Rite in the Rain FDE Carry: Everyday Carry Pocket Dump of the Day

GLOCK 22 EDC everyday carry concealed owb G22

Threeper’s OWB EDC includes an FDE GLOCK but it isn’t a 9mm, it’s a .40 S&W. He carries his Glock 22 in a Kydex holster and loads it with Federal .40 S&W 108 grain HSTs. It looks like he also totes a Rite in the Rain All-Weather Index Card Kit around.

Now, I have nothing but love for the .40 S&W – it’s done me right both for concealed carry and out hunting coyotes and hogs – but I know not everyone shares my opinion. What say you?

comments

1. avatar Bigus Dickus says:

Aaaaaand another Glock.

1. avatar Bearpaw says:

The dude’s got other carries. Check out all his EDC rotations. Got some Sig for you. Too bad they’re all forties. And his lights could use some sure fire.

1. avatar B.D. says:

My wallet could use some fattening too 😀

2. avatar TomC says:

.40 yes
    glock, not so much

1. avatar B.D. says:

I actually sold the Glock. I carry a Smith & Wesson M 2.0 now. Glocks gone seriously downhill.

3. avatar Kyle says:

I”ll never understand the fascination with a notebook.

What phone doesn’t have the ability to take notes on anymore.

Nothing wrong with it, but its kinda unnecessary.

1. avatar Larry says:

Sketches , diagrams,materials list, you give to,your helper to run for parts. Lunch order ,pass it around guys write their order .most anyone in emergency services uses a pad for notes . I always used mine for PT info .

1. avatar Deep fried possum says:

I carry and use one everyday I am working (cop), however I never EDC one when off duty.

2. avatar B.D. says:

Another Keynote is here in Montana vehicle inspections are not mandatory, so I’ve used it to post on someone’s vehicle when their tire is low or something to let them know that way they’re not driving on unsafely. It’s actually a really big issue out here. A lot of vehicles on the road should not even be on the road. Plus I use it at work everyday to pass notes along.

2. avatar TomC says:

HA!

What phone has the capability to QUICKLY scratch out a few notes? If the information is text, yes, you could fight with the phone’s on-screen keyboard to try to type out what you need. Of course you have to be looking at the phone to do that — no way to look at something else AND type notes on a phone (at least not if you are older than about 16)

What phone has the capability to take notes that AREN’T just text. Ever try to sketch out a diagram on your phone. Even the fancy toys that supposedly let you draw on screen don’t do it well.

Yes, there are some things you do with a pad that a phone can also do. But a pad is simply a lot more versatile

1. avatar Mike Oregon says:

Plus if police seize all phones for any relevant pictures.

2. avatar B.D. says:

This also assumes that your hands are clean and free enough to use the keyboard. Using a phone for notes is not ideal to me. I don’t stay clean at work and I don’t always have my phone on me because half the time there is no signal where I work. So I leave it in the truck to avoid ruining it in the rivers or mountains.

3. avatar B.D. says:

And when your phone dies, then what?

I use paper notes every single day.

4. avatar Clown EDC says:

The EDC loadout that lets the world know you cannot satisfy your wife.

1. avatar JD says:

Why? Because it’s a full size gun? I think you’re the one that is projecting. Seeing you’re the only who posted that seems threatened.

1. avatar TomC says:

@JD — Don’t feed the troll

2. avatar B.D. says:

You’re funny… Your gf loves it btw…

5. avatar Hum says:

Well, he does call himself a dysfunctional Vet.

6. avatar Jd says:

108 grains

1. avatar B.D. says:

Yeah it was a typo. It’s 180 grain

7. avatar Doug Rowell II says:

Oh yeah, 40 is not for the limp wristed 9 wussies.

1. avatar B.D. says:

I don’t have a problem with 9mm but the only one I have ever owned was a subcompact and it kicked more than any of my .40’s. Also I have a 10mm for hiking and outdoor stuff along with my shotty and AR. I just have no use for smaller calibers and I’ll sacrifice a round for a bigger wound size.

8. avatar el Possum Guapo Herr Standartenfuher they think we're making pizza's" Oberst von Burn says:

I am not familiar with the 108 gr. HST. I’ve shot a few Glox in 40 cal. I have to use gloves however when shooting a Glock or for that matter any other Plastic Framed handgun as the plastic burns my hands after holding my 1911

1. avatar B.D. says:

It was a typo. It’s 180 grain

9. avatar Daniel says:

I have the same streamlight microstream. I am curious about the foam modification done to this individual’s. I would love for the original poster to comment on the foam as to its purpose. It might be something some of us would consider.

1. avatar B.D. says:

Hey this is my carry. What foam modification are you talking about?

10. avatar Simon says:

CZ P01 9mm, THE REAL DEAL!!!

11. avatar yolo says:

full size pistol cc master race

12. avatar Clay says:

The watch tho? Any specs on the other items?

1. avatar B.D. says:

Check the link. It’ll take u to my original post.

Gerber mini cover auto
      Streamlight microstream
      Maxpedition BFW
      Rite in the rain index kit
      Fisher space pen
      Glock 22 w/ agency arms magwell, trigger, tlr6, truglo tfx, and some other goodies…
      Alpha concealment holster and mag