Springfield Armory Adds Two New 10mm XD(m) Pistols

Press release:

Springfield Armory® Celebrates the Launch of the XD(M) 10mm with an Unprecedented 10,000 Round Torture Test

GENESEO, ILL. (10/10/18) – Springfield Armory is pleased to announce a highly anticipated new addition to their polymer pistol lineup, the XD(M) 10mm. This full-size pistol is the latest variation in the series, now chambered in the popular 10mm round for more power in the highly accurate and reliable XD(M) platform.

An unprecedented torture test of 10,000 rounds was performed to prove the quality and reliability of this new addition to the XD(M) line, firing 10,000 rounds of Federal Premium® Hydra-Shok® 10mm ammunition through the gun with EVERY round documented on video. No work was done to the pistol, outside of a recoil spring change and adding Lucas® Extreme Duty Gun Oil at 2,000 round intervals. The magazines were left uncleaned and exposed to wind, dust, and grit. The XD(M) 10mm performed flawlessly under these conditions and powered through all 10,000 rounds without a single failure. The XD(M) 10mm has been meticulously engineered to ensure the pistol is as robust and reliable a defensive force as possible.

Available with a 4.5” or 5.25” barrel, the length is well-balanced when combined with the full-size grip frame for maximum controllability and comfort while shooting. Mega-Lock grip texturing, with the option of three interchangeable backstraps, allows for a customized fit that provides a secure and natural feel in the palm of your hand.

The Melonite® finished hammer-forged barrel and forged slide allow for a steady diet of full-power 10mm ammo, and the full-length guide rod lessens felt recoil. Holding 15+1 rounds, the XD(M) 10mm tames this potent cartridge for a comfortable shooting experience with each pull of the trigger.

The 4.5 inch model features a low-profile combat rear sight paired with a fiber optic front sight, while the 5.25 version has a fully adjustable target rear sight with fiber optic front. The short-reset trigger has a minimal trigger break for repeated rounds on-target, and facilitates accuracy even under potentially life-threatening personal defense situations.

“Our customers have been very vocal about their excitement at the prospect of an XD(M) chambered in 10mm,” explains Springfield Armory President Steve McKelvain. “We are thrilled to now offer them exactly what many of them have been asking for: the power and velocity of the 10mm round delivered in the reliability of the XD(M) platform, proven through a 10,000 round torture test documented on video.”

Now available in two configurations:

XDM94510BHCE XD(M) 10MM 4.5” $652.00
XDM952510BHCE XD(M) 10MM 5.25” $779.00

XD(M) 10mm Features:

XD(M) 10K round torture test video link:

www.xdm10k.com

The brand new XD(M) 10mm is eligible for the All XD Gear Up!

Now through December 31, 2018 – receive 3 extra mags, a range bag, and an optional EDC package from Surefire and Kershaw when you purchase any new XD, XD Mod.2, XD-S, XD-S Mod.2, XD(M), or XD-E.

Learn More: www.allxdgearup.com

About Springfield Armory®

In 1794, the original Springfield Armory was designated as our national armory by General George Washington, and began manufacturing muskets for the defense of our young, free Republic.  This monumental institution went on to serve as a think tank for developing innovative firearms concepts and producing some of the most storied rifle platforms in our country’s history.  The Armory functioned as a firearms supplier for every major American conflict until 1968 when the government sadly closed its doors. In 1974, two centuries after its inception, Springfield Armory Inc. in Geneseo, IL revived the iconic heritage of the Armory to carry on its legacy and restore the Springfield Armory name.

Springfield Armory Inc. engineers, manufactures and assembles their high-quality 1911, 911, SAINT® AR-15 and legendary M1A™ lines of firearms in Geneseo, Illinois. Since 2001, Springfield Armory has enjoyed a strategic, collaborative partnership with the state-of-the-art factory in Croatia working hand-in-hand to develop and engineer the multiple award-winning line of XD® polymer pistols that have become staples in the US marketplace. We strive to honor this responsibility as guardians of the original Springfield Armory legacy by manufacturing the highest quality firearms to enable responsible citizens to preserve their right to keep and bear arms in the defense of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

With an unmatched emphasis on craftsmanship, performance and exceptional customer service, our mission is to forge superior firearms and provide the tools necessary to defend individual freedoms and equality for those who embrace the rights and principles secured by our Founding Fathers.  For more information, please visit us at: springfield-armory.com.

comments

1. avatar Madcapp says:

How many times do 3D televisions have to come and go before people understand that its a bad idea? How many times is the gun industry gonna push absurd, unfriendly, heavily recoiling, non-NATO calibers like this before people figure out that its just revisiting the same stupid gimmick that already failed before, to get you to waste your money and time all over again?

