Serpa Carry: Everyday Carry Pocket Dump of the Day

This one comes from a guy giving his name using a Latin phrasenonquam non paratus – which roughly translates to “never unprepared.” He says, “I had a request for a photo of the holster I carry my Glock 19 / INFORCE APLc combo in. But I thought that would be boring by itself… Here’s two ways I carry my Glock.”

GLOCK 19. Serpa holster. Discuss.

comments

1. avatar possum says:

I like the knife.

2. avatar Joatmon says:

It depends on who you ask. I’ve heard horror stories and good stories.
    I’ve never been witness to either so there ya go.
    I prefer leather myself with a strong affinity for Milt Sparks.

3. avatar gaston says:

That is a lot of stuff to haul around every day. Hate to plan out my day if all this was my routine carry.

4. avatar Omer says:

Hopefully there’s a tourniquet and a cell phone in that load out.

5. avatar Turd log breath says:

What’s with all these LARPers edc dumps? I think most of these posts are just guys wanting to show off their “kit” . I doubt these people carry all that crap every day….

1. avatar Quod dixit ille says:

They don’t. All the gear usually shows no signs of wear. Leather changes substantially when carried regularly. Gun slides show wear. These are photo-ops of new stuff. They are the dumbest thing. He doesn’t carry this every day. Also, his Latin is wrong and very poor.

1. avatar Napresto says:

But he has so many knives! You never know when you might need a tenth knife, people.

6. avatar pwrserge says:

There’s no derp like serpaderp. It works for some handguns, but certainly not for striker fired guns without a heavy double action mode.

7. avatar Dev says:

I think the Safariland retention holster is a much better idea and much easier to release the retention during a draw without the risk of getting your finger inside the trigger.

1. avatar Owen says:

I agree. Safariland ALS has nice smooth sides and an easy to actuate thumb lever.

8. avatar Michael in AK says:

No, just no…..I carry that much flying out to remote villages, but every day on my body? Heck no!

1. avatar daveinwyo says:

I agree w/Michael in AK. This is BS, there are no $300 tactical ballistic sunglasses and a cheap ass Marine style knife.

9. avatar Quest says:

I hope this dude carries a purse, otherwise this is way too cumbersome for EDC.

10. avatar Andrew Gollum says:

I just throw my Glock in a reusable grocery bag. If it’s safe to carry eggs it’s safe for a Glock.

11. avatar Craig in IA says:

This is way too much to go to the grocery store or out to dinner unless he’s going to a Crips/Bloods Convention in SCLA or something.

A fairly well-known Gomer around here carries a full-sized 1911 plus 7 additional loaded mags on him all the time. He’s about 6’2″, not obese. Not sure what else he has in his pockets and under his idiot photog’s vest (Ayoob- “shoot the guy in the vest first”) but he looks like the Michelin Man to me. I also think if he ever “has the chance” (his words) to use them, some local prosecutor will want to look at charging him with Going Armed With Intent. Not for me.

1. avatar Kat Ainsworth says:

A Mas quote in the comments.

I am legit grinning.