GLOCK 43 or GLOCK 42? : Everyday Carry Pocket Dump of the Day

Justin in Georgia says this Glock 43 is his daily carry. The G43 enjoyed serious popularity right off the bat, and that winning streak seems to have stretched out a few years. Almost makes you wonder what they might do next for a single-stack.

It would appear the G43 is outpacing the G42 for EDCs. Does that mean you guys prefer a concealable 9mm over a .380 ACP?

comments

1. avatar Bad hand says:

Any gun is better than none. Forget caliber wars. I am all about capacity! It seems to me these single stacks would run dry Pdq. I know all you expert shooters will say shot placement or trigger discipline.
    I am thinking that if I skin my shit and start blastin I am gonna want to keep blastin for a minute.

1. avatar Docduracoat says:

To Bad Hand,
      I don’t know which state you live in.
      Here in Florida, and the surrounding states, you have to justify each shot.
      If they stop the attack after one shot, you are not allowed to keep shooting.
      There have been cases where the first 5 shots were ruled self defense, while the 6th shot was manslaughter.

2. avatar OkieRim says:

I have (and carry) both. It mostly depends on the season. Living in Oklahoma, it gets hot in the summer, so I tend to carry the G42 during that timeframe. When it gets colder, and clothes get thicker + jackets, I move to the G43.
    Neither have ever failed to fire or eject anything.

1. avatar Nuts-n-juicy says:

As you live in Oklahoma you should think about tornadoes, and I know for a fact 6.5 creedmoor is the way to go if you want to shoot through a tornado. Bottom line is, if I were you, I’d conceal carry an AR in 6.5creedmoor.

1. avatar JOE MATAFOME says:

They will eventually fail. I have shot several thousand rounds through both and had a handful of failures. They are great shooters but they’re not perfect.

1. avatar Bearpaw says:

Did you ever stop and think that maybe it wasn’t the Glock but rather you who is not perfect?

It takes Perfection to know perfection.

Glocks are perfect.

2. avatar JOE MATAFOME says:

It doesn’t matter if the shooter caused the failure. A failure is a failure and it will eventually happen to everyone. I know that I caused some of my failures, but it’s still a failure.

3. avatar JOE MATAFOME says:

If you ever shoot more than ten rounds a month than you will most likely have a failure. I guess you’ll have a perfect record until then.

2. avatar JOE MATAFOME says:

All guns (mainly semis) will eventually fail at one point. Either a failure to feed or eject or whatever. If it hasn’t failed then it hasn’t seen enough rounds. No gun is perfect and can go down at any time. This comment doesn’t include my revolvers (I know they can also fail and I’ve seen other peoples go down) but I’ve never had one of mine fail to date.

1. avatar Jeff in CO says:

I completely agree. The people that post, “I own XYZ and have fired 50,000 rounds through it and have never had a single ‘jam’…” either:

1) Have only put a few hundred rounds through it at best, or
        2) Have only shot a gun on their XBOX.

Everyone will limp wrist at some point and induce a malfunction, especially if you regularly practice weak-hand drills. If you have never experienced a malfunction with your semiautomatic pistol, you have not shot it enough!

3. avatar B.D. says:

I prefer a concealable 10mm

Catch up.

1. avatar JOE MATAFOME says:

Then the G29 would be perfect for you.

2. avatar Nuts-n-juicy says:

I love a pocket carry .50AE

4. avatar NJ2AZ says:

10″ s&W .500 or you ain’t trying

In all seriousness I opted for the g43 mostly because I already owned many other 9mms.

1. avatar Nuts-n-juicy says:

Weird reasoning. So if you own a blonde female you are going to pick another blonde female? It doesnt make any sense to me but hey, as long as you are happy.

1. avatar JOE MATAFOME says:

I don’t see anything wrong with having two blondes.

5. avatar JOE MATAFOME says:

I use to carry the 19 daily and the 42 as the back up. Then I went with the 19 with the 43 as the BUG. Now I only carry the P365. Two ten round mags plus one in the pipe. It has less recoil than the 43 and is more accurate. The 19 has them all beat, but it’s far larger than the others.

1. avatar TheOtherDavid says:

43 for a BUG when I have the 26 or 19 as primary. The thing that really sold me on the 43 as a BUG is no matter what I do with my support hand, I haven’t gotten a malfunction while shooting one-handed. It cycles pretty much no matter how I hold it.

I really like the 42 as a soft-shooting handgun for new recoil-averse shooters.

6. avatar Glenn De Los Reyes says:

G43 for my off duty carry, 6+2.

7. avatar Jean-Claude says:

If I’m going to carry a .380, it’s going to be a very small one, like my CW380. I would also carry comething like a Beretta Cheetah—having 12 rounds of .380 on deck works too.

The 43 is bigger than it needs to be for a 9mm, too. The Kahr CM9/PM9 are smaller and have the same capacity.

8. avatar Ricard says:

Well lets start are u crazy remarks. I have and Taurus g2c 12 rd mag comes with it . I like the gun shoots great . Seems to be very well like on u tube by the gun nuts . I have nothing against the glocks they are fine guns .

9. avatar Richard Carlson says:

I have a G43… love it I bought it slightly used well over a Hundred rounds have been put through it. Without fail.
    I also carry a Taurus p25. Nice lil pocket piece.
    Which I get sh!÷ for alot.
    Better to have something than nothing.

10. avatar Jr says:

42 just seemed like a cash grab to me. I bet they had the 43 engineered first and said “wait! we can release this as an excessively large framed .380 first, then once all the fanboys buy them up we can get them to buy almost the same gun again in the caliber most people actually want!”

11. avatar daveinwyo says:

I carry a .454 in an Alaskan chest rig for easy access, a cut down fully semi auto M2 under the seat and a flare gun with a 12 gauge conversion in my counsel. I also make my own firebombs which I carry in a special vest./s

1. avatar Craig in IA says:

That’s funny, but I will mention that I can pack my old Freedom Arms .454 easily on my hip like a SAA. The majority of them since need enough heft that I might as wll carry my little Marlin 45-70 Guide Gun. Ditto the big X Frame S&Ws.

12. avatar Jeff says:

I use a 42 for my edc, just because it was smaller. I perfer 9mm

13. avatar Craig in IA says:

Lots of cheap, slightly used G42 trade-ins at the gun shows. Poor suckers who bought those before the 43s came out, bet they wouldn’t have sold 50 42s had the 43 been first…