1. avatar Bloving says:

I suppose when people stop wanting to shoot feral piggies with a pistol rather than a magnum revolver…
      There is a valid argument for the 10mm, just because YOU don’t want one doesn’t mean no one else should. Personally, I’d like one of the Ruger SR1911s in 10mm, but I can see the appeal in one of these.
      🤠

1. avatar jean says:

That Ruger is one SWEET pistol…. it’s at the top of “buy next” list.

1. avatar Bearpaw says:

Headline should read Springfield imports two more pistols.

So what now? Is Springfield forgiven? Did hell freeze over?

2. avatar New Continental Army says:

10mm doesn’t have a heavy recoil.

1. avatar Madcapp says:

Oh, of course the 10 MM doesn’t have heavy recoil….except, the heavy recoil is exactly why the FBI ditched the caliber. It never ceases to amaze me how quickly the LEAST knowledgeable people want to pipe up and demonstrate their ignorance for all to see.

1. avatar Specialist38 says:

An agency dropping a round doesnt mean it has too much recoil for gun people.

It means their hack officers cant qualify as well with the round.

Many agencies are also dropping the 40 for the 9 as scores go up with the smaller caliber.

No big surprises there.

I dont consider 40 a heavy recoiling round or 10mm for that matter.

44 magnum has pretty stiff recoil but i can qualify with it. My shot to shot tiime does increase.

Interesting to note that most European police departments went to 32 and 380 after WWII as the 9mm was cinsidered to be “heavy recoiling”. They started switching to 9mm as they found those rounds to be inadequate for determined perpatrators.

If you only shoot twice a year, most effective calibers will be a challenge. Give it a few years, something will happen where the FBI decides it needs a more effective round and switches again.

2. avatar Greg says:

Women agents couldn’t handle 10mm. Women have no business in LE or Mil.

3. avatar New Continental Army says:

Yeah, least knowledgeable. That means you. You’ve clearly never even shot a 10mm. I have. Just like with .45, the recoil is *very* over hyped. Same with .44 mag, 30-06, and 12GA. The only people who think that’s *heavy* recoil are small framed women, children, the elderly, or the disabled. Just because the recoil is more then a 9 or a 223 doesn’t make it *heavy*.

“Certs is a candy mint. Certs is a breath mint. Stop — you’re both right! It’s two — two — two mints in one!”

10mm recoil is stout but manageable. Most men can handle it just fine, with a bit of practice.

3. avatar Sal Chichon says:

So, how much have you shot 10 mm in order to come from your place of vast knowledge?

4. avatar AndrewinVA says:

“absurd, unfriendly, heavily recoiling”

Only if you have a vagina. 🙂

1. avatar Sal Chichon says:

Yup!

5. avatar Weapon Of War says:

Sigh, another limpwrist who thinks 9mm is the only caliber.

2. avatar D says:

We still hate Springfield Armory

1. avatar Cruzo1981 says:

Yep…

2. avatar Sir Tri says:

Who?

1. avatar Timmy says:

Him and the voices in his head.

1. avatar S.Crock says:

Him and those who care about the 2A, especially those in Illinois who were stabbed in the back by Springfield.

3. avatar Roy says:

So don’t buy one?

1. avatar Greg says:

Buy one if you want one. Don’t listen to them give in to impulse.☺️

3. avatar New Continental Army says:

Boooo!

1. avatar TexTed says:

Wait – they did a 10mm test using Hydro Shock???? What a friggin waste. Hydro shock is watered down baby ammo, almost identical to the .40 s&w version.

Testing a 10mm with 430 ft/lbs ammo is no torture test for a 10mm. They should have used Silvertips, they’re closer to proper 10mm loads at about 650 ft/lbs.

Absurd.

1. avatar TheOtherDavid says:

I was thinking the same thing. A little like testing your 357 magnum woods gun with 38 special.

Already have a G20 with Federal Trophybond JSP or Buffal Bore hardcast so I think I’ll pass

4. avatar Chucky says:

I suck with a 9mm, so I am going to get a 10mm. My accuracy is like flipping a coin anyway, I have the spray and pray mindset. Just don’t get mad if I put holes in your target bro.

