Goodbye AR Builds, Hello H.R. 7115: Nationwide Proposed Ban in the Works

courtesy Corsair

Last week I-1639 passed in Washington State. Soon it might be the passage of H.R. 7115 in the US House, the so-called 3D Firearms Prohibition Act.

What is H.R. 7115, really? I’m glad you asked. The opening text is as follows, but you can find the full text here:

To prohibit the sale, acquisition, distribution in commerce, or import into the United States of certain firearm receiver castings or blanks, assault weapon parts kits, and machinegun parts kits and the marketing or advertising of such castings or blanks and kits on any medium of electronic communications, to require homemade firearms to have serial numbers, and for other purposes.

And check out Section 3:

SEC. 3. Prohibition of advertising do-it-yourself assault weapons.

(a) In general.—It shall be unlawful to market or advertise, on any medium of electronic communications, including over the Internet, for the sale of any of the following:

(1) A firearm receiver casting or firearm receiver blank or unfinished handgun frame that—

(A) at the point of sale does not meet the definition of a firearm in section 921(a) of title 18, United States Code; and

(B) after purchase by a consumer, can be completed by the consumer to the point at which such casting or blank functions as a firearm frame or receiver for a semiautomatic assault weapon or machinegun or the frame of a handgun.

(2) An assault weapon parts kit.

(3) A machinegun parts kit.

H.R. 7115 was introduced on November 2, 2018 and sponsored by Rep. Frank Pallone, Jr., a Democrat from New Jersey for “himself, Mr. Sires, Ms. Norton, Mr. Cárdenas, Mr. Khanna, Mr. Pascrell, Ms. Schakowsky, Mr. Hastings, Ms. Clarke of New York, Mr. Carbajal, Mr. Soto, Mr. McGovern, Ms. Kelly of Illinois, and Mr. Rush).” It has been referred to the Committee on Energy and Commerce and the Committee on the Judiciary.

Unsure how a bill passes? Click here. And remember, the Dems took back the House this election.

Think this doesn’t concern you because you don’t build guns? It does. In Washington State an untold number of guns are about to be redefined as “assault weapons” thanks to the vague, blatantly anti-gun wording of the 1639. H.R. 7115 will concern you because if it passes (yes, the GOP still has the Senate and presidency) because it’s nationwide. Goodbye AR builds, goodbye Polymer80 handgun builds, goodbye enormous chunk of gun rights.

The language of this bill should worry you. You should take it upon yourself to call your representative. If you can, you should donate to the firearms advocacy group of your choice (and here I will mirror what a respected member of the industry said over the summer: if you’re not part of the NRA you’re part of the problem. I may not love everything they do — I may even loathe some of it — but they remain our best chance of coming out of this fight at least somewhat intact, so suck it up, buttercup.).

There should be an outcry, not this deafening silence. Yes, I’m angry. I’m tired of seeing gun rights eaten away in tiny, unassuming bites and deeper, gouging chunks with only the most ardent among us actively fighting against it.

The far left is picking a fight with an industry that counts its participants by the tens of millions – strike that, by the hundreds of millions. If close to half of Americans own guns (they do) and more than that shoot or hunt now and then, why aren’t we winning these smackdowns casually and without much effort? Oh yeah, complacency.

Get it together, people. The fight for our rights isn’t in 2020 or 2024, it’s here. Right. Now.

comments

1. avatar barnbwt says:

Good luck passing that.

Better luck enforcing it.

Best of luck dealing with the unintended consequences.

Not one more inch. And banning bump stocks used up about 3/4 of that inch.

1. avatar arc says:

Idiot traitors

1. avatar Sam I Am says:

“I guess gun shops will have to advertise aluminum stock, rather than 80% lowers.”

Wouldn’t take much of a prosecutor to argue that the block of aluminum, along with the CNC machine in your shed/garage/basement amount to “constructive possession” of a prohibited item.

1. avatar Ken says:

I agree. Any scrap metal while in possesion of a file and a drill could be constructive possession any time they wish to go that way. Just like when some folks get arrested for owning “bomb making materials” like nail polish remover, some hydrogen peroxide and an old bottle of lemon juice in the refrigerator. Intent is not a requirement of this proposed legislation.

2. avatar warfab says:

The average person also has the chemicals necessary to make a deadly poisonous gas in their cleaning supply closet. Are they going to argue “constructive possession” of those chemicals too? They’re going to have to start regulating everything if they go down this road. The law is going to become so all encompassing that it is pointless.

3. avatar Sam I Am says:

“The average person also has the chemicals necessary to make a deadly poisonous gas in their cleaning supply closet. Are they going to argue “constructive possession” of those chemicals too? ”

When the government finds that useful.

4. avatar arc says:

Please don’t mix bleach with vinegar…

Or solidified pool bleach with agricultural strength vinegar…

5. avatar Kyle says:

They are merely totalitarian despots with democrat trappings.

6. avatar Sam I Am says:

“The more laws they pass, the more criminals they create from whole cloth, the more they simply prove what the right wing, once fringe right wing has always said.”

The more laws they pass, the more criminals they create from whole cloth, the more they simply prove what Ayn Rand has always said.

Fixed it for ya.

7. avatar Lalaland says:

Yes Ken, I am sure “people” get arrested quite often for owning nail polish, lemon juice, etc. Maybe you forgot to read the part mentioning the meth lab in the garage.

8. avatar Rick says:

9. avatar Sam I Am says:

“So since I own a hacksaw, does that mean constructive possession of SBR making materials.?”

Having all the materials available on your property to create a silencer is considered “constructive possession”, so the hacksaw with the right materials present could be construed. Depends on how bad the government wants to make you an example.

2. avatar Anonymous says:

the following shall be considered banned hazardous products under section 8 of such Act (15 U.S.C. 2057):

LOL!

The joke has become reality!!!:

Years ago..in like 2014, TTAG had an article where we laughed at democrats trying to ban blocks of metal that could be used for anything. Here we are.

2. avatar Tony Cox says:

“Good luck passing that”

You do remember that the House just flipped democrat? If this goes before the House it’s going to pass easily. When it goes before the Senate? I’m not so sure one way or the other.

1. avatar arc says:

Why do you think they are trying to steal elections in Florida and already stole one in Arizona?

Last ditch would be a VETO but I got a feeling trump will bargin for something… the only paletable deal would be complete and full funding for not just a wall but a massive, 40′ tall, big beautiful wall.

But probably won’t happen, just another nail in the 2A coffin.

1. avatar Don says:

a time for a united defense of freedom has come we must fight against the commies who want to take away freedom WAR is upon us

2. avatar Arc says:

Mhmm, it started years ago. Its only just now getting hot with the riot and hate groups. Party warfare. etc. hopefully we can push back and keep the republic at the ballot box. Sometimes battles are lost in politics, sometimes they are won. We have been winning quite a bit since the 2000s, even if it goes the other way, its not the end yet.

2. avatar JohnS says:

The bill was introduced in THIS Congress, the 115th.

The 115th Congress ends January 3, 2019; the newly elected members of Congress take office that same day.

There is no possibility – none – that 7115 can pass the House, and the Senate, and get to the President, by next January 3.

So, we can wait for a similar bill to be introduced in January.

3. avatar Whoopie says:

Yep, just a Democrat circle-jerk to assuage their radical base. They know this won’t go anywhere in the senate or past Trump’s veto. Same like all their upcoming subpoenas and impeachment. In the end, Trump will be able to campaign against the do-nothing congress in 2020.

4. avatar Samuel Stephens says:

There’s an uprising on the horizon and dumb Kommunist Democrats are going to be the catalysts and the ignition source. MOLON LABE

5. avatar Don Becker says:

How many of these homemade guns have been used in real crimes like murder, robbery, etc.? You know if they were it would be at the top of the news story.
      Seems like a poor use of their legislative time and effort.

1. avatar Toni says:

they are more concerned with guns in the hands of the typically law abiding than they are genuine criminals. The reason why they are is because it is from the ranks of the typically law abiding that those who would fight for liberty come. They want absolute power, so given what i have just said why do you think these laws matter to them?

2. avatar Mark says:

This bill has 16 cosponsors. Perhaps lets keep an eye on it but actually focus on things that matter. Of course contact your congressman (mine is a Communist btw) but by all means if you lose sleep over this one you aren’t very astute.

1. avatar California Richard says:

You forgot to put “quotation marks” on that statement, and the “Warsaw Jew, 1939” attribution at the end.

3. avatar Mark says:

And if you haven’t already stockpiled a lifetime supply of rifles and pistols by now then you are a moron.

1. I have. One rifle and one pistol and they will last me a lifetime.
      On the other hand, if you aren’t stockpiling a lifetime of ammo, you are a moron.

1. avatar Tom in Oregon says:

I’ve got a lifetime (mine), of .22.
        Other calibers? I’ve gotta ways to go.
        I need moar 9mm, .45, .300 blackout, and .300 wsm.

1. avatar Joe Grine says:

You need more 5.7×28

2. avatar RA-15 says:

Michael , totally right. Keep them well oiled ,and ready. And most important , get as much ammo as you possibly can , while we still can. I would bet that we will soon see empty ammo shelves at our local places of purchase. Stock up now !!

3. avatar LarryinTX says:

Assuming you own a 9mm and a 5.56, a couple hundred rounds is all you need for TEOTWAWKI, you can always just pick it up off the ground, but for normal uses you might want to anticipate a drought.

2. avatar Jeff says:

I’d add to Michael’s reply ref having a stockpile of ammo to consider learning to reload and stocking up on ammo components over the next few years. Ammo shortage? What ammo shortage.

I would also suggest a minimum of two rifles, two handguns, and two shotguns. Toss in enough parts to keep what you have in good repair.

