Deal Alert: Brownells to Sell Sought-After HK416 Kits This Weekend

Deal Alert: Brownells to Sell Sought-After HK416 Kits This Weekend

courtesy Brownells

GRINNELL, Iowa (November 8, 2018) – Starting November 10, Brownells will offer a limited quantity of parts kits for the HK416 – the type of rifle used by U.S. Navy SEALs in the 2011 raid against Osama Bin Laden.

Disassembled from German military machine guns, the parts kits will be available initially only to Brownells EDGE members on Saturday, November 10, and then to all Brownells customers on Sunday, November 11 – Veterans Day.

The HK416 kits, listed as #100-026-983 at Brownells.com, contain all factory original parts except for the lower receiver, bolt assembly and barrel. The kits retail for $3,299.99.

In addition to the authentic military HK416 kits, Brownells will also begin accepting pre-orders for all other parts and the barrel tool required to finish the kits into complete rifles. All NFA rules apply.

Sold separately and expected to ship by the end of Novermber, those other parts include:

•            #078-000-487 BRN-4 Stripped Lower, $399.99 retail

•            #078-000-488 HK416-style barrel, $399.99 retail

•            #078-000-489 HK416 Barrel Install Tool, $79.99

•            #078-000-490 HK416-style Complete Bolt Assembly, $199.99

The BRN-4 stripped lower is Brownells’ take on an HK 416 receiver and started as an HK factory forging.

The HK416 parts kits are available exclusively at Brownells and are very limited in quantity.

Brownells brought several of these forgings into the United States, and finished them into stripped lowers with correct selector-switch markings and proper contours for an HK416.

To learn more, visit the Brownells HK416 page.

comments

1. avatar 22winmag says:

The Bin Laden raid, burial at sea… and other fairy tales.

1. avatar Don from CT says:

What do you think happened to him??

I don’t buy the burial at sea. But I’m comfortable with the fact that he’s dead.

Still alive in a CIA prison??

1. avatar DDay says:

I’m sure they either buried him at sea or cremated him. They wanted to make sure there would never be a shrine holding his body similar to the disappearance of hitlers body. che guevara was buried dead in the jungles of South America but the commie lovers managed to find his body decades later and now it’s a shine in cuba.

Conspiracy stuff is for the movies. Like 9/11 was an inside job. The government screws up all the time yet we’re to believe hundreds or thousands were involved and no one talked or leaked? Just like the bin laden stuff, there were many people involved, if these was so grand conspiracy, it would get out.

There was a raid, they killed him, they got his DNA samples, pictures, etc. and disposed of his body. They were never going to attempt to take him alive and end up having some media crazy trial, then have him on death row for a decade or two filing appeal after appeal.

2. avatar D says:

Nearly $4300 and it comes with a non HK lower and non HK barrel???????????????? $4300???????

1. avatar Don from CT says:

You aren’t familiar with 416 costs these days are you??

3. avatar TruthTellers says:

I see an ad and I see a fad and it makes me sad.

4. avatar Stateisevil says:

Yes, we killed him in secret, so Hillary and Obama could have a tense and authoritative photo op, then we immediately threw the body out of a chopper into the Ocean. Yes we did.

And the gun is not worth it.

1. avatar Green Mtn. Boy says:

Niether were Hillary and Obama.

5. avatar GS650G says:

I can think of 10 things to spend 4300 on and be better off.

1. avatar MB says:

Like an FN SCAR 20s complete and ready to go shoot.

2. avatar LarryinTX says:

Add in the rest of the parts, it’s like $4500, and still isn’t select fire? YGBSM!

1. avatar Southern Cross says:

And they are USED parts.

The H&K fanbois will lap them up.

6. avatar Chadwick says:

I think this is a pretty cool opportunity to snag one of these if you can afford the entry price. It’s a little too rich for my blood. Still it is cool. Too bad we still have that stupid barrel ban and can’t just get those in with parts kits. How a barrel being attached to a machine gun somehow makes it special is beyond me. Leave it to gun laws to bring out the special.

