Genius: AIWB Holster Hack from Melody Lauer

courtesy Melody Lauer/LimaTunes

This holster hack from Melody Lauer is a favorite of mine and a must-share. If you carry AIWB, give it a try. Give the Keepers’ Errand holster a look, too. Spencer Keepers is The Man for AIWB holsters and skills.

courtesy Melody Lauer/LimaTunes

“I have awesome ear pro! The muffs aren’t foam padded they are gel padded and even wearing glasses underneath of them is no problem. The gel forms a perfect seal around my ear and doesn’t leave pressure points or hot spots. That got me thinking. Could there be something similar for an AIWB holster?”

“So, off I went to Walmart to look at shoe inserts. And there, descended from the heavens of the AIWB gods, were Dr Scholl’s Massaging Heel Cushions.”

“At $5.50, there was no reason not to try them.” Melody Lauer, The AIWB Holster Hack (Click the article link to learn about this AIWB holster hack. It’s awesome.)

comments

1. avatar Esoteric Inanity says:

Is anybody else Gellin?

2. avatar JasonM says:

Does the hack involve not pointing a gun at your own thighs and genitals?

1. avatar Esoteric Inanity says:

Dr. Scholl’s massaging gel pads possess incredible shock absorbing qualities. Rumor has it that they act as a non-Newtonian ballistics deterrent.

2. avatar GDMF says:

FFS – give it a rest.

3. avatar Curtis in IL says:

If you want this site to appeal to beginners, then maybe you should explain what the hell “AIWB” stands for.

1. avatar Eric in Oregon says:

That’s asking a lot for an article that is one very short paragraph and a link to and pics from another site’s content. Defining AIWB would have tripled the time-to-write.

/snark

More seriously – meh, it’s not an obscure abbreviation and Google is right there if you need the definition.

2. avatar Sarcastro says:

It stands for “you’re gonna shoot your junk (or femoral artery) off”

1. avatar Azzhole says:

Only if you’re an untrained moron..

1. avatar Chris. says:

Or the only one in this room professional Enough to carry a Glock 40.

2. avatar little horn says:

so not pointing the gun at things you do not want to destroy…i guess you have too much training for that rule huh tough guy.

3. avatar Esoteric Inanity says:

Esoteric Inanity would surmise that it stands for: Appendix (carry) Inside Waist Band.

1. avatar LarryinTX says:

Don’t be silly!

4. avatar Jackass Jim says:

AIWB

An Idiot Without Balls

5. avatar little horn says:

its not for beginners. its for clickbait and people who can’t think for themselves so they come here and they tell them what to think and what to be afraid of. i’m finding myself coming here less and less each passing month. all the stupid ass slippery slope arguments may work on people with a 6th grade education but anyone with an I.Q. over 100 knows better.

4. avatar A O says:

Thefirearmblog.com appeal grows when she writes articles

1. avatar 22winmag says:

No exactly.

The quality of the content at TFB continues to nosedive.

1. avatar SoCalJack says:

I agree. I stopped visiting TFB a month ago. I just don’t have time to visit all the gun blogs; TTAG is my primary choice.
        BTW, I AIWB carry and I admit it gets uncomfortable sometimes especially if I am doing a lot of physical activities outside. The heal gel idea seems to make sense so thanks for sharing.

1. avatar Kat Ainsworth says:

Thanks SoCalJack. It’s an older post from Melody but I came across it and thought it was cool enough to pass on. I carry AIWB as well. This seems like a solid hack for some of my holsters.

2. avatar Kat Ainsworth says:

Posts like this are meant to be short, not full-length articles. Just an informative point in the direction of good content.

Anyway, you’re here, aren’t you? 🙂

5. avatar Rick Hess says:

I use moleskin (self stick, no velcro necessary) on the back of my Crossbreed IWB. Yep, it wears out after about 6 months or so, so you just peel it off and stick on another layer. It gives plenty of cushion, but it’s not so thick that it changes the way things sit.

1. avatar Curtis in IL says:

Wait. I thought creating a bulge in the front of your pants was a feature, not a bug.

6. avatar Anymouse says:

Nothing like 3.5 year old “news.” Got to let it age to perfection. How about some stories about what Bernie’s gun policies will be when he defeats Hillary in the primariws and is elected in 2016.

7. avatar possum says:

That pouch the females have is convenient. Most of us males just carry the gun with our tails through the trigger guard, I’ve tried the mouth carry but when eating chicken eggs you’ve got to spit the gun out then look for it in a hurry when the pissed off chicken rancher goes to shooting at yah.

8. avatar Porridgeweasel says:

I’m more interested in the ear cover hax. With a beer gut and overly protective nature of my “junk” I’m not gonna be appendix carrying any thing.
    Of course, I’m not sharp enough to figure out what I’m supposed to do with shoe inserts in mah earmuff sockets so…I guess I just read for the sake of reading.

9. avatar Felixd says:

I can’t believe I actually followed this useless article. This blog is doomed if this crap continues.

10. avatar Button Gwinnett says:

Nobody carries AIWB. They all shot themselves in the femoral artery and bled out.