The bunch that are soon to takeover the House don’t seem that smart and have forgotten the new makeup of SCOTUS, the Senate, or who is in the Whitehouse. Guess they have to throw a burger to their base to keep them happy even if the burger is all bread and no meat.

1. avatar Kenny says:

Jeff the idea of taking up reloading to avoid a future ammo shortage sounds like a sound plan unless you remember that during the last ammo drought reloading supplies were hard to come by as well. I learned my lesson. I try to keep the calibers I own to the most popular which usually means the cheapest. 22lr, 9mm, .223, .308, and 12 Guage shotgun. Then I try to buy a box of one them on payday. If I find a great sale like when I found Winchester M-22 ammo for half off at wally world I get as much as I can. Find a friend to split a large online order with you works well too.

1. avatar strych9 says:

Buy components while you can and police your brass when you’re at the range. You will rapidly find that you have the ability to make more ammo than you have patience to sit down and actually make.

2. avatar larrylarry says:

you have to adjust your goals a little. If you want to keep shooting your pet load that gets you 1/349034 MOA, then you have to be picky. I you just want something that goes bang and is accurate enough, you can get by with some of the less popular powders that are more likely to stay on the shelves longer. I know I ran into that the last time around. .223 has a ton of suitable powders.The issue I had was getting primers. Well, getting primers that weren’t 2x the regular price.

also keep an eye out for deals on bullets. Midway often has “blemished” .224 bullets cheap per 500. I can’t see a blemish, so I assume they are unbalanced or something. For general shooting, you can get a bunch cheap and stock up

2. avatar Perry says:

+1 Learn to reload. Brass is easy to find at the range. One pound of powder ($30) will load about 1200 pistol rounds. Just be sure to have enough primers and lead.

3. avatar Lalaland says:

Or you have a family and other financial obligations, and you don’t have a big income. I am not going to feed my kids mac and cheese everyday to stock pile gun parts and ammo.

1. avatar arc says:

Depends if you have hunting land or not.

2. avatar Stinkeye says:

Kids love mac and cheese.

1. avatar Ansel Hazen says:

They also love to shoot. Make sure you teach em.

3. avatar neiowa says:

If you don’t have, in your home, an AR (with mags/acccess and ammo) for each kid then you area WRONG. When it stars are going to hand them a baseball bat or a yard rake. Think that college savings plan will matter?

1. avatar Toni says:

far better than college is to instill in them a love of learning and teaching themselves along with thinking for themselves. Mass education these days is simply and indoctrination program for those who would see us all slaves

4. avatar TrueBornSonofLiberty says:

In addition to a boatload of AR’s I already owned, I bought 2 lowers a month for the year before the 2016 election. I’m also good on pistols. I reckon I have a larger stockpile of firearms and ammo than my metropolitan police force.

1. avatar arc says:

Should have bought upper barrel assemblies and triggers, those parts are significantly harder to make than a lower.

4. avatar Ranger Rick says:

Of all the things needing to be done this is the priority of the socialists? Figures.

1. avatar Pg2 says:

They can’t take your private property or force medical procedures on you if you’re armed.

1. avatar CZJay says:

They can and will send a bullet into your cranium with surgical precision.

1. avatar New Continental Army says:

Hrm no. Oh they’ll gladly put a bullet in each of our heads, but it won’t be with surgical precision.

2. avatar Pg2 says:

Had the Russians stood up to the bolsheviks it would have been game over. They didn’t, and it cost them 20-30,000,000 lives.

3. avatar Toni says:

over the life of the soviet union it may well be that the figure may be closer to 120,000,000. This is from people such as Alexander Solzhenitzyn

5. avatar Sam I Am says:

I don’t build guns; this proposed law doesn’t affect me. If I did build guns, it would be a shotgun or a sporting rifle, not an assault weapon, so this law wouldn’t affect me. I only have a .22 target pistol; low caliber guns don’t cause crimes, so this law wouldn’t affect me. Only people with dangerous guns should be concerned.

Everyone knows that every gun must have a registered serial number so police can track down the killers and robbers. It is settled science that serial numbers on guns result in identifying the killer or shooter in just about 99% of the cases. Guns without numbers cannot be traced, guns with numbers result in arrests in quick time.

The Second Amendment protects the right to have some guns, it does not protect the right for individuals to make their own; only certified manufacturers should be able to make guns. There have been 307 mass shootings (meaning bunches and bunches of people killed), and untraceable guns make the problem for cops worse. Serialized and registered guns save lives because cops can stop the killer quickly, before more people are shot. People aren’t the problem. People with guns are the problem. Stop blaming gun deaths on people who don’t have guns, and people who shouldn’t have guns !

Beware the trap.

1. avatar GunnyGene says:

Your post drips with sarcasm. 😉

1. avatar Sam I Am says:

“Your post drips with sarcasm. 😉”

Indeed; a design feature.

2. avatar Sua Sponte says:

There aren’t enough hours in the day to comment on this hot mess…..Unless of course this is some really good sarcasm…

1. avatar Sam I Am says:

“There aren’t enough hours in the day to comment and point out all that is just either ignorant or outright wrong on this hot mess..”

It is actually more simple than you think. Have another go at it.

Just for laughs.

2. avatar RA-15 says:

It doesn’t get any better !!

1. avatar Sam I Am says:

“It doesn’t get any better !!”

Is this a swing and a miss, or kudos?

3. avatar How_Terrible says:

You turned the sarcasm nob all the way up to 11.

1. avatar Sam I Am says:

“You turned the sarcasm nob all the way up to 11.”

Glad you enjoyed it. Hope you got a coupla laughs.

4. avatar New Continental Army says:

Yeah I heard there was 87 mass shootings today alone.

1. avatar Sam I Am says:

“Yeah I heard there was 87 mass shootings today alone.”

I think you misunderstood what you heard – the number was clearly 97.

1. avatar Frank Booth says:

I heard there were 6 Gorillion mass shootings today.

2. avatar Sam I Am says:

“I heard there were 6 Gorillion mass shootings today.”

Now you’re just makin’ stuff up; no Creedmoor ammunition was involved.

3. avatar New Continental Army says:

4. avatar Sam I Am says:

“Oh you are correct. Just like how over 2 million Americans are killed per day by gun violence overall.”

Indisputable fact; saw it on the internet.

5. avatar Aproffer says:

6. avatar Sam I Am says:

“That was in Chicago alone, the rest of the USA was out hunting and no mass shootings and there was about million guns involved…”

Are you sure? Some of those hunters use weapons of war. Easily take out an entire herd of elk at once.

7. avatar LarryinTX says:

Who was it announced that we were having 97 million killed every day? Was that Obama? I barely survived the laughing fit.

8. avatar Sam I Am says:

“97” was a correction to alleged reports of 87 mass shootings on the day the comment was lodged (meaning the same number happen every day). Not sure how “million” got in there. the Virginia governor did claim 93 million are killed every day, but not 93 million mass shootings every day.

5. avatar RA-15 says:

Butt , Butt , Butt , ……… Guns ? CZJay I will be LMAO all night 😏

6. avatar HP says:

I admit you had me perplexed and even a bit fooled the first time I saw one of your posts here. Now I’m a fan. Well done.

1. avatar Sam I Am says:

Thank you. Trying to add a bit of odd flavor to the game.

7. avatar Owen says:

You hurt my “feels”.

“You hurt my “feels”.”

Wah. My bad.

8. avatar James Garrison says:

Tell that to the folks in Washington State 10/22s are now a assault rifle there and so are semi auto shotguns .

1. avatar Sam I Am says:

I think this is definitely a swing and a miss. A re-visit to the original comment might be fruitful.

9. avatar Scot says:

I have a couple of guns that I bought legally in high school that were never serialized as there was not a legal requirement to do so.

1. avatar Sam I Am says:

“There has NEVER been a mass murder committed with a firearm that started as an 80% receiver.”

But it could happen. Somebody might snap. Having secret guns encourages ne’er do wells to be more edgy than the average person. Secret guns make it impossible to trace the weapon to the criminal (and would reduce the number of bad people arrested for gun crime). Besides, it is no more difficult to get a gun than buying a package of pumpkin seed. Plenty of guns available at stores, only someone wanting to hide from law enforcement would want a gun that can’t be traced to them. People like that harbor anger and hate and bad feelings and stuff. If a person is not considering a crime, what difference does it make whether the gun has a serial number? If you aren’t doing anything wrong, what is the problem letting people know you are building a gun, and acting like a responsible gun builder? Taking your guns away might not be the way to go, but following common sense gun laws preventing secret guns is just rational, reasonable, caring and safer for everyone.

10. avatar Perry says:

1. avatar Sam I Am says:

“All good sarcasm has the seeds of “you have been trolled.” Including “settled science” was artful.”

The keys for those reading beyond the surface were: “settled science”; “bunches and bunches”; “Beware the trap”.

I try to make comments sound plausible as a liberal mush-brain might write, but say things even the most muddled-brained anti-gunner would never say.

11. avatar Billy M says:

Let me see, I don’t build guns so this law does not effect me, however, I do own a drill press and I do have scrap metals laying around. Mostly brass fittings from plumbing jobs, some aluminum and steal, as well. Does this mean I could be arrested, because I have the means although not the ability, aka the talent or knowledge to fabricate a billet.

I own very few guns, a 9mm Pc carbine riffle, a 9 mm pistol, and a 22lr. I had some ammo on hand, which then my family from California came to visit over thanksgiving holiday and we shot it up and now I am ammo poor with the exception of one magazine for the pistol until next sale or visit.

Now since I bought my guns at a big box store and all guns are registered, and if this law passes do they have the right to come to my home without a warrant to check to make sure I’m compliant.