7. avatar New Continental Army says:

“…contain all factory original parts except for the lower receiver, bolt assembly and barrel…”

Wow. Boy was I sure wrong on the post about FN. I made the comment:
    “looks like FN has finally superseded HK in the pretentious price point”.
    At least with FN when you’re shelling out all that dough you get a real working rifle. Over 3 grand for an upper receiver (without a barrel or bolt) and a buttstock? Deal alert? More like monetary sodomy alert.

1. avatar No one of consequence says:

In fairness, H&K is probably not setting the price on these, any more than Honda sets the price of a 2003 Camry engine at the local scrapyard.

1. avatar New Continental Army says:

Fair point.

8. avatar Old Region Fan says:

And what will this do that your current AR wont ??

1. avatar Ruthless Objectivity says:

For $4300 for an incomplete upper and buttstock, it had better wash my dishes, fold my laundry, and drive me to work.

2. avatar RA-15 says:

The answer is nothing !! Deal Alert my eye.

9. avatar Geoff "Mess with the bull, get the horns" PR says:

“All NFA rules apply.”

What’s NFA about this kit?

1. avatar Bobski says:

It’s a legit 416 kit with the original full auto trigger. Legal to own, they just don’t want people thinking that this is permission to go and drill a third hole in whatever lower they use.

10. avatar RVTMAV says:

400 BUCKS for a Stripped LOWER…. I’m sorry but what?

Yeah, I think I will have to PASS on this one, really Bums Me out. (*_*) NOT

11. avatar Porridgeweasel says:

4 grand plus so that I can put on my “tactical” jammies and take this to the range and hope someone asks what kinda AR that is?? Then I can tell them it’s “almost” what they used to kill Bin-Laden??

Um…no. I’ll pass. Silly rabbits.

1. avatar No one of consequence says:

Not silly at all, if enough people are willing to buy it at that price. In fact, I’d wager (if I were a betting man) that they’ll all be spoken for before they’re generally available on Veterans Day.

Now, if we want to talk about how many actually get put back together in operable condition again – either by owner or by gunsmith the owner takes it to – that’s another topic altogether. 🙂

12. avatar Scott says:

“Deal Alert??” Really? I actually clicked on the link, thinking, foolishly, that I might find an actual deal there.

1. avatar No one of consequence says:

Yeah .. these days I go to Ammoland for those.

2. avatar DDay says:

They said it’s a deal which could mean good deal, bad deal or terrible deal. There probably are not many, so they’ll probably sell and that’s how the free market works. It would be nice if there were a bigger supply and not a restricted supply like what DeBeer’s does with diamonds to control the price.

13. avatar AgingDisgracefully says:

Is that barrel chrome lined?

14. avatar Mike Dexter's a GOD says:

lol

I have a dream that everyone will tell HK exactly where to stick this absurdly priced gear…..

But, I’m sure the cloners with too much disposable income will gobble them up fast as ever.

15. avatar neiowa says:

The Germans are now burning surplus flecktarn so it won’t end up in civilian hands but selling HK parts sets? They do need to order a 2nd Leopard in order to plus up the Bundeswehr.

1. avatar New Continental Army says:

They’re going to get steam rolled by the Russians or Moors one way or another. I suppose if I had to pick, I’d take the greasy Russians over the caliphate.

16. avatar M2AP says:

I want to build a 416 clone as DI.

17. avatar Red in CO says:

Uhh, what? Seriously, dafuq? Aside from the “HK 416” name, you can get higher quality versions of ALL these parts for far, far less than that. I mean, shit, if you want a piston AR with a quad rail (which is all that a civilian 416 is, because quad rails are the shit… if its 2004), you can get a complete rifle of comparable quality for less than half of this insane cost. I’m sure someone out there makes a civilian clone of the 416 for that exact reason. I will say this though, HK has done a truly amazing job of cementing itself as the weapons of mall ninjas whose mommies have far too much money.

“HK. Because you suck and we hate you”

(None of this is to be construed as being critical of the economic system in which HK operates; if you can find a way to overcharge idiots with rich parents, shit, more power to you. Meanwhile, I’ll just laugh at idiots who massively overpay for the guns that they never shoot, and welcome them to go head to head with me and my humble Rock River AR and basic Glock 19)