1. avatar New Continental Army says:

Forget the handgun then. Get that not a NFA short semi auto shotty advertised here yesterday and don’t bother aiming, just unload from the hip. Or hold it over your head an unload while yelling allah akbar.

5. avatar Greg says:

Hell yeah I’m getting one. SA has answered my prayers.

6. avatar tdiinva says:

My 10mm is a woods gun. Realistically you aren’t going to more than 3-4 rounds off before you eat the bear or the bear eats you so capacity doesn’t matter. I am much more accurate with a 1911 than an XD or a Glock so as much as I am tempted to buy one of these or a Glock 20 I have better uses for my gun budget like breaking down and finally getting an AR.

7. avatar el Possum Guapo Standartenfuher " they think we're making pizza's Oberst von Burn says:

A good pistol for a reasonable price. plastic sights on my plastic pistol oh yeah!!!

8. avatar Scott C says:

I have an issue with that “about Springfield armory” bit at the end of this article. The Springfield Armory of today has absolutely nothing in common with the national armory established in 1794, they are a corporate entity using the name of what was once the national armory of our country, nothing more. And to pretend or insinuate that it does is abhorrent.

1. avatar Bearpaw says:

The SA patriotic sham works. Look at all the losers who own chicom eastern blok pistols sold in America by an anti-2A crybaby CEO standing on our flag with his muddy boots.

9. avatar Sal Chichon says:

I’d get one if I didn’t already own a G40MOS. That 5.25 incher looks like a sweet gun!

1. avatar Tom in Oregon says:

Yup.
      Same here.

10. avatar Jay in Florida says:

I may not need an XD in 10mm but I might buy one. Because I dont have one an XD that is.
    Although Im rather happy with my RIA Commander size 1911 in 10mm.
    Which at 32ozs even a full power Double Tap 135gr 735lb load is alot of fun to shoot.
    10mm is very controllable as long as you have a gun that actually fits your hand well.

1. avatar tdiinva says:

Same here. A 1911 handles high powered loads better than a plastic. I really like their TRP in 10mm but not at that price. The RIA is a solid gun

11. avatar Mike says:

Now I just need Smith and Wesson to get their M&P 10mm out.

12. avatar ABJ says:

No one “needs” a 10mm pistol–but “need” has nothing to do with it here in our beloved USA !!! No one “needs” a new Porsche, Corvette, Jaguar, or Wilson, either–but we can buy one (or even more) if we “want” and can afford it !!! May G-d bless and keep our beloved USA strong and free–and always MAGA !!! ABJ

13. avatar BlakeW5 says:

If only they announced this before I bought my G20…

May still pick up the longer version when I can handle one pending how it feels in hand. To echo other comments, would love to see an M&P 2.0 in 10mm as well

14. avatar The Rookie says:

*shrug*

Not going to hate on anyone who wants one, but I’ve never been all that excited about Springfield’s XD line. I’m sure they’re good guns, I’ve just never had to itch to own one in any caliber. Each to their own, and all that.

SA does make some pretty (if pricey) 1911’s, though…

15. avatar Tim U says:

If I didn’t have all the calibers I do, I’d be interested. Especially if I didn’t have a good woods handgun.

My S&W 629 works great for me, and I don’t see myself abandoning it. Capacity isn’t ideal but .44 mag will get the job done. Can’t justify yet another caliber

1. avatar New Continental Army says:

.44 mag is also much more powerful then 10mm, by far.

1. avatar tdiinva says:

No argument there but how accurate would you be under stress compared to a 10mm? Before answering put yourself under stress and find out

1. avatar New Continental Army says:

I have been there. (Not with a 10mm, but I get what you’re saying), I’m not knocking 10mm in any way. I like 10mm. I don’t personally own one yet, but I may, and would consider this in 5.25 version. I just too often see (online) certain calibers get compared when they shouldn’t be.

16. avatar skoon says:

Scree SA. those traders cant tempt me with titalating ten mm terror.

1. avatar Land of the Free, Home of the Incredibly Stupid says:

At which Ivy League institution did you matriculate?

1. avatar skoon says:

Fuck U (it was a state skool)

17. avatar Arandom Dude says:

Cool, 10mm is an underserved caliber, and it’s good to see more options.

18. avatar JMR says:

SA screwed up by not making the 5.25” version cut for a red dot, but I’m still getting one to carry in the woods and hunting. I’ll just have to send it off to get cut.

19. avatar IAmNotTheHulk says:

Fullu supported chamber or no?