So how would they know who is making them, and if I go to the gun range does that mean they (the law) have a right to harass me now without a warrant and check my guns to make sure they have a serial number because they have probable cause to suspect that all weapons may be a ghost anytime they see one, giving them (the law) just cause to harass without a warrant because suspicion is enough.

I can see how this law might infringe on the second amendment but what about the 4th, the 5th, and the 14th. I can see how it might infringe on those as well which would mean these people (aka law makers) are going to war with the constitution and is that not treason.

If that is the case then those people (the ones warring against the constitution) looses their position in the government, at least that is how the law is written. So why don’t we use that against them? It states anyone under the color of law that wars against the constitution commits treason loose their immunity and can be sued or arrested as an individual for violating peoples constitutional rights.

6. avatar strych9 says:

If passed by the House it dies in the Senate.

And by “dies” I do mean “dies” something like this won’t hang around for potential passage later. A Senate committee or sub-committee will flat out kill it dead if for no other reason that to spite the Democrats in the House.

1. Considering that neither the SHARE Act or HPA ever saw Daylight. Neither will HR 7115…

1. avatar Rusty Chains says:

You made my point for me. Additionally this is a sop to the anti-gun left, since it automatically gets trashed as soon as the next Congress gets sworn in come January.

The real danger is a Red Flag bill since stupid Republican Senators could easily fall for it. There are still too many go along to get along Republican Senators in D.C.

1. avatar TheUnspoken says:

I think the article makes a good point, and I don’t think we should count on our Senate to save our rights for us. People already sound complacent “ha, this will automatically die in the Senate or Trump will veto. Let’s just go to sleep politically, we are safe.”

Apparently then we have given up on anything pro gun being done unless it comes from the Supreme Court, and if we just go to sleep for the next two years we have no guarantee for the next elections either. This is a good example of trying to chip away at gun rights piece by piece. Sure they will offer some AWB bills, but also see what is the minimum amount of gun control they can get. Do people not understand or support 3D printed guns? They will go for that. Or maybe a small gun violence tax on ammo? Tweak an import law, raise the NFA tax by $50, they just need a good shooting scare, some dead kids, and need to do something… Florida Republicans were willing to pass a vague ban on possession of bump stocks and maybe binary triggers or cranks or belts, raise purchase age to 21, tried really hard to accept a two year moratoriums on AR sales by voice vote, and red flag, and however things end up we will be getting a new gun control senator from Florida.

I don’t think that an overt ban all rifles or confiscate AR bill would, but I could see some more incremental losses if we aren’t vigilant.

2. avatar Mark N. says:

The point Rusty was making is simply this: unless the bill passes out of the House and is voted on by the Senate prior to midnight, January 2, 2019, it dies and a new bill will have to be introduced by the new House members after they are sworn in on January 3. Basically, this particular bill is on life support; it is only a problem when it rises from the dead next session with a new number.

3. avatar strych9 says:

Rusty:

A good point on the red flag bill. That one is common sensical enough that the morons might go for it.

Unspoken:

I’m sure as hell not suggesting that anyone “go to sleep”. I’m just pointing out that this bill doesn’t have a chance in hell of passing.

The Dems in the House are playing games. And if you think about it so are the Republicans in the Senate. They’ll probably pass this bill in the House, it will go to the Senate and it will die there. Then the Democrats will say to their base “Well we tried to get some common sense gun laws on the books but those damn Republicans stopped us!”. Meanwhile the Republicans will run to their base and say “Those bastard Democrats in the House tried to restrict your gun rights but we stopped ’em cold!”.

Both sides will put this in mailers, emails and any other communications that they can with the attached message being “We did/tried to do right by you. Please give us money and votes!”

4. avatar balais says:

“I still want to be able to buy parts kits and import stuff, I am not content with “well, I got my cnc machine and block of metal so I can make what I want.” I want to be able to purchase what I want and possess what I want without having to make it on the sly. That doesn’t sound like freedom to me.”

Im with unspoken on this

Im a builder and not being able to buy parts kits or build anything would suck big time

2. avatar Mad Max says:

I hope the Senate kills the UN Arms Trade Treaty while they can. Come to think of it, with crap like UN General Assembly Report A/73/305, maybe the Senate should try to kill the UN.

7. avatar barnbwt says:

“Complacency and an expectation someone else will handle the heavy lifting have brought us to this point. For all the claims of Second Amendment support in the gun community, far too few actually take active steps to maintain those rights, let alone further them.”

“Someone else?” You mean the NRA who millions of gun owners have donated time & money to for decades, so they can help fight this battle? Because they were told by sources like this website the whole time no one could fight the anti’s but the trusty 800lb gorilla? Because they eagerly suck all the oxygen out of the room for an *actual* national-scale civil rights activist organization to develop?

For all the claims of Second Amendment support in the NRA, they’ve done Jack squat in the last couple decades to do anything but *sometimes* help focus resistance against the passage of more gun control at the state or federal level. State level victories are almost unanimously the work of local state groups, with at best some small measure of legal or financial NRA backing. They’ve had decades to badger reps to vote on bills that take our vulnerable issues off the table permanently, they’ve had decades to primary out worthless turds that can’t be bothered to do anything but soak up fundraising dollars at their convention while spitting pretty words about freedom and civil rights. And now we find ourselves, once again, with the NRA back on its heels, after both failing to lobby successfully on our behalf against gun control, as well as dividing their own membership by failing to clearly reject pointless gun control measures like banning bump stocks and red flag laws. And that assessment is being VERY charitable. We all know they actually endorsed these measures briefly before reaping a huge backlash from outraged members and reversing course, further ruining whatever lobbying impact they were attempting to make.

No need to restate the whole train of abuses and failures; we’re all very aware of them at this point, whether we still have faith in the NRA or not. We need to boot the leadership next spring; there is really no alternative left at this point. By the time the NRA collapses under its own incompetent management or is completely converged by the GOP into a political fundraising organ, we’ll have no rights left. The NRA will never get out of the way and let a serious group come onto its stage and start making meaningful progress; it is too invested in the status quo of patchwork gun control and creeping incrementalism. It must be reformed from within, by the members, in person, at the convention; there is no other better option remaining that will get the attention of the plutocratic and ineffective management.

1. avatar Defens says:

Amen. I’m a strong NRA supporter. Patriot Life Benefactor (whatever that is) member, who has contributed a ton of $$$. Particularly when the call to arms came out in Washington on I-1639, I stepped up my contributions. They had a few “grassroots” organizing meetings, but I saw not one, not a single one commercial or even lawn sign (except my own) against this initiative. SAF and CCRKBA were also invisible in the campaign for this. I’m royally pissed off that my contributions went for naught – unless SAF is playing sixteen dimensional chess to get it thrown out in the courts (good luck with that, in our leftist leaning state supreme court.

I’m not really too worried about this latest anti-gun atrocity seeing the light of the House floor. But I’m really concerned that if it did, will onlinemetals.com be banned from advertising 7075 bar stock? Because that’s all I need to machine all the AR-15 lowers I want in my garage. This proposed law drips of prior restraint in so many ways, even if it passed, it would be struck down quickly. Filing this bill was the Democrat’s version of National Reciprocity and the Hearing Protection Act. “Hey lookee! Doing something for our constituents!” and then not a peep after that.

2. avatar rdsii64 says:

This is the reason I let my NRA membership laps.
      Until I see better from them, I will not renew.

1. avatar tsbhoa.p.jr says:

i hope you were wearing a loincloth or at least a codpiece.

3. avatar John Varney says:

I agree 100%!

4. avatar John Varney says:

Soros or Bloomberg paying for you now? We regular everyday Americans have been donating and calling for the past year and the NRA and other groups that we have generously donated to and joined sit on their hands or gives another inch.
      Have been asleep the last year? the NRA boosted record membership and donations! I know many local groups that had a growth explosion. Yet you blame us, the everyday gun owner who has done all you mentioned and more? WTF you should put the blame where it belongs, these huge gun groups that take and take and take but never seem to spend other than a small case here and there. and you blame us? shame on you!
      In case you were wondering, Yes! this article insulted me!!

1. avatar Sam I Am says:

“Yes! this article insulted me!!”

Once a person is insulted, it is difficult to carry on a conversation…but let me try.

The thrust of the article is that too many (not every) pro-2A people donate cash to some group in hopes that group will “fight the fight”. The assertion is true. The rub is in the low energy gun owners display on the national scene.

I watched a number of videos and news reports about the thousands and thousands who filled stadiums and convention centers, just to hear President Trump. The crowds were simply enormous. But the contrast is the most recent pro-gun rally in Tallahassee – 500 people, on a Saturday. We accept that there are at least 100,000,000 gun owners. Why do we not see Trump-like rallies for protecting and preserving the Second Amendment? If gun owners could routinely fill events with the numbers who attend Trump rallies, we could not be ignored by media, and we would thoroughly swamp any squishy politicians. It is called a grass roots movement. The Tea Party did not grow out of any organization; look what was accomplished. Why do we not have such a movement to represent gun owners?

We need people to donate to organizations to fight in the courts. We need people to donate to organizations who can effectively lobby legislatures. But we need to find a way to energize a crowd of millions who make themselves visible and heard. Look at Trump rallies. Do you suspect there are people in the crowd who are gun owners? Most? Some? A few? What keeps large numbers of gun owners from leveraging their numbers? How do we overcome that?

This is not a matter of you being accused personally, it is a matter of energizing the base (POTG), and becoming a force that can’t be ignored.

1. avatar Kat Ainsworth says:

Sam I Am, you rock. Well said (and thank you).

2. avatar Sam I Am says:

Ah ‘preciate your note.

