Springfield XD-S in an Alien Gear Holster: Everyday Carry Pocket Dump of the Day

Cole Robison of South Carolina says his EDC is “still a work in progress.” His daily carry includes a Springfield XD-S, a YETI Rambler, and a Leatherman Wave. Cole packs his single-stack XDS in an Alien Gear Shapeshift 4.0 IWB holster. The Shapeshift is a hybrid holster design and is adjustable for height, cant, and retention.

What holsters do you guys prefer?

comments

1. No “YETI” Cooler huhhh…

2. avatar Brandon says:

I run full kydex taco style holster… I dont like holsters with leather or hybrid… I like a hair trigger, so Im not taking chances.

3. avatar Geoff "Mess with the Bull, get the Horns" PR says:

Any respect for this gets flushed straight down the shitter with the “Beats by Dr. Dre” headphones.

Good God, have some self-respect for you ears and you music, man!

*sobbing*

1. avatar troutbum5 says:

Beats are awful. Muddy, and very bassy. No clarity whatsoever. Bought a pair of the ear buds when I left my Shure SE215s at home. Ditched them as soon as I got home.

1. avatar Timal says:

Anyone passed his/her teen years who wears headphones deserves a D in the mouth.

1. avatar Bearpaw says:

At least the ear buds are in tactical black. That should count for something. You know, like operating small operations.

4. avatar Clit Yeastwood says:

I don’t have a preferred holster! I keep it in my strong hand. I am ready to operate, always.

5. avatar ‘liljoe says:

What happened to less is more?

1. avatar Larry says:

This!

3 knifes and 3 flash lights but not a backup mag? Is this a joke? People carry way to much shite. Carry a slightly bigger gun (g19 size), a backup mag, one small pocket knife and small flashlight.

If you carry a gun, why do you need more than a simple pocket knife. Maybe a simple pocket knife that has a few tool blades.

Knife fighting is super up close and from what I have seen in the real world a messy venture that might end in loss of life after a long bleed out.

My pocket knife is a tool and its real world use as a weapon falls far behind my carry gun which already has a 99.99% chance of never being used.

6. avatar JW says:

Springfield? Yeti?

Oh the humanity! 🙂

7. avatar Aaron says:

seems like an awful lot o’ unnecessary crap to put in one’s pockets. and it’s missing the most important tool you carry everyday: a cell phone.

8. avatar Ton E says:

A Springfield and a Yeti?! Hang em!!!

9. avatar RAK says:

I found a great little company in Wendell, NC called Dara holsters & gear. They make custom kydex holsters with a “NO BS” lifetime warranty. Check em out.

10. avatar Mike says:

Yuck, Springfield XD.

11. avatar Aaron says:

i keep thinking i want an XDs in .45 for pocket carry, but i’m finding my cheap-ass, pocketable Ruger EC9S is slightly smaller, it’s reliable and i can keep ‘em all in the 9 ring (not impressive for the pro shooters, but good enough for a pocket pistol). And it’s paid for!

it also gets a slight bonus for not being Springfield. Or Yeti.