag well, reflex sight and compensator — and both holster and gun look like they’ve never spent a day rubbing against someone’s clothes, belt and body and bumping into all the stuff you bump into as you go about your life.

1. avatar SoCalJack says:

The source website where all these EDC loadouts are coming from should remind the posters to add some (more) context for the pocket dumps. I have seen, on a few occasions, folks admitting, “showing off my benchmade I just got in the mail”, or “…after months of trial and error here’s what works for me”, or “I didn’t show every single item I EDC, because I posted them already”.

1. avatar B.D. says:

So it’s a crime on the internet to post new things or repost gear.

Got it.

I’ll make sure to scratch my new shit up and post everything from pockets to truck bags in the future. Should we also post the reserves in the basement?

8. avatar daveinwyo says:

Complain about “cheap” guns, complain about expensive guns. Why do you care? I would rather have less expensive guns and more ammo. Rather lose a Ruger to the cops than a high $ gun, so a defacto save queen. But, I will whine about high $ “pocket watches with straps”. If you have a cell phone you have a clock, no need for extra stuff. Pretty vain. Maybe a manbun.

9. avatar Craig in IA says:

I’ve had a custom STI with a Commander’s top since the double stacks first appeared back in the 80s (I believe). 14 rounds with one in the pipe, I’ve tried several methods of concealed carry but still too big and heavy for my frame. Also carried my old Detonics .45 a couple days and put it away again. Nice to use a man’s caliber but too much weight for me for EDC. I don’t even know I’m walking around with my little Glock mouse gun.

10. avatar Jean-Claude says:

Yet more “Flexin’ for the ‘gram”.

There is very little chance that pistol sees EVERYDAY carry.

And APPENDIX CARRY IS A FAD.

1. avatar B.D. says:

Appendix carry is a fad? – So, the benefits outlined all over self defense classes are wrong? ok.

Little chance he carries it every day? – Then why does he post it so frequently? Judge away keyboard warrior.

wtf is wrong with you TTAGers?