3. avatar RA-15 says:

Can not be ignored & will not be ignored !! There is no room for passive aggressive in this fight , we stand up for our right’s , we do not allow the anti’s to steal what our founding fathers granted us. That is how it must be. The true criminals , are the ones that want to take what is rightfully ours. As someone said ” banning bumpstock’s they used 3/4 of their inch ” that is all they get.

4. avatar Sam I Am says:

Not sure of the object here, but the matter of the moment isn’t whether to take action, or take no action, but which actions. And by whom. The organizations? The gun owners? Both? How?

5. avatar Indiana Farmer says:

Gun Owners of America is the worthy gun rights group that COULD replace the NRA, if at a minimum, gun owners would stop being so damn wedded to the NRA for nothing in return. The original article has a point… with over 100 million gun owners in the USA, and the NRA having a paltry 6 million members, there should be at least 5-10 times as many gun owners joining an effective gun rights group and being active in the fight to protect our rights at all levels of government.

Everyone needs to stop ASSUMING. Stop assuming that someone else will do anything, stop assuming that antigun measures will be defeated, stop assuming that lawsuits or a criminal case or a black swan event will magically make everything alright once again.

“A constitution of government, once changed from freedom, can NEVER be restored. Liberty, once lost is LOST FOREVER.” – John Adams (emphasis mine)

All of you had better start preparing as though America is about to go full Communist, complete with secret police, secret courts, gulags, millions executed by murder squads, EVERYTHING. Because it will be a FACT next time the Demorats get full control of the government, and they WILL, it is just a matter of time. They are getting desperate and they’re willing to commit wholesale election rigging, GOP be damned, and the GOP will do shit about it.

When it happens, you’d better have tens of thousands of rounds laid up, cached in strategic hides, along with the B’s: beans bandages bibles etc. You had better already invested lots of time training tactically with a group of people you know and trust as a citizens militia should. You had better developed tactics, techniques and procedures to deal with as many contingencies as your imagination can dream of. You had better develop a resistance support network to allow you to fight an insurgency, and the communications to go with it!

Look; you’re barking up the wrong tree if you think that ANY part of the government will be nice to us, let alone ‘save us’. No lawyers will take us back to 1776. No courts will do that either. Everything since 1933 has been a holding action and thanks to the feckless surrender monkeys of the NRA, we have been losing major ground since 1968 – that was 50 years ago. Lost liberty is NEVER restored.

If you truly TRULY want your kids, your grandkids and posterity to be free, you’d better Ranger Up and prepare to fight while you’re young enough to do it… Because telling yourself that you’ll wait till the time is right, or that you’ll fight when they knock on your door, or when the decree goes out, that means you are planning on waiting till it’s too late. And it will be time to shit or get off the pot when the decree goes out, not after.

OK, I’m done venting my spleen. Rise to the occasion, gentlemen! Don’t be all talk but no action, like so many backwoods militia groups over the last 25 years. Dare to be as great as the founding generation, so that this nation may have a rebirth of freedom and not perish from this earth!

8. avatar MyName says:

1. avatar Sam I Am says:

“So, what are they gonna do about that CNC machine in my shop? Also, that chunk of aluminum? (That’s aluminium for you folks across the pond.)”

Should a law like this actually be passed and signed, one should expect the term “constructive possession” to become a “norm”. The mischief potential is high for prohibiting imports of raw steel/aluminum, possessing certain machinery that is capable of making “secret parts” if the right materials are purchasable (or on-hand).

1. avatar RA-15 says:

SAM I AM : kudos !!

1. avatar Sam I Am says:

Happy to be useful, but it was probably just a blind squirrel moment.

2. avatar The Old Guide says:

I watched a U-tube video of somebody making an AR lower out of an ingot of bronze.It is harder, stronger and more wear resistant than aluminum alloy.

The jigs, drills and bits for 80% lowers are still available.

2. avatar SoBe says:

As I read it, your CNC seems safe, until the next bill to come, but as long as you are not planning sale, acquisition, distribution in commerce, advertising of such, or import of your firearm receiver blank chunk of aluminum, you probably won’t need to have serial numbers on your chunk of aluminum, for now. However, I would be ordering that etching kit and start coming up with a number to etch on it soon.
      I wonder what would happen if everyone etched the same number on their receivers.

1. avatar MyName says:

I think 2A would make a good serial number.

1. avatar matt smith says:

2A247365

2. avatar Lonnie G Hopson says:

All my serial numbers would be…1776-2A-1789…just saying.

3. avatar Sam I Am says:

“All my serial numbers would be…1776-2A-1789…just saying.”

I kinda like BEachwood 45789

4. avatar Shallnot BeInfringed says:

“I kinda like BEachwood 45789”

At first I thought you meant 8675309…. ewww. I’d rather listen to Motown.

5. avatar Sam I Am says:

“At first I thought you meant 8675309…. ewww. I’d rather listen to Motown.”

Glad you caught the reference. As the old man said, “You hadda be there.”

6. avatar LarryinTX says:

Any old time.

9. avatar John E> says:

You do know how a bill becomes a law, right. Regardless of what Pelosi would like to think her Power is, there are two other branches required. The Senate and the Executive.

1. avatar GunnyGene says:

And both are “willing to deal”.

1. avatar Dan the Man says:

Exactly. We just got screwed by Republican leadership again and no one noticed. Republican Congressman Kevin McCarthy (from Commiefornia) was just elected as minority speaker of the house. McCarthy has a dismal 33 rating from Gun Owners of America which is lower than many democrats – the NRA has him rated as an A+. His opponent was Congressman Jim Jordan of Ohio who is rated by GOA at 80. Now we have another RINO Paul Ryan/John Boehner type back in the driver’s seat. What were the voting results from all these patriotic American MAGA-infused congressmen? 159 to 43 in favor of the RINO. If you don’t know what McCarthy looks like do a search and enjoy the pictures of him hugging Nancy Pelosi. Republican god Reagan banned machine guns and later supported and “assault weapon” and standard capacity mag ban. Daddy Bush banned imported “assault weapons” and later supported domestic “assault weapon” and standard capacity mag bans. Bush Jr. wanted to ban “assault weapons” but the renewal never made it to his desk. But I know, lifelong democrat supporter and former gun control advocate Trump is different. MAGA and all that. This is really troubling some of you and you want to scream at me even though I am an absolutist when it comes to the 2nd Amendment. Yes you want to attack someone who is really on your side and defend a gun grabber.

You know what we are going to get with all this work we did to get these people in office? A Trump-approved bump stock ban and probably a lot more with 100% approval from the chief deal maker. A magazine ban perhaps? Oh no not an over 10rd mag ban but maybe something like a ban on anything over 30 rounds. Or what about a ban on 80% receivers like mentioned in this article??? Trump can always say that if it weren’t for him that it could have been a lot worse. And the NRA will cheer him on and give A+ ratings to dozens of more McCarthys. There’s always the hope of getting a Republican majority some day in the future! That will save us! Really? What happened with Republicans in control of the House, Senate, and White House for two years? HPA? National reciprocity? Amnesty dream regarding NFA? No, they were too busy, it just wasn’t the right time, too much going on. Any excuses I missed? I’ve seen and heard the same thing for 40 years. Listen young guys & gals, if you want your 2A freedoms, you are going to have to dedicate a ton of time to preserve them but first, stop with the hero worship.

2. avatar SoBe says:

John E&gt, correction, there is only one other branch involved, the Executive (President). The Senate is part of the same branch as the House.

3. avatar neiowa says:

The demtard internal catfight hasn’t even started yet. The old dinosaurs (Pelosi’s crew of misfits) vs the coven of freshmen chick/etc agitators. If Nancy thinks that Cortz is going to sit down and shut up she is more delusional. The Strategy is to promote the infighting of the progs.

10. avatar Joe says:

Meh. Whatever.

11. avatar Shire-man says:

I love how legislation is like civilization in reverse.
    Gotta get those 100% receivers.
    Shit, now we gotta get those 80% receivers.
    Double shit, now we gotta get that aluminum stock.
    Triple shit, now we gotta register and track drill presses and lathes.
    Hot damn quadruple shit, we gotta round up anyone with mechanical skill and gas’em.
    They won’t be happy until we’re setting each other on fire and throwing stones at people like some of our more diverse, developmentally challenged societies.

12. avatar retmsgt says:

A simple trip to your local hardware store will provide you with all the material you need to produce a slamfire shotgun – no FFL, no serial number, no ten-day waiting period, whatever.

And the material purchased won’t even raise any eyebrows.

1. avatar neiowa says:

Depending on a “Liberator” would be the definition of a plan to fail.

13. avatar Draven says:

good luck passing the senate

1. avatar Geoff "Mess with the bull, get the horns" PR says:

“good luck passing the senate”

In two years, we will have to defend 20 Senate seats, compared to the Leftists’ 10.

I fully expect in two years a Leftist will be in the White House, control the lower house, and narrowly hold the Senate.

This is a very real possibility.

Don’t be surprised in two years if semi-auto firearms of all types are added to the NFA…

1. avatar arc says:

Only matters to those who still believe unjust and unconstitutional non-laws are in fact laws.

We live in system where every aspect of it from cradle to grave is rigged, controlled, and manipulated. Education is rigged, Politics are rigged, you get the idea. The only way to win is on the personal level and its to simply not play the game anymore.

1. avatar CZ Rider says:

Not playing the game will just ensure you end up as the next local news story about the police raiding your home to secure your arsenal of high powered military style assault weapons. Your apathy makes it that much easier to pick people off in ones and twos, hold them up to the idiot public as a sign that the cops are dutifully keeping them safe from those evil gunz, and secure a future where the next generation never even thinks to question “the way it’s always been”.

2. avatar neiowa says:

The best “friend” we will have is the demtards controlling the House. A coven of insane dysfunctional buffoons out for blood. The House Rep under Ryan the RINO didn’t get much done but the demtards thing their tiny will is a mandate for communism. NOT.

