All That Glitters: Everyday Carry Pocket Dump of the Day

In this case it doesn’t exactly glitter, but it is gold. EDFX says this is his daily EDC and in this case the cloth the gun and gear are laid out on is part of it: it’s an SA Company Face Shield that can be worn as a balaclava, gaiter, or headband. Anyone else carry a balaclava or shemagh on the daily?

comments

1. avatar Daniel says:

Glad to see others carrying a dedicated flashlight!

1. avatar Bearpaw says:

Wow, a Glock. How cool is that!

1. avatar GDMF says:

Very! 🙂

2. avatar Danny Mann says:

Yep. A G.I. Triangle Bandage and 2 shemaghs. One in pocket, one in truck.

2. avatar billy-bob says:

No but I have a fabulous pocket square.

3. avatar kahlil says:

September is calling, says you missed a post (https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/09/kat-ainsworth/minimal-customized-carry-everyday-carry-pocket-dump-of-the-day/)

If you’re going to re-post EDC try not to repeat garbage Glocks with flaking off paint.

1. avatar B.D. says:

It was stupid back then, it’s still stupid now.

Why do this to your gun? Stipple… ok, whatever… mod’s… ok, whatever. But a worn gold finish?

1. avatar Specialist38 says:

Oh come on.

Its so you can identify yours among all the other just like it.

Seriously, why would you care about the embellishments on someone elses heater?

1. avatar Kahlil says:

For the same reason I have opinions on saggy pants, certain genres of music (country, rap, easy listening) , certain hairstyles, and on spoilers and loud exhausts on rice rockets….because they’re stupid. It doesn’t make the gun look set apart, it makes an already cheap looking plastic gun imho look even cheaper. Plus jean-Claude below said it well, it makes you look like you’re seeking out a fight. The same goes with all these cars with the blue lines, 3%, gs style, gun flag, and punisher logos…make you look like an aggressor. Sometimes less is more.

2. avatar Small Member says:

“Sometimes less is more.”

Yeah, keep believing your wife when she tells you that…

2. avatar SouthAl says:

Yeah, could use some work with that. But I gotta give it to Kat, she’s doing more on these than just posting the pic and listing the items. Doing good with her other posts, too. Much better than most of Staff Writer’s articles, and fewer marginally relevant posts than she did early on.

1. avatar A O says:

She’s reposting stuff from another site. Not that hard. Complete failure with double posting this crap. She should be ashamed.

4. avatar daveinwyo says:

I carry a red bandana, I thought I saw dat pretty gat.

5. avatar Geoff "Mess with the Bull, get the Horns" PR says:

I carry a ‘Sharpie’, and a Spyderco ‘Harpy’ EDC.

(And have for over *25* years, now…)

6. avatar Isaac says:

Balaclava yes, 6 months out of the year, during the winter in North Dakota it helps cut the wind for shorter periods outside (like smoke breaks or scraping windows on my vehicle) when I need something but not full artic gear.

7. avatar MyName says:

I know a couple decent gunsmiths who can fix the finish on that slide.

1. avatar kahlil says:

That’s why he carries the Sharpie, been trying to undo that gold finish from a pawn shop gun. This is his 36th marker. 20 more to go and he should about have the gun looking like a gun again, instead of a toy.

8. avatar Jean-Claude says:

Bet this guy buys pre-distressed jeans and has spray painted fake patina on his car.

Honest wear is one thing. This is just stupid. If you’re just carrying your pistol, and you’re not in combat, there’s really no reason for it to look anything but new for a long time.

I shoot a lot—by most people’s standards. I’m shooting around 300 rounds a month through a rotation of pistols. They all still look great, and a couple of them are high polished stainless. Not a scratch, not a wear spot.

Why would you want your pistol to look like it was dragged behind a truck? If I am in a DGU and I’m carrying a shiny silver pistol with wood grips, I look like an old white guy with an old fashioned pistol. If I’m carrying some dramatically Cerakoted little modified pistol, I look like someone looking for a fight.

But the market supports it, so….

1. avatar Bob in IN says:

But they match his gold caps grille. Just saying.

9. avatar GDMF says:

Haters gonna hate… but I like the battleworn look. Not enough to pay for it, mind you, but I do like the look of it.

10. avatar Heywood says:

You keep reposting old shit.

11. avatar Gun Owning American says: