Sparks, Nevada –– SWORD International is excited to announce that their highly popular MK-17 rifle is now available to the civilian market.
Previously, this designated marksman rifle was only available to military special forces. This rifle was designed to give the military marksman a semi-automatic weapons system that was lightweight, reliable and highly accurate.
Some of the innovative features of the MK-17 include an ambi-bolt catch/release pad located near the lower-front portion of the trigger well, as well as a fold-down side charging handle. These design features allow for a much more natural handling of the rifle by the shooter. Weighing just 9 pounds the MK-17 feels and looks like a carbine, but shoots much more like a precision bolt-action rifle.
With the inclusion of calibers such as the highly popular 6.5 Creedmoor and the .260 Remington, the MK-17 is an excellent choice for hunters. Reliable under any conditions, the durability and long-range accuracy of these rifles is second-to-none.
The SWORD MK-17 rifle is available in 7.62×51 NATO, .260 Remington, and .6.5 Creedmoor. Now available nationwide, this rifle has a MSRP of $3,995.00.
Whether you are a hunter, a competitive shooter or simply enjoy long-range shooting, the SWORD International MK-17 rifle is the perfect choice.
MK-17 Set Up:
- Tuned Compensator – Perfectly tuned to remove muzzle flip and to help reduce recoil.
- Cut Rifled and Black Nitride Coated Barrel – Manufactured with Precision Single-Point Cut Rifled Barrels and Nitride coated to allow for maximum accuracy and durability. The Mk-17 Mod0 has been accuracy tested to 1/4 MOA.
- Proprietary Self-Regulating Piston System – Piston system removes carbon fouling from the upper receiver and bolt carrier assembly. Self-regulating means no gas setting and the ability to run a wide range of ammo.
- M-Lok Compatible Rail System – Free floated to maximize accuracy, simple removal procedure for piston maintenance and flexibility to add mounting solutions.
- Rugged Black Nitrided Bolt Carrier Assembly – Machine on precision CNC machines out of special material and coated in Black Nitride the Mk-17’s bolt carrier is functional, durable, and aesthetically pleasing.
- Ambi-Bolt Catch/Release Pad – Located near the lower/front portion of the trigger well. The bolt catch release pad makes locking or releasing the bolt easy with your trigger finger. Left and right handed operators can manipulate it without giving up fire control or moving their support side hand.
- Ambi-Magazine Release Buttons – Located on opposing sides of the lower receiver, the ambi-magazine release buttons allow left and right-handed operators to drop the magazine with their trigger finger and without giving up fire control.
- Tungsten Filled Heavy Buffer – Weighted and tuned specifically for the Mk-17’s rate of return.
- Piston Rated Heavy Action Spring – Heavy duty and durable, this action spring is perfectly tuned and rated for the Mk-17’s rate of return.
- Operating System: Short Stroke Gas Piston System
- Caliber: 7.62 x 51 NATO, 260 REM, 6.5 Creedmoor
- Weight: 9.34lbs W/O Magazine, 9.78lbs W/ Empty magazine
- Magazine Capacity: 20 Round
- Length: 35.6″ W/ Stock collapsed, 39″ W/ Stock fully extended
- Height: 8″ Rear sight to bottom of pistol grip
- Coatings: Milspec Type 3 Hardcoat Anodize- Black
- Coatings: Milspec Type 3 Hardcoat Anodize- Black, Coyote Brown, Regnar Green
About SWORD International:
Based in Sparks, Nevada, SWORD International manufactures cutting edge small arms for the military, law enforcement and civilian markets. This veteran owned company proudly manufactures its products in the United States to the highest standards required by its defense customers. Never cutting corners, SWORD International utilizes the most advanced materials and manufacturing processes to deliver accurate, reliable and durable firearms that won’t let you down. Find out more at https://sword-int.com.