14. avatar GS650G says:

People who steal.guns, especially from cops, won’t have to worry about any of this shit.

1. avatar tsbhoa.p.jr says:

we got the ticket book from the wisco state trooper one time.

15. avatar Senior Gun Owner 1950 says:

Are they going to outlaw wood, iron water pipes,break line tubes and hose clamps too? Zip guns and slamfires are no brainer weapons that don’t require 3D printers, fancy machining equipment or much skill to put together.
    HE 7115 is just a political sop to the gun grabbing libertards that demand “WE’VE GOT TO DO SOMETHING.
    It has about as much of a chance of passage as a new assault weapon ban.

1. avatar Geoff "Mess with the bull, get the horns" PR says:

They sure as hell can pass a law that bans the sale of deep drills, chamber reamers, and other tooling needed to manufacture firearm barrels to anyone not a registered gunsmith.

Will you be happy with only slam-fire shotguns being home-built?

1. avatar tsbhoa.p.jr says:

yes. but not as.

16. avatar Maps Bam says:

“if you’re not part of the NRA you’re part of the problem.” Wrong. If you support the NRA you’re part of the problem since they do absolutely nothing except negotiate gun rights away. Boycott the NRA.

17. avatar adverse5 says:

If/when they come for your firearms, you will turn them over.

1. avatar Eli2016 says:

Oh yes, people will turn them over. As keyboard warriors go these forums are full of them. 2020 is just around the corner and the “blue wave” shows no signs of slowing down. AR-15’s first. Semi-auto’s next. We’ll be lucky to own knives in 10 years.

1. avatar New Continental Army says:

Yep and in 20 years you’ll be forced to be gay.

1. avatar Pg2 says:

Lol, it will be a hate crime to refuse gay sexual advances within 10 years.

2. avatar New Continental Army says:

😂 indeed. We laugh now, but this is likely in the pipeline somewhere already.

3. avatar Eli2016 says:

Isn’t that already a law in California?

4. avatar Pg2 says:

Laughing, but unfortunately only half joking.

5. avatar tsbhoa.p.jr says:

thank goodness. i’ll finally be able to hop off the fence.

2. avatar neiowa says:

What “blue wave” Even the morons at CNN won’t claim there was a “blue wave”. Even after decades of importing aliens. Or are you dumber than CNN?

2. avatar LarryinTX says:

My registered suppressed SBR, I will surrender, I knew that possibility when I bought it. Other guns, absolutely not, and the SBR they will not come in the house for.

3. avatar GS650G says:

They better do it one gun owner at a time, with half a dozen men.

That will take about 300 years to accomplish.

The left of course doesn’t see reality that this isn’t the UK or OZ where only a few people have guns. 1/3 the population , at least, owns guns. You are not about to gang up on all of them at once, you want “task forces” that go full no knock swat and plaster it on the news.
      In short you hope that convinces 99.9% to drop them in a big blue bin down at the station.

18. avatar CalGunsMD says:

Trump will sign it.

19. avatar uncommon_sense says:

1. avatar GunnyGene says:

If it passes, the definitions contained in the bill will become the law – Presto chango, my Sig 1911-22 will instantly become an “Assault Pistol” because it has a threaded barrel.

1. avatar uncommon_sense says:

This brief article did not indicate if the bill defines “assault weapons”. Apparently the actual bill therefore defines “assault weapons”?

1. avatar GunnyGene says:

Correct. I always take the extra few minutes to read the source material on things like this, regardless if the “report” comes from the Left, the Right, somewhere in between or from the man in the moon. Others should also, but often don’t.

2. avatar Sam I Am says:

“Even if that bill passed, I think it would be largely unenforceable since there is no legal definition of an “assault weapon”.”

Nothing happens in a vacuum; the Feinstein bill clearly describes “assault weapon” as any semi-automatic firearm. The bills will be combined.

3. avatar Tom Forrest says:

There is no legal definition of an “eighty percent lower” either. That is purely a marketing term. From a legal perspective, it is nothing more than a chunk of material. Sure, the government could (theoretically) restrict marketing techniques of such raw material, but given the fact that the firearms-building community is highly specialized to begin with, I doubt restrictions on wording will impact the consumer. I’m not defending or even shrugging this off, but I think the value is purely symbolic. Raw material is just that…nothing less, nothing more.

20. avatar Adam says:

—“For all the claims of Second Amendment support in the gun community, far too few actually take active steps to maintain those rights, let alone further them.”

And what action would the author of this article like us to do? At this point, I think it is safe to say that we are not in the majority. Mass shooting after mass shooting has turned the population against us. Even Republicans have to run on anti-gun platforms if they want to win elections.

We are quickly becoming a minority and it doesn’t look like the seas are going to change with the current “leadership” that we have in the pro-gun community.

1. avatar Indiana Farmer says:

Roll over, then. Why don’t you turn in your firearms already?

Surrender monkey.

21. avatar Chris T in KY says:

“First They came for the Bump Stock. And I was an owner of real machine guns or I had access to my friends full auto guns. I did not care to help those less fortunate than me. So the Bump Stock was banned. Now they are coming after the next new gun technology. ”

I said it before and I will say it again. You got legal marijuana intoxication, from the ones you supported. But they also were anti gun civil rights. Because they think “it” will never happen to them, being a violent crime victim. Getting high has always been more important to pot heads, than having armed self defense.

Homosexuals are the same way. They are socialist progressive in their political orientation. Their elected gay leaders have endorsed the racist Mulford Act in California. The term “gay rights ” has never included guns. They voted for Gavin Newsome because he publicly supported gay marriage. That is more important than having guns for self defense. They refused to follow what Harvey Milk had said back in 1978. “I have a gun. and everyone else should have one too.” Sadly he was murdered in a Gun Free Zone that was in part created by then city council woman Dianne Feinstein.

Unfortunately the majority of Jews have believed the JPFO was full of crazy fools.

If you want gun civil rights then your going to have to find a republican who supports gun rights. And openly support them in front of your fiends. And get your friends to vote republican as well.

Good luck with that.

BTW
    President Trumps fastest growing support is coming from black male voters. And the Democrats are scared to death.

1. I’ll just leave this here:

Stop shaming people. Start sharing people’s concerns.

If we are going to be effective at protecting our rights, we need to STOP assuming that Demographic-X is 100% anti-gun.

Oh, and while I have your attention: TERM LIMITS for senators (as proposed by Senator Ted Cruz) and STOP adding unrelated riders to bills. Maybe then we’ll get shit done.

1. avatar Dave R. says:

Mike, the Liberal Gun Club consists of the most worthless bunch of pansies ever. Just to keep tabs on the enemy, I’ve read their posts on this subject. Liberals are Liberals first, everything else is secondary. So while they do believe in the 2nd Amendment, they will gladly give it up to avoid supporting/voting for the Orange Man. Things like global warming, LGBTQRSTUVWXYZ rights, and identity politics are more important to these worthless f__ks. As is typical of liberals, they are going to ride in the wagon while we pull it.

2. avatar Pg2 says:

Next Democratic president w majority and we have things like mandatory vaccines for adults and children. That’s game over when the government decides what we have to inject into ourselves.

1. avatar tsbhoa.p.jr says:

my body, my syringes.

2. avatar pg2 says:

No doubt. Your posts imply mental impairment, consistent with ample syringe use.

3. avatar tsbhoa.p.jr says:

garbage in, garbage out.

4. avatar pg2 says:

you’re expert in both jr.

5. avatar tsbhoa.p.jr says:

that’s my fave body wash, axe spurt.

3. avatar Elaine D. says:

@MIke

Agree with this.

I belonged to the NRA for a while. Contacted them repeatedly about the need to be more inclusive in order to gain the support of women and liberal gun owners who are not their “typical” member. Offered to work on those issues for free. Tried for five years.

Nothing. Crickets.

There are a LOT of liberal and female gun owners who are not ever going to get on board with the NRA because of their deafness to anyone who is not “like them”, their ham handed, politically deaf approach to yelling at doctors and traumatized families To shut up about how they’ve been affected by gun violence, and their complete lack of interest in being more friendly and open to hearing from their members about, well, just about anything.

Forget it.

1. avatar balais says:

Thats because the NRA is a right wing organization that idiotically worships the alter of police badges and affirms leadership like Ollie North (a criminal who belongs in prison)

They are their own worst enemy, truth be told.

The NRA has an opportunity to push for our current firearms laws to be completely revamped, so that all of us owners of AR15s and the like don’t get completely screwed in the long run. But no, it looks like the later is the more likely outcome (hope im wrong).

Because the gun controllers have already made it adamantly clear they want UK or australia-style laws. They wont stop at nothing less.

2. avatar Scoutino says:

‘Gun violence’ is not a thing. Just like knife violence, sharp stick violence or brick violence. It’s fake, emotionally charged term made up by leftists with an axe to grind. Just like ‘assault weapon’ or ‘large capacity clip’.

3. avatar neiowa says:

So your solution is demtard identity group politics? Naive nonsense from the political clueless. Why I don’t bother to read you scribblings.

4. avatar pg2 says:

Gridlock is by design. Hoards of un-elected(therefore not accountable) administrators make the choices that affect most of us.

1. avatar LarryinTX says:

Hordes.

2. avatar Pg2 says:

Lol, thanks, spelling errors more common with age.

5. avatar neiowa says:

Mike are you totally politically nieve or just delusional? Political opinions, from those who have NEVER bothered to get involved in the process, aren’t even amusing.

2. avatar balais says:

Thats because many black americans are starting to realize a couple things

1.) Some of the most racist and pernicious laws that throw tens of thousands of black men in prison have been crafted by democrats, “who are supposed to be on their side”.

2.) Just like working class whites citizens have been losing ground for 40 years due to automation, legal and illegal immigration, and craptastic trade and economic policies, black american citizens have been losing *more* and have far more to lose with the democrat party’s Google, Facebook, and Amazon-driven open borders agenda.

22. avatar Dog of War says:

Well at this point we need to get a SCOTUS decision on the home building of firearms that will break the ability of these fucking traitors to the Republic from being able to just push this kind of crap again. I say the first step in that needs to be getting a positive result from DefCADs case. With that case solidified in SCOTUS precedent it will be a damn hard sell those scum bags from being able then ban produced firearms parts

1. avatar Geoff "Mess with the bull, get the horns" PR says:

“Well at this point we need to get a SCOTUS decision on the home building of firearms that will break the ability of these fucking traitors to the Republic from being able to just push this kind of crap again.”

For that to happen, that law will have to be passed *first*, and someone damaged by it.

Legal ‘standing’.

Or can SCOTUS tack that onto the challenge to the Defense Distributed 3-D firearm data lawsuit?

1. avatar Dog of War says:

Yeah, I know. Now I do want to make sure we can defeated it even before it get’s there. But a positive win on DefCAD’s case will make for good precedent for a positional challenge. But that said, yeah. I know how SCOTUS works. But ultimately I think this will end up before SCOTUS, which is why we need a win with DefCAD to help fight it.

23. avatar Adamanter says:

I guess that soda cans are fated to banned. It’s exceptionally _not hard_ to make a backyard foundry to ‘reclaim’ them into aluminum that you can cast into various shapes that can then be machined into more precise shapes. Lawnmower pistons or scrapped-out car engine parts, too. You can even shape styrofoam into the shape that you want to be cast, then mold sand around it, with the styrofoam melting away when the metal is poured in, for something approximating low-tech ‘investment casting’ a’la Ruger.

I’ve got too many loose ends of other projects to do it, but someone should make and greatly publicize making a lower out of reclaimed soda cans, to demonstrate the futility of this legislation.

1. avatar uncommon_sense says:

Several years ago I saw a photo series or video of someone using a sod shovel to create an AK-47 receiver. That video should accomplish your stated objective with flying colors.

1. avatar SoBe says:

There is a YouTube video (if they haven’t taken it down yet) of someone making and AR lower receiver out of old Coke cans. It had some cosmetic issues, but it came out completely functional. So, now we ban Coke and Pepsi wins the cola wars?

2. avatar Ivan Smirnoffski says:

Pop can AR lower with aluminum casting instructions: (He makes and fires his own aluminum cased cartridge as well.)

Brass cartridge case AR lower: (basically the aluminum lower all over again, but with brass now.)

Shovel AK: (It’s not a video but actually a forum post.)

I hope that helps, and be sure to get Jdownloader or something and download those videos before youtube bans them.

1. avatar Ivan Smirnoffski says:

I forgot to mention that the “Handmade Rifle” in Fallout 4 is an almost exact copy of the shovel ak all the way down to the shovel stock and welded on gas block.

24. avatar former water walker says:

Silly me…I was concerned about ILLinois going communist in 2 months. Now I need to worry about ya’ll building yer ghost guns. If Donnie doesn’t veto this BS(if it makes it past the senate) he’ll LOSE a boatload of votes. Duh…

25. avatar Richard J Coon says:

I think we should get all the manufacturers to start making peaceful guns instead of the violent ones I keep hearing about. How else could “gun violence” ever come about.

26. avatar Jay says:

It is illegal to take any gun rights away, they are guaranteed by the 2nd amendment and that can not be changed, they can pass bills all day but it does not change the constitution , they keep messing around they are going to find out why those rights were guaranteed in the 1st place. Their one world order and death for 7/8ths of the population isnt gonna fly, so dont even bother , the American people can be the largest armed army ina matter of minutes, so sit down and shut up, deal with it, Americans arent giving up their guns

27. I don’t own any lowers. But I do own a lot of paperweights….😉

28. avatar HP says:

It’s ok, if/when a bill like this passes, you suckers that elect these people and tolerate this can all just move to a free state.

1. avatar Warlocc says:

Winning comment.

29. avatar Nanashi says:

” if you’re not part of the NRA you’re part of the problem.”

Nah, the NRA is part of the problem.

1. avatar Michael Buley says:

Hadn’t seen that. Says all we need to know about the NRA — which I joined as a lifetime member many years ago.

1. avatar 43north says:

Two glaring differences between what is being proposed as “Red Flag” legislation – versus what Chris Cox suggests.

First: Due process. That a court needs to visit the whole issue – not merely agree with every request from anyone what-so-ever.

Example: The girlfriend who caught you cheating with her bestie 3 years ago – now claims you’re making her ‘uncomfortable’ and ‘concerned for her safety’ – as an ex-domestic partner.
        Under many of the proposed bills, that would qualify for the summary “Red Flag” order for confiscation.

Second: Cox suggests mandatory Court-ordered mental health intervention. That’s a step in the right direction for two reasons.
        a) some people need the intervention – the suicidal for one – the spree shooters at VA Tech, Tucson, Aurora, for others.
        Making evaluation and possible treatment as Court-mandated – suggests that the psychologist would indeed have to report back to the Court – not claim HIPAA “confidentiality” as the due cause for doing nothing.

b) The psychologist can also tell the Court – nothing to see here. I looked under the hood, no leaks, no loose belts, no frayed wires.

The legislation often proposed is completely different.
        “I accuse you…” and there’s little you can ever do to get those guns back.

Which I assure you is a feature, not defect. The NRA position is far better that what the Democrats have been offering State Legislatures.

1. avatar Elaine D. says:

@43

I’m not sure this is actually true. I’ve been doing some research on red flag laws.

It looks like in the places who have them the only people who can request the protective order are law enforcement for sure. In some places they have added family members and in one place, Delaware I think, mental health professionals. But that’s it. I only started researching but from what I’ve found so far it is NOT possible for some random person to request such an order.

2. avatar jwtaylor says:

Elaine,

In California, LE may make the request based on information from anyone. Anyone at all. As far as close family members, that is very loosely defined. It could even unclude an ex-spouses step children or grandparents.

This is directly from CA’s online guide for their “domestic violence firearms restraining order.”

“Close family members are:

Your spouse or domestic partner
          Your parents, children, siblings, grandparents, grandchildren and their spouses (including stepparents or stepgrandparents)
          Your spouse’s parents, children, siblings, grandparents and grandchildren
          Any person who regularly lives in your house now, or within the last 6 months.
          If you are not closely related to the person you want to restrain but are still concerned about what they may do with their gun, tell the police. The police may be willing to do ask for the restraining order, even if you or a close family member cannot or will not.”

3. avatar Elaine D. says:

@jwtaylor

So in the case of someone not directly related or a domestic partner or household member, it’s the discretion of law enforcement. Correct? Meaning that anyone can ask, but it’s LE that decides in that case whether to proceed. That’s how that read to me.

4. avatar jwtaylor says:

Elaine, no, that’s not how I read it at all, because of the extreme vagueness of “close family member.”
          The definition listed includes your ex roommates. Think about that. If your roommate gets weird, and you leave and go live with someone else, 5 months later that roommate can petition the court to remove any access to firearms from the person you are living with.
          Think about the potential abuse there. A stalker can have a young woman’s parents’ firearms removed from the home they are in and the only time those parents would find out about it would be when the police knocked on their door. And those police may not have any idea about the circumstances either, it could have come straight from the court. As we have seen, this is a recipe for disaster.
          But frankly, it doesn’t matter whether it is a close family member or the police. This is not due process. If the accused does not have his or her day in court, there is no justification for the removal of their civil liberties. There is no place for red flag laws in a free siciety.

2. avatar Shewish says:

“Strong due process protections” prior to temporary removal (permanent confiscation) of fire arms?
      Due process takes months at best. Perception is stronger than fact in the court of law. Outcome is based on the Judge and/or jury’s perception with no biases in check. The defendant is judged based not on truth but presentation (ie: legal representation skill, appearance, articulateness).

Who is going to pay for the “treatment” he mentions?
      We don’t provide our vets with adequate, expedient treatment for PSTD. Let’s sherk our responsibility some more and instead, spend the money we “obviously don’t have” on courts and therapy for someone somebody, anybody called a homicidal wack job, so they can keep their guns?
      That’s a hard sell. Even if it comes with the title to the Brooklyn Bridge.

1. avatar Shewish says:

I meant to post this under Chris Cox video.

30. avatar John says:

I bet Palmetto State Armory has their eye on this bill.

In fact the whole build your own rifle industry should be very concerned.

I built my 1st & 2nd AR platform rifle this year and they won’t be the last.

31. avatar Warlocc says:

It’s fine, just move to another state.

That’s what you’re supposed to say, isn’t it?

1. avatar HP says:

Notice how all of those snarky people are suddenly silent?

1. avatar balais says:

They are silent because thats a idiotic strategy. There’s a term for increasingly isolated pockets of people moving to certain areas: a reservation.

32. avatar Nick says:

Maybe all guns manufactured should come in hot pink with pretty flower patterns printed on them. That would stop all the crazies ,militia types, and diehards overnight from buying them.

1. avatar Paul Revere says:

Starbucks/ugg sponsored 80% lowers wouldn’t get fucked with ill betcha

33. avatar Chris says:

Not going to lie but this is not going to work cuz it pretty much prohibits building custom computer or custom remote control vehicles and anything custom.

34. avatar Steve Holsten says:

Hell NO. The Senate would not pass this Bullshit!

1. avatar tsbhoa.p.jr says:

bob keeshan?

35. avatar L84Cabo says:

Our founders would seriously be shooting people by now. Just sayin.

36. avatar Paul Revere says:

So styrofoam/gasoline is more dangerous than a chunk of 7075. wheres the line drawn. if people want to kill people they’ll find a way, leave the goddamn constitution alone. Don’t try to blanket punish lawful people for the few waterheaded assholes that go rogue. fuck that.

37. avatar Sick and tired of the politics says:

Trump has already proven multiple times how badly he has fooled you. Hillary for prison? The wall? The caravan arriving with confidence, the same war games in Afghanistan, picking up swamp creatures for his administration, it took him more than a year to realize Session was a fraud….

Don’t count too much on “good luck passing that”, the DNC took the House, and there are enough rino and traitors in the Senate. Just an example: assuming Rick Scott is confirmed as US Senator, he was in favor of the recent anti 2A laws in Florida when he was Governor.
    “But but Trump is going…”, yes sure, just like the rest mentioned above. He won’t, it will fail, and he will blame CNN or Pelosi.

38. avatar Gary Ramey says:

Thank you to Kat and TTAG for bringing this to light.
    Everyone in the firearms community should be outraged.

I-1639 may only be in Washington now, but it could spread to your state.
    As Kat mentioned, contact your elected Officials.
    This must be stopped.

1. avatar Kat Ainsworth says:

Thanks, Gary. One of these days perhaps more people will take this seriously. Unfortunately it may be too late when they finally do.

We need to talk about ammo. I was just talking to Keith about it a week or two back.

39. avatar John Ellis Bacon says:

There is NO SUCH THING S AN ASSUALT WEAPON! Assualt is an action not an object, therefore this bill is null and void!

1. avatar Vicrattlehead says:

Oh, it’s ok, they went ahead and defined it for us in the bill as any semiautomatic rifle with a detachable mag. They also added an equally broad definition for ‘assault pistol’ while they were at it.

1. avatar GunnyGene says:

.22 is not exempt from this definition either. So if you have a common .22pistol with a threaded barrel, you to could be the proud owner of a “Assault Pistol”.

40. avatar 22winmag says:

Yeah… working within the system (voting, donating to the NRA/political action committees, etc) is really gonna stop the madness and reverse the tide.

NOT!

1. avatar GunnyGene says:

This current bill is a Zombie. Have to shoot zombies in the head to kill ’em. Sometimes more than once.

41. NEWFLASH:

Liberal Vox news exclaims that US Constitutional Infringements and Authoritarianism are the way to go for nationwide gun control. Points to Massachusetts Draconian gun control schemes that discourage gun ownership as best for the nation.

1. avatar 22winmag says:

Who reads that shit besides little old ladies in dental office waiting rooms??

42. avatar L says:

Looks like aluminum is getting banned. What am I gonna wrap up leftover pizza with now?

1. avatar pg2 says:

If banning aluminum had anything to do with safety, they would have removed it from vaccines decades ago. We can only guess how many people this injected neurotoxin has neurologically disabled and destroyed these last several decades.

1. avatar tsbhoa.p.jr says:

rub some more right guard on your forehead and wrap it in kaiser broiler foil.

1. avatar pg2 says:

Make sure you wipe the all the drool off your keyboard after that 80 IQ response.

2. avatar tsbhoa.p.jr says:

“…the all the…”
          you can go back and fix those utilizing the edit feature.

3. avatar pg2 says:

…drool…..

4. avatar tsbhoa.p.jr says:

is that from your thorazine vaccine? bibs come full circle…

2. avatar Scoutino says:

Wrong blog. Anti vaxxer site is that way. ->

43. avatar aaron urbina says:

House Democrats are already putting their “moderates” on the spot with this one, and all the other agenda items they have, right out of the gate. They, “Hyper localized” and campaigned on Healthcare.. And of course immediately switch out to something else.

When will “moderate” republicans stop falling for the same BS tactics the Democrats have used for years? Honestly. I seriously want to know when all these “true conservative” types will finally realize they are actually really dumb and have consistently proven to be the problem, not anybody else.

1. avatar Elaine D. says:

@Aaron

Thing is, there are plenty of people who vote red who favor some measure of gun control. I live in a historically red state and the GOP gov is looking at ERPOs though so far they have been declined here as there are already laws in place that might cover the same issues.

this is true in several places.

It’s not like the route 91 concert was full of Democrats.

44. avatar lucky43113 says:

The NRA will most likely support this as they have many other anti gun bills, They have spoken against 3d printed guns wrotes the nics system helped pass the hughes amendment etc.. Not one inch.

1. avatar L says:

Sadly you are probably right, there is money behind banning the DIY market and you bet the NRA is likely getting some kickbacks to get behind the ban. I swear if they do, though…

2. avatar HP says:

The NRA stated they were opposed to “undetectable” guns, which is a thing that doesn’t actually exist. They didn’t come out against 3D printed guns. The NRA has screwed a lot of stuff up over the years, and is an organization that is evolving, though very slowly. But don’t cast them aside entirely.

In the meantime, the “not one inch” guys can ride their righteous indignation into the sunset along with what’s left of their gun rights. The horrible reality is that we’re stuck in a situation where the anti’s are going to manage to take rights, and we’re forced to capitulate to a degree to mitigate the damage. It shouldn’t be that way, but it is. Being angry online isn’t going to change it.

1. avatar L says:

“The horrible reality is that we’re stuck in a situation where the anti’s are going to manage to take rights, and we’re forced to capitulate to a degree to mitigate the damage.”

With that attitude, by 2032 all semis will be banned, you’ll need a permit ($300 annual renewal, subject to approval by ATF) to buy any gun after a 2-week universal waiting period which will be non-transferrable and will become state property after you die. Even then will you still be bargaining “well it’s okay if the antis get appeased with their 2 round limit on mags, at least they aren’t coming after our bolt guns. why would you need more than 2 rounds anyway? The antis are gonna take rights anyway may as well let them get this, we still have our guns!”

1. avatar CZJay says:

He sounds like a guy that simply pays the NRA to write their own bills to prolong the inevitable and make a bunch of cash as they watch the constitution burn. He won’t protest, he won’t show up where needed, he won’t put in the effort himself. He pays for someone else to do it for him but they don’t actually do those things, which is why they keep losing.

2. avatar HP says:

With that attitude or without it, your 2032 deadline will be met anyway. Unless there is a hard reset, all we can do is slow things down. That’s the point I was making. Purity, indignation, cutting and pasting parts of the constitution on gun blogs, you name it – none of it makes a difference. The sad fact is a sizable chunk of the American voting populace doesn’t see eye to eye with anyone who posts on this website. Even a lot of gun owners don’t.

To the CZJay fella – Those are some pretty wild conclusions you’ve come to. They definitely apply to some people, but I’m not one of them. A bit of head scratcher how you seemed to think that about me based on one comment. Oh well.

2. avatar balais says:

Thats a fact.

Its no longer about fantasy ‘would be nice’ ideas like national reciprocity or more constitutional carry or removing silencers from the NFA status. Its about not losing that badly or getting f–ked too hard in the @$$ when the antis want the UK or Australia style laws.

Well be lucky if future laws are like the 1994 AWB, id hate to say it. Or be lucky if they dont want to outright ban AR15s as a family of rifles outright

45. avatar Mike Bolton says:

Well, Ive lost all faith in Republicans. In fact Ive lost fairh in our govt. I served in USMC, to protect my rights, I vote, I own a home, a business, no criminal record, yet because of a few assholes Im villanized because I enjoy target shooting. I have no faith in Trump, he is a traitor, and the NRA fucked us all on bump stocks, so they are useless.
    Frankly until they start blaming drunk driving on the car, and call for a vehicle ban, I know its all bullshit lies and not about safety, but disarmament. Dont you think if liberals actually cared about childrens safety, there would be seatbelts in school buses by now?
    Im not registering shit, Im going to do what I want. Build what I want, when I want too.
    Let them come and try to disarm this Marine. Ill die, but Ill take everyone with me.

1. avatar pg2 says:

Your government has literally been owned by private interests since 1913. It’s just taking those private interests some time to fully deconstruct the concepts of individual freedoms this country was founded on. No worries though, they’re almost there.

2. avatar Sam I Am says:

” In fact Ive lost fairh in our govt.”

I’ve read the book. Evil triumphs over all, until suddenly it doesn’t. Let not your heart be troubled.

46. avatar Blade says:

Which is why we keep multiples of firearms and stockpile ammo … diversify and keep in several locations known only to you. Cache some in burial vaults for that day in the future when they may become useful. Never keep all your eggs in one basket as it were.

1. avatar GunnyGene says:

I live in the same basket as my eggs. And has been said, if it’s time to bury them it’s time to dig them up.

47. avatar Shewish says:

This is a direct copy paste from the the definitions section of the bill:
    (6) the term “semiautomatic pistol” means any repeating pistol that utilizes a portion of the energy of a firing cartridge to extract the fixed cartridge case and chamber the next round and requires a separate pull of the trigger to fire each cartridge;

Bolt action pistol, anyone?
    The definitions section is unkindly insightful.

Did you notice the part that said the number of serial numbers issued is to be tracked? As are the arrests for violations?

Other sections say things like: prior to beginning construction you have to apply for and get the serial # from a liscenced dealer for a fee (much of which will be dictated to the dealer), produce the serial # engraved (on a specific material) on the component within 10 days of issuance, produce the completed firearm for inspection within 30 days of issuance; anything made prior to 1968 that does not meet these qualifications is illegal, and the details in this bill are subject to other laws (ex: definitions, penalties, restrictions, what constitutes violations, will change as other laws change).
    The serial # details alone eliminate the non expedient, as time permits, DYI-er.
    It is a fluid law. What you see today is not what you get tomorrow. Without ever changing the wording of this bill, amendments to other laws, commerce regulations, and definitions etc. change it. It uses many maliable laws and regs, “per this Act, in accordance with that regulation”. Just as this bill states it inserts definitions and changes to existing law, so it can be changed.

1. avatar Shewish says:

Bolt action pistol, anyone?

2. avatar PRK543 says:

The bill’s language also defines all semi-automatic rifles and shotguns as AWs. They are not content for another slice of the pie. They want the entire thing.

1. avatar Shewish says:

Absolutely. The pistol was just an excerpt to show the extent.
        They’re not talking assault weapons that only big honking burly men can mustering.
        They’re talking all the way down to Granny’s pink pocket pistol.

48. avatar James W Crawford says:

1. avatar Sam I Am says:

“The people who buy these kits are NOT building guns. They are just pimple faced punks playing with an erector set. When they can drill and rifle a barrell, then they can claim that they build guns.”

Yep. The kind of gun owners you describe should be restricted from real firearms, and highly regulated because….real gun builders are protected by 2A, and pretenders should be held in high suspicion.

1. avatar James W Crawford says:

I actually don’t support this bill or anything like it. I’m just making the point that the level of expertise needed to assemble an AR-15 rifle with one of these kits is minimal. I built my first cannon back in junior high and have been involved in military projects that I’m not at liberty to talk about.
        I am still livid from having an alleged “gun expert” whose claim to expertise was assembling these kits testify at the trial of the marijuana bootlegger who fired 2 rounds from a 12 gauge shotgun at my son. This pimple faced punk invoked the Elmer Fudd defense by claiming that the bootlegger could not have been firing lethal slugs or buckshot because he had a full choke barrel. Trying to shoot slugs or buckshot would cause the gun to explode, just like in the Buggs Bunny cartoons. All the bootlegger could have been firing is light birdshot which is harmless! The judge actually allowed this fucker to get away with spewing this shit under oath in court.

1. avatar Sam I Am says:

“I’m all for you guys having your toy guns to assemble. Just don’t call yourselves gun experts.”

And I was pulling your nose. Gun assemblers are gun aficionados, and should be encouraged to up their skills – not disparaged. I do not have the tools to assemble a gun, but if I wanted one that wasn’t store-bought, I would find someone who could assemble the thing – gunsmiths are too pricey for me (and a custom-build from scratch too expensive for a plinker kinda guy)

49. avatar James W Crawford says:

How about hammers, anvils and forges?

1. avatar Sam I Am says:

“Are these idiots going to ban the civilian possession of lathes and milling machines?
      How about hammers, anvils and forges?”

Give it time, give it time; don’t be so impatient.

50. avatar Seth D. says:

How do y’all think current 80 builds will fall into this? Would they be grandfathered in or have a due date for stamping a #?

1. avatar GunnyGene says:

There is no grandfather clause in the bill, and much of it is connected to the Consumer Product Safety Act, which according to the bill will be amended to include the described firearms.

51. Unfortunately my representative is Kendra Horn (that embarrassing blue puddle in the middle of Oklahoma is hers). She is a known “Moms Demand” collaborator and there is no hope of her not supporting this.

52. avatar R Mage says:

“The language of this bill should worry you. You should take it upon yourself to call your representative.”….Naw, our founders would have wanted we the people and the states to DARE Congress and the President to pass this unlawful Act while preparing to defy it and while preparing to DARE the feds to come do something about it………..If you don’t believe me, I dare you to study Federalist Papers No. 46. Because NEVER in the Federalist Papers (or anywhere else) did our founders ever say, “If the federal government is about the pass an unlawful Act, the citizens must write their representatives and beg our servants in government to not pass this unlawful Act.” Their response to tyranny was quite different. 😉

53. avatar Jason says:

If they’re looking to start the revolution….this might work.

54. avatar Steven Rhine says:

I am in Vancouver, Washington and I run an 80% AK47/74 Building Hobby Shop http://www.iff-inc.com I Cater to Local area AK47/74 Builders. I am sure this will be the talk of the gun show in Portland, Oregon this weekend.

55. avatar Mad Max says:

Kavanaugh already wrote that semi-auto arms like the AR-15 are protected from being banned by the 2nd Amendment.

All we have to do is get him to write that in an majority opinion of a SCOTUS ruling.

1. avatar Nanashi says:

He also wrote that he was free to ignore the 2A if it was “tradition” to do so

56. avatar J says:

Looks like our Republican Senators and Representatives have let us down for 2 full years. Not one pro-2A piece of legislation was passed for them taunting pro-2A in their every bit of hot air to all of us for 2 years. The Senate is too tight right with us the loosing Arizona seat and Florida in chaos. We can thank all of our Republican Senators and Representatives for a job well done not protecting our 2nd Amendment rights.

57. avatar luigi says:

yeah no thank you

58. avatar Jean-Claude says:

I was on the fence about buying a P80 Glock lower. This made the decision for me. So now I have a PF940CL on the way.

I didn’t really NEED another Glock, but I guess I’m going to have another one.

I bet P80 sellers are being inundated right about now.

59. avatar MiserableBastard says:

WTF is this CNN now, this article is garbage.

60. avatar john says:

So i went to the linked page on how a bill is passed…..

“Vote – the bill is voted on. If passed, it is then sent to the other chamber unless that chamber already has a similar measure under consideration. If either chamber does not pass the bill then it dies. If the House and Senate pass the same bill then it is sent to the President. If the House and Senate pass different bills they are sent to Conference Committee. Most major legislation goes to a Conference Committee.”

Why are we worrying again? Dems dont control both, therefore there is no way it will make it to the presidents desk. Please correct if wrong.

61. avatar PeterK says:

I can’t get behind articles like this. This is not preaching to the choir it’s blaming them for crimes they didn’t commit. I’m getting sick of the chiding for not voting when I did vote. So knock it off.

Seriously. Come up with a better tone for articles like this, please. I know y’all can do better than this.

1. avatar Sam I Am says:

“I’m getting sick of the chiding for not voting when I did vote. So knock it off.”

Are you implying that because you are an activist for gun rights, articles exhorting others to take more responsibility is somehow aimed at you personally? Can’t help but conclude you think “preaching to the choir” is ineffective and wasteful because some in the choir don’t need the sermon. Would the choir be better served through silence regarding the atrocious inertia among gun owners? Fact: there are over 100 million gun owners. Fact: gun owners keep losing political battles regarding unconstitutional restrictions on firearms. Fact: if 100 million gun owners were active, no progressives would want to endure the wrath for proposing more restrictions. Fact: 100 million gun owners are not a political force to be reckoned with. Why is that?

1. avatar PeterK says:

I just think it’s a tone thing. Telling someone they suck and this is their fault isn’t going to motivate them to to better, it just makes them mad.

Show me the stats and tell me what went wrong and I’ll help fix it.

1. avatar Sam I Am says:

“Show me the stats and tell me what went wrong and I’ll help fix it.”
          “No?”

Here are the stats that seem to tell the story best:
          ~100,000,000 gun owners
          ~ 400,000 guns
          ~ 16,000,000 CCW holders
          ~ exploding numbers of anti-gun laws
          ~ 2A rallies that are shamed by the numbers of people attending standard political rallies
          ~ a near even split in pro and anti-gun tribes
          ~ the mere fact that in this country, a provision of the constitution is considered obsolete and deserving of relegation to second-class status.
          ~ what seems to be the complete absence of 2A supporting billionaires to challenge the financial power of the anti-gun mob.

Something is wrong with the gun owners of the nation, and we should not be adverse to being reminded of the failure, from time-to-time.

As for tone, one can be of the opinion that how a truth is declared is more important than the truth itself. But if you had a group of children at a birthday party who decided to go play hopscotch on a busy avenue, would you approach that group with a mild, calm, pleasant smile and an admonition to rethink their choice, or would you scream, “Get the hell out of the street before you get killed!”?

BTW, my intended tone here is not “Get the hell out of the street…”

2. avatar TrueBornSonofLiberty says:

You’re missing some invaluable zeros. The very same ones that guarantee that the Liberal Terrorists will suffer losses in the 10’s of millions if they keep pushing their “War of Leftist Aggression”.

62. avatar GunnyGene says:

You fail to note that the entire purpose of Legislatures and Presidents/Governors, etc. , is to pass laws. They don’t get elected to NOT pass laws. While you are correct in how the process works, what happens is that deals are made, compromises are agreed to in order to get a law passed.

63. avatar Jason says:

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

“SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED”

And?

64. avatar Paul says:

One think that keeps hitting me is that many people are focused on the 80% blanks, but the term used in the text states “certain firearm receiver castings or blanks, assault weapon parts kits”
    I think many people miss the parts kits. That vould be construed as simple the LPK or UPK. And if yjjose as well are outlawed, then if would not matter if the lower is 80% or not, it all goes away.
    Just a discussion we were having in the shop today.

1. avatar GunnyGene says:

This bill is so ambiguous you could stuff practically anything into it. Recoil springs, trigger kits, you name it. The only hope we have is that it hits the shredder. If it becomes a bargaining chip in whole or in part, for compromises or deals among the politicians, we will get the shitty end of the stick.

65. avatar oi-oi-i-hate-cissies says:

Good. The government needs to disarm you subhuman trumpanzees so we can march you off to the camps.

1. avatar MMFB says:

A lot of ghostgunners being sold on a daily basis so this joke of a bill doesn’t really matter, does it? The government will stop technology. Ha! If you don’t have a ghostgunner order one now. Pushbutton unserialized firearms. Uninfringable.

66. avatar Troll under bridge says:

If this passes I think I might post some bar stock online as a 0% lower

67. avatar Michael says:

Leaderless resistance by all sides, over all issues, is up and running everywhere. Attempting to stop it will be about as effective as trying to pick up Hg with a fork.-30-